Will there be a demo available?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Samurai

Will there be a demo available?

Post by Samurai »

Hello,

Apologies if this has been answered (searching doesn't return anything), but are there any plans for a demo and if so, when?

Thanks!

*hope the NDA doesn't block this also.
Shadow

Re: Will there be a demo available?

Post by Shadow »

Most likely not, the game launches in April.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
-H.P Lovecraft

^Admit it's greatness or get out!:P
petri

Post by petri »

We haven't actually decided yet whether we'll make a demo or not. Anyway, releasing a demo before the game ships would be tight because there isn't that much time left and fixing bugs has higher priority.
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

Yeah, fixing those bugs is much more important. However, after launch, I think that a demo version would be wise thing to do. It would boost your sales and visibility.

Since it's a 'new type' of a game for most people, something they have never experienced before, they'd probably like to try it out before buying.

For the most part, the unusual can be scary, yet intriguing at the same time. ;)

To satisfy that curiosity, give the people a demo!
CryptoCactus

Post by CryptoCactus »

I agree. I don't think it's terribly important to have a demo before release, necessarily, but after launch having a demo could very well boost sales. And I think it would garner some goodwill amongst gamers, as well. I hear a lot of complaints about games never having demos anymore.

I'll be buying it day 1 however!
Karkarov

Post by Karkarov »

People are sort of hung up on demo's lately for some reason. Rely on your fanbase and word of mouth. If they are passionate about the game and enjoy it people will hear about it. Focusing on making it the best game it can be will be the best way to get good press.
Alaric

Post by Alaric »

Karkarov wrote:People are sort of hung up on demo's lately for some reason. Rely on your fanbase and word of mouth. If they are passionate about the game and enjoy it people will hear about it. Focusing on making it the best game it can be will be the best way to get good press.
Yea... because nobody should try before they buy. Same should be true for cars and marriage.
NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

I may have missed this, what is the target price for this game? Seems like it would be much lower than say a full mainstream game (60 bucks) so, worth just buying and supporting rather then demoing first. (My opinion)
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

Alaric wrote:
Karkarov wrote:People are sort of hung up on demo's lately for some reason. Rely on your fanbase and word of mouth. If they are passionate about the game and enjoy it people will hear about it. Focusing on making it the best game it can be will be the best way to get good press.
Yea... because nobody should try before they buy. Same should be true for cars and marriage.
Nailed it, dude. Gotta judge things yourself, and in this case, can't let trailers or word of mouth lie to you. Better to check out if the game's to your liking or not than have buyers remorse.
Ganimoth

Post by Ganimoth »

NewYears1978 wrote:I may have missed this, what is the target price for this game? Seems like it would be much lower than say a full mainstream game (60 bucks) so, worth just buying and supporting rather then demoing first. (My opinion)
Well poeple are accustomed to lower prices in case of indie titles. I dont think it will be over 30 euros or so.