any chance of a random dungeon generator in the future?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
hansolo

any chance of a random dungeon generator in the future?

Post by hansolo »

hello everyone, first of all thanks a lot for this fmae, i love it, after dm this has become one of my fav games ever, and if you keep improving it the sky is the limit

anyway, any chance of a random dungeon generator, a lot more randomly generated loot, and the ability to keep using our party in the different dungeons?

thanks

also.....ps vita and ipad version....i would buy them both
Stamm

Re: any chance of a random dungeon generator in the future?

Post by Stamm »

Would random generated dungeon be more exciting than random generated symphony or novel?
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

I think you're confused. This is not a Diablo forum. Maybe your "lot more randomly generated loot" is in another castle?
kitty

Post by kitty »

Please do not ruin this game...
MASKOAA

Post by MASKOAA »

Random dungeon generator means really really crappy puzzles.
hansolo

Post by hansolo »

i still play dungeon hack today because of that feature, they can added it as they can also add a level editor for people to work on level and puzzles, if you dont like the random dungeon generator you dont have to use it, u can enjoy the game your way
LethalBlade

Post by LethalBlade »

How is a random dungeon generator going to create the great, challenging puzzles that make this game what it is? You do realize that such puzzles need to be individually hand crafted, right? Without those puzzles, this game wouldn't be much fun.
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Extreme scriptation kills replayability and extreme random dungeons kill the soul of a story and the quality of the maps.
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

But puzzles is another story. Puzzles must be hand made, otherwise the puzzle should be just "a key fit a door" type of puzzle.
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

For this type of game, were a random dungeon generator to be implemented, it would likely involve a large number of hand-made puzzles (or scripted variants of the same type of puzzles) that would then be randomly dropped within what would otherwise be a procedurally generated level.

I, for one, love the additional replayability that comes with a random dungeon generator and would love to see such a thing implemented, though I suspect this is something we can tackle on the modding side sometime further down the road if the developers are working on other features and/or other games.