Custom portraits

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
DJK

Custom portraits

Post by DJK »

Ok, so usually Im quick on the uptake on things like this... I mean, I did my fair share of programming, scripting, modelling, web designing, hex editing etc... but I can't figure out how to use custom portraits.... I made a new directory in my grimrock folder and placed my tga's in there... game is not reading them nor is it giving me a "browse" option to get to them...

Im not sure how we are supposed to find out where to put the files.. I looked over the patchlog and all it says is "added custom portraits".... The only two things I can imagine is it's either in the c:\users directory somewhere (don't like it when games use my C drive as once in a while I wipe it clean for a reinstall while keeping all my data on my D...) OR the game expects me to place the pics in the root game folder... but that would seem really messy to me to have image files between the exe and whatnot... (why didn't they just add a clean new directory called "portraits" in your game folder ?.. seems most logical to me..)
DJK

Re: Custom portraits

Post by DJK »

Hmm so noone knows where to put the portraits ? :o
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

The custom portraits follow the dimensions 128x128 and are .tga files.

You drop them in:
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock\Portraits
From there you just start a new game and import them in.
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Anton

Post by Anton »

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock\Portraits
:o :shock: :o :lol:
DJK

Post by DJK »

Crashbanito wrote:The custom portraits follow the dimensions 128x128 and are .tga files.

You drop them in:
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock\Portraits
From there you just start a new game and import them in.
Ty.