Grimrock Nexus and You

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Dark0ne

Re: Grimrock Nexus and You

Post by Dark0ne »

Excuse my naivety while I'm still away and unable to test myself; but does this mean that only people with the Steam version of LoG can play the mods as well? I'm aware the open beta of the editor is Steam only, but what about people using the GoG (et al) versions downloading from the Nexus at the moment, can they play the mods right now?
Filipsan

Post by Filipsan »

No, as long as the editor is in Beta, only Steam users can use it and play mods
Komag

Post by Komag »

Dark0ne wrote:Excuse my naivety while I'm still away and unable to test myself; but does this mean that only people with the Steam version of LoG can play the mods as well? I'm aware the open beta of the editor is Steam only, but what about people using the GoG (et al) versions downloading from the Nexus at the moment, can they play the mods right now?
It's not just getting the mod files (which you can from Nexus), but you also need the new beta patch for the game itself, only available with the steam version for the time being during the testing
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Dark0ne

Post by Dark0ne »

Ok thanks for the clarification. That explains a lot as to why mod authors are only really uploading to Steam right now despite the download numbers being pretty similar between the mods on Steam and Nexus.

Once I get back I'll have to make a concerted effort to contact the current mod authors on the Workshop about uploading to the Nexus too.
Dark0ne

Post by Dark0ne »

Updated the OP with new information and better formatting since it's now a sticky. Thanks moderators :)
Montis

Post by Montis »

Unfortunately the Nexus won't sent me an activation email, so I can't properly log in and upload my stuff. Tried 3 times now, no clue why it doesn't like me (and yes, I checked all my spam folders).
When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice.

My completed dungeon (LoG1): Hypercube
Dark0ne

Post by Dark0ne »

If you let me know the username, or PM me the email addy you used I can verify the account for you. Some mail providers have marked the Nexus server as spam as it sends out about 8,000 activation emails a day. Not great, I know :(
SpacialKatana

Post by SpacialKatana »

I've just uploaded my mod "The End of You" to Nexus as well as SW, tho I'm not certain if non Steam versions of the game are patched up-to-date. Anyways, it's done DarkOne:)
Grimwold

Post by Grimwold »

Dark0ne wrote:If you let me know the username, or PM me the email addy you used I can verify the account for you. Some mail providers have marked the Nexus server as spam as it sends out about 8,000 activation emails a day. Not great, I know :(
I've had the same problem.. Tried to register for an account a couple of days ago and didn't receive an activation email. Username = Grimw0ld
Montis

Post by Montis »

Grimwold wrote:
Dark0ne wrote:If you let me know the username, or PM me the email addy you used I can verify the account for you. Some mail providers have marked the Nexus server as spam as it sends out about 8,000 activation emails a day. Not great, I know :(
I've had the same problem.. Tried to register for an account a couple of days ago and didn't receive an activation email. Username = Grimw0ld
you have to re-register since the account gets deleted if not verified after 24 hours.
When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice.

My completed dungeon (LoG1): Hypercube