Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
akroma222

Re: Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Post by akroma222 »

Hey All,
Q - does anyone have the correct vanilla math for the damage taken from the poison condition??
Akroma
minmay

Post by minmay »

Every 7, 8, or 9 seconds (chosen randomly with equal probability each time), the champion takes between 3 to 9 poison damage (again, randomly chosen integer with equal probability).
It also prevents health regeneration, is removed when the champion dies, and cannot be inflicted on a champion with 100 poison resistance.
Their portrait is also tinted green in the lower right panels, but not in the large character sheet.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

minmay wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:01 am Every 7, 8, or 9 seconds (chosen randomly with equal probability each time), the champion takes between 3 to 9 poison damage (again, randomly chosen integer with equal probability).
Thank you sir! :D
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

is that possible to make the name of some items in another color than white?
Like epic items, who shows item name in yellow.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Let's say a certain big mod has many enemies that drop a lot of items. All these items are being hoarded in 1 central spot/room. we're talking about a lot of items. 100+ weapons, 100+ armors, various other objects etc...

They simply keep piling up. Would this affect the save/load time considerably?
Since

1. You have moved them away from their original spot and dropped them in a room in sacks, boxes or just haphazardly all over the room in piles.
2. They have been dropped by enemies by default drop rates. (long swords from the undead knights for example)

And let's say you finally come to a shop many hours later where you finally "sell" these items by a simple "destroy" command.

Will that then lower the save/load time again measureably?
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

need help on a special thing, don't know how to do that:

I want a special item, let's say a sword (like the powergem stand - the one you click and you receive a powergem), and when you click on it, it first check if one of the champions has enough strength, make that 30 STR, if not, you cannot take the sword, if yes, the sword(stand) is destroyed and you take a sword(item) in the mouseitem

It's like excalibur (was it excalibur?) who was put in a stone, and only the king could take it out.

Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Are you looking for just the script, or the assets as well? How is it presented to the player?
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

bongobeat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:50 pm need help on a special thing, don't know how to do that:

I want a special item, let's say a sword (like the powergem stand - the one you click and you receive a powergem), and when you click on it, it first check if one of the champions has enough strength, make that 30 STR, if not, you cannot take the sword, if yes, the sword(stand) is destroyed and you take a sword(item) in the mouseitem

It's like excalibur (was it excalibur?) who was put in a stone, and only the king could take it out.
Like Isaac, I'm wondering what help you need that can't already be found in the asset pack
assets/scripts/items/misc.lua
power_gem_item
power_gem
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Isaac wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:37 pm Are you looking for just the script, or the assets as well? How is it presented to the player?
I'm looking for the script.

bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:57 am
bongobeat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:50 pm need help on a special thing, don't know how to do that:

Like Isaac, I'm wondering what help you need that can't already be found in the asset pack
assets/scripts/items/misc.lua
power_gem_item
power_gem
it's not about the item or something like doing a stand like the power gem object, it's the script to detect if one party member has enough of one stat to pick up a sword.