Solo game

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
skurg

Solo game

Post by skurg »

Why it is not possible to play solo - 1 character party?
Kubouch

Re: Solo game

Post by Kubouch »

According to the lore all 4 prisoners are bound together by chains. That's because they have to move everywhere together.
However, you can somehow kill 3 of your party members and then play with just one character.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

A dev has stated explicitly that there is a way to play solo. Too bad we haven't figured out how to do that yet. :?
Drax

Post by Drax »

Curunir wrote:A dev has stated explicitly that there is a way to play solo. Too bad we haven't figured out how to do that yet. :?
Kill off all your party members. Never use crystals :-D
Perdurabo

Post by Perdurabo »

I'm also very curious about playing LoG with a single character. Juho from Almost Human posted that it is in fact possible to play with a party of one without killing off the rest.
Zola

Post by Zola »

Suggestion: "Find a Lockpick, free yourself while the others rest and run away leaving them alone"

If there is any other way I would love to know~ :P
Professor Paul1290

Post by Professor Paul1290 »

I haven't tried this, but could you create a party with only one member in it?

I haven't tried doing that so I'm not sure if it stops you if you don't create four party members, but the character creation window had you "adding" members to the party so it looked like you could simply not add the other three.
BINARYGOD

Post by BINARYGOD »

Professor Paul1290 wrote:I haven't tried this, but could you create a party with only one member in it?

I haven't tried doing that so I'm not sure if it stops you if you don't create four party members, but the character creation window had you "adding" members to the party so it looked like you could simply not add the other three.
The "Start" button is disabled until you add the fourth party member, regardless if your finished customizing them...

So I do wonder, how do you play solo without the other three dying off eventually?
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

That's the thing, noone knows yet.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

I don't see how could you solo this game, it would be pretty impossible even on normal probably.