Dungeon Editor Progress

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
dogtown1

Re: Dungeon Editor Progress

Post by dogtown1 »

holy cow Phitt, thats just way to cool man

flawless work dude
DarkRagnar

Post by DarkRagnar »

I thought I would show some initiative and make a steam group. I was actually a bit surprised not to see one dedicated to dungeon creation this close to its release. I will be very active and will appoint officers as I see fit. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LOGDE# I hope the group will grow into a driving force in the Grimrock Editor community.

This is a place where anyone interested in contributing to a map project or making their own can feel welcome. I know i'm going to need a lot of help myself! :D
I will be in the group chat room whenever I am available.
Thels

Post by Thels »

DarkRagnar wrote:I thought I would show some initiative and make a steam group. I was actually a bit surprised not to see one dedicated to dungeon creation this close to its release. I will be very active and will appoint officers as I see fit. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LOGDE# I hope the group will grow into a driving force in the Grimrock Editor community.

This is a place where anyone interested in contributing to a map project or making their own can feel welcome. I know i'm going to need a lot of help myself! :D
I will be in the group chat room whenever I am available.
LoG already has a discussion forum (this one) and an IRC channel. Why are you trying to set up a separate "steam only" community where only half the people are able to access? :|
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

Indeed. It's even getting its own nexus! To the abyss with drm.
Sanguismal

Post by Sanguismal »

To the abyss with nexus...
I use steam for games, like LOG, Skyrim and so on, and when a mod only were available on the nexus... *shudder* I didn't bother with that mod.
Simply put, I will not be going to any nexus page for LOG...

but, a steam comunity page?
well... better for me then one I would never visit... :S

and... this is only my opinion on the matter

so hard to wait for the editor...
ahwell, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
Thels

Post by Thels »

Sanguismal wrote:To the abyss with nexus...
I use steam for games, like LOG, Skyrim and so on, and when a mod only were available on the nexus... *shudder* I didn't bother with that mod.

Nexus is available to everyone. Steam only to steam users.

'nuff said.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

I'm a huge Steam fanboy, but I found the Nexus mod manager a lot more useful.
Billick

Post by Billick »

Well, if you really want a lot of people to play your map, just post it to both places. A lot of people will probably only use one or the other.
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!
Phitt

Post by Phitt »

Sanguismal wrote:To the abyss with nexus...

and... this is only my opinion on the matter
You don't use a mod only because it's not on Steam? Totally makes sense :roll: . Even more so since Skyrim mods on Steam are limited due to the way the auto upload works. Anyway, the problem with Steam is that they won't let you use anything unless you gave them your money. So those of us who didn't buy the game from Steam simply can't use the Workshop, even if we wanted to. This is not true for the Nexus sites. Steam users can download freely from Nexus whatever they want, just like anyone else. I have no idea why you jump in here (even with your first post) and make an extremely nonsensical and fanboyish 'I luv Steam, everything else suckz!1!!1' post. Don't want to participate in a pointless Steam love/hate 'discussion' (it's a matter of taste and perfectly fine to use or not use Steam of course), but posts like this bother me.
Thels

Post by Thels »

Billick wrote:Well, if you really want a lot of people to play your map, just post it to both places. A lot of people will probably only use one or the other.
The problem is that non-steam users cannot post it on both places, because they cannot post it on steam.

Having others post stuff on steam for you is not an option.

1) You have to be able to trust the user, know that he won't claim credit for the dungeon itself.

2) If you want to update it, but the user that uploaded it for you is no longer active, you cannot take the old version off.

There were plenty of problems with SC2 maps being uploaded on US and EU, to make me wary of this.