Diablo 3

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
earthyearth

Diablo 3

Post by earthyearth »

Diablo 3 is pretty cool. Anyone here planning on playing it?

I tried the D3 Beta

There is a walkthrough for the game here:
Diablo 3 Walkthrough

Also the character stats system is pretty extensive, you can find a list here:
Diablo 3 Guide: Character Stats and Details

List of Random Dungeons:
Diablo III Random Dungeons
Last edited by earthyearth on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neoheresy

Re: Diablo 3

Post by Neoheresy »

Sure I do. However, the weekend open beta has proven that Diablo III wont't be a genre-redefining game, unlike the two previous installments were. It is a very solid hack'n'slash, now with styllistics aligned with other of Blizzard's IPs. Solid, very good and worth buying action RPG, but nothing more than that.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Undecided, I loved the original but oddly never really played the sequel, I tried Torchlight a few months back and hated it, got bored very quickly... Does this mean Diablo 3 won't be for me? :?

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

At least the promo rendered vids are awesome =)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Anton

Post by Anton »

I played the hell out of 1&2 some six hundred years ago, but this D3 game does not at all interest me. I put a few hours into the beta over the weekend and I have to say, I cannot remember being quite so disappointed in a game... they've been working on it for TEN YEARS? Ha! A no-go for me. :twisted:
Ganimoth

Post by Ganimoth »

Tried the beta.. and its kind of boring and oversimplified.
Razgadz

Post by Razgadz »

Tried Diablo 3 Beta - got bored after 30 mins and went back to Grimrock :D
Keefy

Post by Keefy »

I grew bored during the first 30 mins also. After a little perseverance however (since I was a huge fan of Diablo 2), I started to really enjoy the game, especially once I hit around lvl 8 and had crafting and extra skills to play around with. I also had much more fun with Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor as they were more tactical than the Monk that I tried at first. The main bugbear I had was that it was too easy, but I will definitely purchase once it comes out.
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

wasn't impressed by the beta at all, don't think much of the graphics or music, for a triple A game, they should have had better graphics, even path of exile and Grim Dawn looks way better then what D3 looks like

not impressed, found combat dull and boring and voice acting to be annoying, won't be getting this game

I rather wait for Grimdawn and TL2, but even TL2 has fallen off my radar for taking so damn long
maskedhobo

Post by maskedhobo »

I tried the beta and had fun, because I played a different character than I usually do. Will I be getting it, at some point maybe. I still have to beat Grimrock, Titan Quest, and several others, then in May, I will be playing Max Payne 3.
Gotta dungeon crawl before you can dungeon walk...