Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
THOM

Re: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Post by THOM »

@Isaac, @minmay - thanks for your answers. And it helped. My model had of course a gate node (not a door node, as I mentioned before incorrectly), but is was the wrong one. I changed that and now it works.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by Scantrahan »

Isaac wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:36 am Welcome!

The GMT will export the model as an OBJ file, but there is a very good Blender plugin here that will import the .model files directly.

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic ... 6&p=122300

*Note!! This plugin requires an older version of Blender to work; you need version Blender 2.72 —or it will mangle the mesh.

https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.72/

You can have more than one version of Blender installed; just have them in different folders.
Cheers, if the GMT exported files won't work, I will use an older blender with the plugin, thanks!
ratman

Post by ratman »

Hello, I don't think that the 'pushable_blocks' are working correctly in my mod... Firstly, they are activated always, even if they are on a deactivated 'pushable_block_floor', or 'pushable_block_floor_trigger'. Secondly, I can push them onto deactivated pushable block floors. I am using a lot of 3rd party assets from the community, but I cant find anywhere that redefines the block, or any of the floors. Thanks.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

ratman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:20 pm Hello, I don't think that the 'pushable_blocks' are working correctly in my mod... Firstly, they are activated always, even if they are on a deactivated 'pushable_block_floor', or 'pushable_block_floor_trigger'. Secondly, I can push them onto deactivated pushable block floors. I am using a lot of 3rd party assets from the community, but I cant find anywhere that redefines the block, or any of the floors. Thanks.
If you e-mail the dungeon editor files to me, I'll take a look at the problem.

edit:
Or better, upload them to something like Dropbox and PM me the link.
If your mod is too large, my mail provider will reject it.
ratman

Post by ratman »

Never mind, it was because I had the puzzle on multiple elevations, so they were on top of each other and it appears that that causes a problem. Thanks for offering though.
IttaBitta

Post by IttaBitta »

So how DO I add modded assets to my custom dungeon?
ratman

Post by ratman »

Do you mean 3rd party modded assets from the community, or ones you created yourself? If ones you created yourself then what type of asset? (item, monster, object with animation, or object without animation)
And if ones from the community they should probably say how to add them in the Readme file.
IttaBitta

Post by IttaBitta »

3rd party, and VERY few of them actually do :I
ratman

Post by ratman »

Okay then does it have an init.lua file? If so, open the init file in your own mod and type in:

Code: Select all

import "mod_assets/filename/init.lua
Change 'filename' to the name of the mod.
If there isn't an init.lua, then which asset pack is it? I will see if I can take a look at it.
IttaBitta

Post by IttaBitta »

thanks! now my next question(I feel like a I may frequent here for a while :V):
in the teleporter we have x y and l, self explanatory
what's e? is it direction because I could really use that