[MOD] Journey To Justice v2.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
THOM

Re: [MOD] Journey To Justice v2.1

Post by THOM »

About your questions:
SpoilerShow
You are right, all four directions are meant, still no need of a compass in that riddle. But: Eyes open - the concept of a compass may help you here in another way.

1) you have to hit the floorplates - with what is unimportrant (but which one when IS important)
2) there is a hidden button in that room - mind the tying equipment
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by ilovemazes99 »

Regarding my prior questions:

1)Your answer is very interesting, because I was getting super frustrated being unable to figure out what would work given your answer, and was ready to give up when I by luck came upon one item that I hadn't tried, that worked. Not sure why or what was so special about it.

2)Very well hidden....if only i had the eye earlier :-)

I very much enjoyed the orange gem puzzle.

I moved on to the gardens, my last hub area from the laboratory, and think I'm pretty much done with it. Few questions about the gardens and a bunch on the laboratory:
SpoilerShow
In each of the 5 sections of the garden, there was a pedestal. Was there something to do with these?

Also, regarding digging up the quartz stones, I figured from the wall plaque and the fact that I fought 3 roots that I was looking for three of them. Was there a hint as to where to dig because I ended up just digging blindly and getting stuck with the poison each time I was wrong?

Will I be returning to the laboratory after the forest? My understanding from the forum is that I will cycle to 4 or 5 places before getting back. Is this indeed what happens?

I tried making the evs potion by placing a speed potion and an energy potion (I only have the bigger ones) in the big green vat and then used an empty flask to scoop some out. I kept coming out with a poignant potion. Am I doing something wrong?

I seem to keep picking up a ton of the black bomb powder, but only have 1 empty bomb shell. Why is there so much powder?

Opposite the shock chamber, there looks like a receiver and 2 sets of runes in niches on the wall, what is this for?

Update: I figured how to release the symbols, do these have to go on the pedestals in the middle area with the essences to unlock that forcefield on the far end (would answer the next question)?

In the middle area, on the side opposite the teleporter to the dark forest, there looks like some sort of translucent object sitting on a pedestal within a forcefield of some sort. What is this for?

Am I supposed to be able to get the other essences by now? I have the water, and used the balance in the wizardry archive.

I have 20 secrets so far. I think I read that I could technically have 21 by this point. Do you have a list of how many secrets are in each area?
Thank you so much! I'm having a ton of fun.
poqwer11

Post by poqwer11 »

thom hello!!
I wonder if there is a technical possibility to make the inscriptions at the bottom of the screen larger and maybe even colored ???
This does not apply specifically to your project (although it would not be bad), but in principle to the whole Grimrock!!
THOM

Post by THOM »

I was also thinking about that, but I'm not aware of a possibility to do that.

Post by ilovemazes99 »

By the witch:
SpoilerShow
Is the Tome of Memories a real thing? If so, where do I find a slug egg?
THOM

Post by THOM »

Hey ilovemazes99 - you seem to make progress! 8-)
SpoilerShow
Oh, yes - the Tome of Memories is a real thing.

About a slug egg - mmmh. It's really not easy to get one. Maybe you were able to catch one very early in the game in the Cellar level. Even this would have been not an easy task.

If not, then there is one single possibility later in the game. But only for attentive people.

If you ask, how this is possible - wait and see...
THOM

Post by THOM »

Sorry, ilovemazes99, I havn't seen that you have posted some other questions on 18 Sep 2022. I was on a holiday trip then and must have overseen it the next time I visited the forum.

But here are the answers to your questions:
SpoilerShow
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amIn each of the 5 sections of the garden, there was a pedestal. Was there something to do with these?
Yes. You can "share some wealth In the moment of triumph."
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amAlso, regarding digging up the quartz stones, I figured from the wall plaque and the fact that I fought 3 roots that I was looking for three of them. Was there a hint as to where to dig because I ended up just digging blindly and getting stuck with the poison each time I was wrong?
Sure there is a hint. "The tree gives sometimes a day a gentle stroke."
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amWill I be returning to the laboratory after the forest? My understanding from the forum is that I will cycle to 4 or 5 places before getting back. Is this indeed what happens?
Maybe... :)
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amI tried making the evs potion by placing a speed potion and an energy potion (I only have the bigger ones) in the big green vat and then used an empty flask to scoop some out. I kept coming out with a poignant potion. Am I doing something wrong?
Oh, you cannot make a small potion anymore? I havn't considered that. Sorry...
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amI seem to keep picking up a ton of the black bomb powder, but only have 1 empty bomb shell. Why is there so much powder?
There is more than one bomb capsule in the game...
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amOpposite the shock chamber, there looks like a receiver and 2 sets of runes in niches on the wall, what is this for?
In the Laboratory? They are for a puzzle. Quite complex and not easy to solve. But you will probably have all needed hints already...
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amUpdate: I figured how to release the symbols, do these have to go on the pedestals in the middle area with the essences to unlock that forcefield on the far end (would answer the next question)?
No need of essences here.
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amIn the middle area, on the side opposite the teleporter to the dark forest, there looks like some sort of translucent object sitting on a pedestal within a forcefield of some sort. What is this for?
You seem to be on a good way to get it.
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amAm I supposed to be able to get the other essences by now? I have the water, and used the balance in the wizardry archive.
There is a possibillity that you get also other essences - yes. But they are not needed at the point where you seem to be right now.
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amI have 20 secrets so far. I think I read that I could technically have 21 by this point. Do you have a list of how many secrets are in each area?
I have put a list on the second post of this thread with the number of secrets per level.
Mind that this list contains spoilers about what is coming.

Post by ilovemazes99 »

THOM wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:36 pm Sorry, ilovemazes99, I havn't seen that you have posted some other questions on 18 Sep 2022. I was on a holiday trip then and must have overseen it the next time I visited the forum.

But here are the answers to your questions:
SpoilerShow
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amIn each of the 5 sections of the garden, there was a pedestal. Was there something to do with these?
Yes. You can "share some wealth In the moment of triumph."
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amAlso, regarding digging up the quartz stones, I figured from the wall plaque and the fact that I fought 3 roots that I was looking for three of them. Was there a hint as to where to dig because I ended up just digging blindly and getting stuck with the poison each time I was wrong?
Sure there is a hint. "The tree gives sometimes a day a gentle stroke."
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amWill I be returning to the laboratory after the forest? My understanding from the forum is that I will cycle to 4 or 5 places before getting back. Is this indeed what happens?
Maybe... :)
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amI tried making the evs potion by placing a speed potion and an energy potion (I only have the bigger ones) in the big green vat and then used an empty flask to scoop some out. I kept coming out with a poignant potion. Am I doing something wrong?
Oh, you cannot make a small potion anymore? I havn't considered that. Sorry...
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amI seem to keep picking up a ton of the black bomb powder, but only have 1 empty bomb shell. Why is there so much powder?
There is more than one bomb capsule in the game...
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amOpposite the shock chamber, there looks like a receiver and 2 sets of runes in niches on the wall, what is this for?
In the Laboratory? They are for a puzzle. Quite complex and not easy to solve. But you will probably have all needed hints already...
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amUpdate: I figured how to release the symbols, do these have to go on the pedestals in the middle area with the essences to unlock that forcefield on the far end (would answer the next question)?
No need of essences here.
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amIn the middle area, on the side opposite the teleporter to the dark forest, there looks like some sort of translucent object sitting on a pedestal within a forcefield of some sort. What is this for?
You seem to be on a good way to get it.
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amAm I supposed to be able to get the other essences by now? I have the water, and used the balance in the wizardry archive.
There is a possibillity that you get also other essences - yes. But they are not needed at the point where you seem to be right now.
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:25 amI have 20 secrets so far. I think I read that I could technically have 21 by this point. Do you have a list of how many secrets are in each area?
I have put a list on the second post of this thread with the number of secrets per level.
Mind that this list contains spoilers about what is coming.
SpoilerShow
In the gardens, your hint for the pedestals was, "share some wealth In the moment of triumph"

Is this a secret? I had 20 secrets before going to the forest, so I think I'm just missing this one, if it is a secret. Can I still get it even if it's not in the moment of triumph anymore? I tried putting different things on the pedestals (silver coins, the scrolls of the respective animal, and can't seem to trigger anything. What am I missing?

I went back to the tree/quartz stone area, and only noticed now what the hint was telling. Very well done!

I found the way back to the laboratory from the mine. I went before finishing the mine and acquiring a blue gem in the mine, so now I don't have a blue gem, to go back to the forest. What do I do now? Will the blue gem be back in the forest, castle, swamp, wargland, mine, etc?

Edit: Just got it back in the archive of wizardry from the skull guy in a black cloak.

I still can't figure out the anvil puzzle in the mine, I've dug everywhere. I oracled a secret in there, but have no idea how to get it. What am I missing?

Last but not least, are those mushroom pedestals for the essences? I think so far I've seen one in the swamp and wargland (which I'm thinking are for earth and water, maybe there is one in the mine for fire that I haven't come across yet, and I see something in the forum about a mountain, may be for the air ( but I haven't been there yet)
Thank you so much for your help!
THOM

Post by THOM »

Okay, some more answers:
SpoilerShow
ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:35 am In the gardens, your hint for the pedestals was, "share some wealth In the moment of triumph" Is this a secret? I had 20 secrets before going to the forest, so I think I'm just missing this one, if it is a secret.
Can't look it up right now, but I'm pretty sure it's no secret.

ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:35 am Can I still get it even if it's not in the moment of triumph anymore? I tried putting different things on the pedestals (silver coins, the scrolls of the respective animal, and can't seem to trigger anything. What am I missing?
SpoilerShow
You've missed a snail...

ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:35 am I still can't figure out the anvil puzzle in the mine, I've dug everywhere. I oracled a secret in there, but have no idea how to get it. What am I missing?
Well, you are looking for the one anvil, that is different from the others. That one will point to the right direction.
SpoilerShow
Listen to the anvils...

ilovemazes99 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:35 am Last but not least, are those mushroom pedestals for the essences?
SpoilerShow
try it... :D (but make the right decision)

Post by ilovemazes99 »

One more question about a secret in the forest (I'm a bit of a completionist):
SpoilerShow
I've oracled a secret somewhere in that inner area between the crystal shard and the area where the ogres are. I have no clues as to what it might be or how to find it. Do you have any further hints for it?
Thanks.