Is it possible to debuild a mod file ???

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Khollik

Is it possible to debuild a mod file ???

Post by Khollik »

Hello all

I'm afraid I already know the answer :cry: but... is it possible to "debuild" a mod file??

I've created two mods for Grimrock2 some time ago, the files are still available on Nexus Forum. Unfortunately, I can't find the original files for the Grimrock Editor on my computer. I must have lost them in changing hard drive or machine. I wondered if there was any way to recover my file from the build.

Khollik
minmay

Re: Is it possible to debuild a mod file ???

Post by minmay »

Sure. It's easier to do than it is to explain, so I've just PMed you the extracted files from the latest versions of the two dungeons.

You can't extract files from a .dat file that were never put into it in the first place, of course, so this will only include files that ended in .lua, .model, .dds, .animation, .wav, .ogg, or .ivf. The dungeon editor doesn't export files that have different extensions.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Khollik

Re: Is it possible to debuild a mod file ???

Post by Khollik »

AWESOME! Thanks a lot Minmay. I've just downloaded the files and imported them in the dungeon editor, both seem to work fine. Now I just have to remember how to script in lua :D :D

Thanks again
Khollik