Calling Shenanigans on the 12 hour finish people

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
urughak

Calling Shenanigans on the 12 hour finish people

Post by urughak »

Seriously- I think the kiddos claiming to have done speedruns through this game in 12 hours out of the gate after release are full of shit. Number one, why would you? I mean i understand theres weirdos who think that this is somehow cool, but really? Two- no...huh uh....not all the figuring character skills, restarts, banging into the puzzles, and combat. Sorry no. Sure, I've been taking it easy and enjoying and restarted a few times from figuring out character/class stuff, but im 30ish hours in and on level 4 and 5. :lol:
Drax

Re: Calling Shenanigans on the 12 hour finish people

Post by Drax »

People play how they want. Some people want to rush, some like taking their time. As long as you're having fun, who cares?
Saice

Post by Saice »

at 13 and a half hours total play time on my 1st play through I do not see it as far fetched people are already doing 3rd and 4th play through speed runs and the such.

I don't feel like a rushed at all I found most of the secrets and the such even spent a small amount of time grinding to top off food and get one of my guys to level that was close on level 9.

Not saying your 30 hours play time is bad or anything but I don't see 12 hours as being any sort of speed run.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

I'm at 13.5 hours on level 12. And I went for quite a few secrets. 12 hours to finish if you didn't care about secrets sounds very viable.

All up to the person as to how they wanna play.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

I did it in eleven hours, but the game doesn't count reloads and stuff like that, so I probably spent 20 or more hours playing.
urughak

Post by urughak »

ha! seeing this thread- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1028

please dont think im ridiculing. i dont mean it that way. if you guys can actually do this, ok... guess im sorta impressed. i still dont get it, why youd want to shrivel the awesomeness down to such a slight number (for some kindof interwebz fame?). but good for you. Still have a hard time believing it but I saw the numbers, and im guessing its probably a bit easy to call some phony's bluff of these things. guess your minds grind alot faster drinking all that redbull and all... ;)

***EDIT***

did you guys use walkthroughs and such or actually figure it all out on your own?
Last edited by urughak on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drax

Post by Drax »

urughak wrote:ha! seeing this thread- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1028
It's because there's an achievement for quickly doing the first level.
urughak

Post by urughak »

Drax wrote:
ah ok- I see. Never thought id get achievements but have been seeing a bit of the pull lately. Interesting.
er wait- first level? thought was for whole thing- why else do speedrun of entire darn thing?
Drax

Post by Drax »

urughak wrote:
Drax wrote:
ah ok- I see. Never thought id get achievements but have been seeing a bit of the pull lately. Interesting.
er wait- first level? thought was for whole thing- why else do speedrun of entire darn thing?
For fun? Some people like that kinda thing.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

achievements are like drugs