[MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
ene

Re: [MOD] Call Of House Hardabar

Post by ene »

i didn't return to the shaman yet though (between 3-4 crash in a row attempting saving, it's actually not easy to progress :| )

I need to check back both the shaman and the king now. Maybe the shaman will give me some more tips regarding the altar (hopefully)
knr

Post by knr »

For the riddle,
SpoilerShow
lightning bolt didn't work for me, but a greater lightning bomb did. Maybe the aoe reached the trigger where the bolt didn't.
Left obanyon for now with only 2 unsolved questions.
SpoilerShow
Where is a 3rd bomb, found and placed 2, but the remote seems to want all 3 placed. And where is the tomb key?
What to do with with the scroll after "?" (never would have examined that chest close enough to find that secret without help)seemed quite clear, only after
SpoilerShow
I translated enough runes to realize it's just lorem ipsum. :D
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

knr wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:26 pm What to do with with the scroll after "?" (never would have examined that chest close enough to find that secret without help)seemed quite clear, only after
SpoilerShow
I've done the same (translated the scroll myself :lol: ) before asking a certain NPC for help.
SpoilerShow
This NPC is quite knowledgeable about books.
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

I am currently fighting with that fallen guard the way riddle, am I right when guessing that
SpoilerShow
the tombstones beside the ladder must show two identical names
?
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

marten_1992 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:14 am I am currently fighting with that fallen guard the way riddle, am I right when guessing that
SpoilerShow
the tombstones beside the ladder must show two identical names
?
Yes.

knr wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:26 pm For the riddle,
SpoilerShow
lightning bolt didn't work for me, but a greater lightning bomb did. Maybe the aoe reached the trigger where the bolt didn't.
Left obanyon for now with only 2 unsolved questions.
SpoilerShow
Where is a 3rd bomb, found and placed 2, but the remote seems to want all 3 placed. And where is the tomb key?
What to do with with the scroll after "?" (never would have examined that chest close enough to find that secret without help)seemed quite clear, only after
SpoilerShow
That's strange, it is configured for a greater lightning bolt, must check again.

Edit: did you try to cast a lightning bolt from the rune panel or from an item?
It worked for me with a lightning bolt, with an imported party within the mod.
Maybe I will put an alcove to place any lightning bomb.

Yes, you need 3 bombs, one must be placed on each cave in. After that, the emote will work.
Well, there is one in the generator area.
The 2nd is in the veery northern part of obanyon level 2.
The last is in a corridor, in the level 2, southern part. The way to reach it, is to pass the tresures vaults, then head south, follow the way and always get left, until you got a stairs down.

There is no need to try to translate this, it doesn't mean anything. That's a quest trigger, for the right person to translate it.
ene wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:08 pm i didn't return to the shaman yet though (between 3-4 crash in a row attempting saving, it's actually not easy to progress :| )

I need to check back both the shaman and the king now. Maybe the shaman will give me some more tips regarding the altar (hopefully)
About the save crash, this will get better in the next version, until then, you got probably 2k-3k objects from fireball_blast or poison_bolt_blast from goromorg and ugguardian, that are always saved.

Was answering something else, but, as you wrote, you did not yet return to the shaman for the sacred grove quest?
That explain why it don't work.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:12 am About the save crash, this will get better in the next version, until then, you got probably 2k-3k objects from fireball_blast or poison_bolt_blast from goromorg and ugguardian, that are always saved.
Could the player destroy these objects with a console script?
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:12 am
bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:12 am About the save crash, this will get better in the next version, until then, you got probably 2k-3k objects from fireball_blast or poison_bolt_blast from goromorg and ugguardian, that are always saved.
Could the player destroy these objects with a console script?
You can try

Code: Select all

for j=1,Dungeon.getMaxLevels() do local map=Dungeon.getMap(j) for i in map:allEntities() do if string.match(i.name,"blast") then i:destroy() end end end
for j=1,Dungeon.getMaxLevels() do local map=Dungeon.getMap(j) for i in map:allEntities() do if string.match(i.name,"burst") then i:destroy() end end end
I cleaned my savegame regularly with this and could play to the end. I would advise to create a new save after entering these two lines into the console and not overwrite any existing savegames - just to be on the safe side. I also sold many books and many items to make my inventory manageable.
ene

Post by ene »

i feel like the problem is more serious regarding my situation. It's not just about the saves. I mean now i get some random crashes when crossing (by walk) several maps in a row - it seriously limits my freedom of movements. Playing in these condition become almost impossible.

i'll be tempted to try banoroa'script but due to this new error, I kind of get discouraged.

Don't think i gonna continue like this for very long :roll:
bongobeat wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:12 am Was answering something else, but, as you wrote, you did not yet return to the shaman for the sacred grove quest?
That explain why it don't work.
yeah was that simple, it just that i kind of lost the focus, game-wise. I'm currently in Iron Temple, but progress is very slow
knr

Post by knr »

It's all the same error, the game running out of memory. Changing many maps in row is also more likely to lead to crashes on saves.

Don't know how much the script would help, I tried it on my save and it shaved like 30KB out of 4200.
Edit: Also tried counting the blasts, and my save has only 656 blasts and 12 bursts:

Code: Select all

local cnt=0 for j=1,Dungeon.getMaxLevels() do local map=Dungeon.getMap(j) for i in map:allEntities() do if string.match(i.name,"blast") then cnt=cnt+1 end end end print(cnt)
knr

Post by knr »

Only missing a handful of things before the barrier.

1. Most importantly, I'm not sure I've found the teleporter back the priest talks about. There was a room that might be it, but it looked inactive.

2. The secret at the end of the endless corridor. I noticed the socket accepts any item, but no clue what to put there.

3. The riddle under the Xaafi temple.
SpoilerShow
My best guess was bombs or firearms/ammo, but nothing I tried worked.
The others are things that probably require something from beyond the barrier (or the 2nd secret):
SpoilerShow
The last moon gem, what to do with my 2 aegis gems, a forge for the moonlight greatsword, how to take the sword from the kings tomb, a use for the lightning core, a way into the soul testing chamber.