DLC

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Hotcakes

Re: DLC

Post by Hotcakes »

petri wrote:If by DLC you mean a new dungeon that you can buy from us, it depends on whether people want this or not. So far the consensus seems to be that DLCs are evil (for some reason unknown to me). Maybe we should have a poll about this...
I would be perfectly happy buying equivalent or larger campaigns for less than the cost of the game. In fact I want more content ASAP, please. :) Of course at this point I think the best way for me to get that would be via the level editor.
Sabatasso

Post by Sabatasso »

petri wrote:If by DLC you mean a new dungeon that you can buy from us, it depends on whether people want this or not. So far the consensus seems to be that DLCs are evil (for some reason unknown to me). Maybe we should have a poll about this...
It depends, an entirely new dungeon as DLC that offers at least the same length as the original could be justified in my opinion.
I think the editor should be free, though, if it's released. This engine is literally begging for DM, EOB and similar remakes, and no offense, but that's what I really look forward to.
Mr.Monopoly

Post by Mr.Monopoly »

A dlc wouldn't be to bad in these circumstances i don't think, considering it doesn't affect other peoples game play, or have an advantage in anyway over other people. If it's just added content (a new dungeon) and people don't have to get it because there friends got it and now have an advantage over him in some way, then it will be fine.
ExecutiveMonstah

Post by ExecutiveMonstah »

I'd like to add my support for this one. I bought Legend of Grimrock yesterday and finished it this morning and I'm very much interested in continuing the experience.
I'd gladly pay for some new dungeons, enemies and tile sets. The latter I'd be even more interested in when the map editor is released.

Edit: Map editors are usually released free for a reason. Essentially you're getting a team of thousands of level designers and coders to expand your product at no cost to yourself, thereby making said product more attractive to the consumer.
If it came down to it though, I'd probably pay for a map editor if that was the way it was going to be, but for that I'd certainly expect built in tutorials a user friendly interface and technical support. Maybe I'm in the minority for that one though.
tarasis

Post by tarasis »

I'd gladly buy DLC for this game, more dungeoneering please!
Zorglub

Post by Zorglub »

I would buy it for sure.

A new dungeon, say one or two new classes (with new skills), more items and monsters, one or two new wall textures and a couple of spells.

The engine is fine, just bring more content!
Saice

Post by Saice »

I look forward to the editor I honestly feel the Modding community for this will be epic.

That I would straight up murder someone for a random dungeon generator for this game.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Crash

Post by Crash »

If you will sell new dungeons as DLC, I will buy them as fast as you can release them. If new spells, wallset, or a monster or two were added with each expansion, even better.

Otherwise, just call the next dungeon LoG2 ;)
Crash

Post by Crash »

Phranx wrote: Call it DLC, Expansion, whatever. I feel like I at least owe you another $18 for Grimrock :)
+1
Batty

Post by Batty »

I'll pay for some DLC, I'd pay for a good editor.

I'm getting waaaayy more fun from this game than the $11.99 pre-order price.