am i crazy or is the compass broken?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
affa

Re: am i crazy or is the compass broken?

Post by affa »

jfunk wrote:
affa wrote: Holy crap, we're all doomed.

Seriously, we need to take a census and find out exactly what percentage of the human population doesn't actually understand what a compass does right now. If it's less than 50%, there's absolutely no reason not to launch all the nuclear weapons on Earth simultaneously and just get this whole charade over with.

Tragic.
To be fair, many, many games have 'compasses' on the side of the screen which point in the direction you're facing. So many of us are trained to expect a 'game compass' to point in the direction you're going vs. a 'true' compass which points north.
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh at this thread... or cry. Doubly sad that this is not the first time I've read about the compass being "broken" on these forums. :?
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

OK, apparently this is a common mistake. I will clear this up so hopefully no more children will die in the "wilderness" 1/2 mile from their homes when their parents make this mistake in the future.

"East" is not "Right". "West" in not "Left". The Earth is not a flat piece of paper that just coincidentally happens to have your region of birth near the middle.

Everybody able to get from work to home without their navigation system now?
Kthanid

Post by Kthanid »

jfunk wrote:"East" is not "Right". "West" in not "Left". The Earth is not a flat piece of paper that just coincidentally happens to have your region of birth near the middle.
The sound you heard was the countless pops of a million small minds being blown simultaneously. ;)
MASKOAA

Post by MASKOAA »

jfunk wrote:
MASKOAA wrote:Ya unless your playing no map mode a compass is useless.
I can't tell if this is more sad than the OP or not.
What do you mean? The compass is useless since the top of the map is always north.
affa

Post by affa »

jfunk wrote:OK, apparently this is a common mistake. I will clear this up so hopefully no more children will die in the "wilderness" 1/2 mile from their homes when their parents make this mistake in the future.

"East" is not "Right". "West" in not "Left". The Earth is not a flat piece of paper that just coincidentally happens to have your region of birth near the middle.

Everybody able to get from work to home without their navigation system now?
Are you just trolling at this point?