[Beta] Grimrock 2 Randomizer

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
7Soul

Re: [Beta] Grimrock 2 Randomizer

Post by 7Soul »

2498billb wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:15 pm
Nathaniel wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:09 pm
Alright I think I fixed it this time (version 1.6.6)

I still might be able to save your current save file. If you're able to load your current save, you can paste this fix in the console:

Code: Select all

spores_timer.timer:removeConnector("onActivate", "spores", "tick"); spores:destroy(); spores_door.door:open()
Do it after you've done killing the boss, because this will stop the boss from functioning, but it should stop the save crash from happening
Join the LoG discord server: https://discord.gg/ArgAgNN :D

My Mods
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

7Soul wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:13 pm Do it after you've done killing the boss, because this will stop the boss from functioning, but it should stop the save crash from happening
Is there any way to avoid using the console altogether? I've already tried to insert these lines into the code, I've even tried to make a reaction to a trigger (a certain tile that the player steps on) so that these operations are performed automatically... No use, it crashes when trying to start a new game... Or I simply do not know how to write lua-scripts correctly.

The only solution that worked for me was to trivially disable "spores_timer" altogether...
And by the way, here's a question... Is it possible to simply disable the generation of random monsters in this location and just write there the original code from LoG II?
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

Nathaniel wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:24 pm And by the way, here's a question... Is it possible to simply disable the generation of random monsters in this location and just write there the original code from LoG II?
I could do that, but the current version already works fine for new players. I can't fix for existing save files from 1.6.5 and before, the only fix for those saves is to use the console

This is why I'm making a new randomizer with UMod, with a regular dungeon mod whenever there's a bug you're just screwed, but with UMod you can fix the bugs and the save file will still work
Join the LoG discord server: https://discord.gg/ArgAgNN :D

My Mods
Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Anyway, I finished my "want" a bit on my own... I added a scroll with the spell "Frostbolt" that was missing for so long. Unfortunately, I don't know how to randomise its location, so I have this scroll in a predetermined place.
I apologise if I'm being redundant, but it's been missing from the original game for a long time. The thing is that I play on the principle that I can't cast a spell until I find the right scroll.
You can download my version here. I will be glad if the author will tell me how to make it so that this particular scroll appears in a random place.
Legend of Grimrock 1.3.7
Legend of Grimrock II 2.2.4