[Dungeon] Wen's World - Feedback?

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Lyverbe

[Dungeon] Wen's World - Feedback?

Post by Lyverbe »

Has anyone completed my dungeon yet? So far, there has been 28 downloads on Grimrock Nexus but not a single comment. I'd like to know if it was at least fun to play ;)

http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/mods/54/
Neikun

Re: [Dungeon] Wen's World - Feedback?

Post by Neikun »

Grimrock players are notorious for failing to comment/like on dungeons they play. lol
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Charlo

Post by Charlo »

Sorry for the necrobump! I'm enjoying this dungeon so far but I am stuck on the "seven alcove" puzzle on the first floor. I feel like the three rocks need to go in the alcoves in some pattern that I haven't figured out yet. Anybody have a hint? The wall text is too cryptic for me - the way I read it makes it sound exponential, and I don't have 64 rocks on hand...
SpoilerShow
The first is one
The second is twice the first
The third is twice the second
etc. etc.
The seventh is twice the sixth

Catch 22
I will probably feel like a moron when I finally do figure it out. :oops:
Flohaxn

Post by Flohaxn »

its
SpoilerShow
put a stone in alcove 2,3 and 5 (thats then 2+4+16 = 22
Now help me, i am stuck on the next level on the "10" puzzle (with the 3x3 levers to pull) :)

i got a round key, but no lock for it. Did not find a 10th lever either.
Charlo

Post by Charlo »

Thanks Flohaxn! I need to expand my mind I guess. I was on the verge of just trying every possible combination.
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

Thanks to Komag thread I know this mod exist. So of course I will go and play as I am getting short of complete mod now.

Thanks for the mod and I will come back soon once I get stuck

:)
Lyverbe

Post by Lyverbe »

Flohaxn wrote: Now help me, i am stuck on the next level on the "10" puzzle (with the 3x3 levers to pull) :)

i got a round key, but no lock for it. Did not find a 10th lever either.
SpoilerShow
10 in roman is X. Close to the "10" are 3 floors with 3 levers each. "Draw" an 'X' (bottom floor: activate lever 1 and 3. Middle floor: activate lever 2. Top floor: activate lever 1 and 3).

See viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2777#p28585

I admit now that my hint was perhaps way too vague :?
Charlo

Post by Charlo »

Thanks for the hint on the lever puzzle. Sadly, I am stymied again. I got the key guarded by the warden on level five and found where to use it, but past that door is another door that I don't have the key for. It looks like an ornate lock. I have scoured all five floors and can't find another key.
SpoilerShow
Is it behind the door in the Herder corridor in the SE part of level two? It looks like that door is opened by a pressure plate that presumably needs to be stepped on by the Herder. I indiscriminately killed the Herder, so I can't access that door. However, I assume that this door is just a "secret", of which I have found 5/7.
If it's not that, could I have a hint pwease? Just a floor number would be fine. ;)

I also think I found a bug.
SpoilerShow
In the level four "meditation room", I successfully meditate and level up all my characters, but when I try to save the game after that point it crashes.
script_entity_13: cannot serialize table 'champion' with metatable stack traceback
Lyverbe

Post by Lyverbe »

Charlo wrote:Thanks for the hint on the lever puzzle. Sadly, I am stymied again. I got the key guarded by the warden on level five and found where to use it, but past that door is another door that I don't have the key for. It looks like an ornate lock. I have scoured all five floors and can't find another key.
SpoilerShow
When you returned to the starting point, you should have come face to face with a Goromorg. He has the ornate key and it should be on the spot where you killed it. You did kill it, did you? :)
Charlo wrote:I also think I found a bug.
I did encounter that issue and had it fixed. Damn, is it still there? So sorry.
Charlo

Post by Charlo »

Thanks Lyverbe.
SpoilerShow
There was no Goromorg, unless there was something I had to do to activate it. I just walked all the way back up to the starting room and put the prison key in the lock, nothing else happened.