Escape from Nightmare

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Khollik

Re: Escape from Nightmare

Post by Khollik »

Hello ;)

For the Foundry malfunction, I suppose you found the note which explains the "emergency protocole"? Here is the solution:
SpoilerShow
Hydraulic control valve down
Gaz compressor up
Deoxydation process down
Thermic exchange generator up
Ignifuge injection up
Micro-pulse timer up
For the 5 missing secrets, Yes I guess the rats are one of them.
Did you get the flamethrower?
Also, there is a chest to dig in the Gardens of Madness, along with two other secrets. One is easy (lever/secret door). The second one is less obvious, it is about lighting the lanterns in the right order...
In the Power Plant, did you understand the hint "He watches your back" ? Unfortunately, once the power plant destroyed, you won't be able to solve this one.

Cheers
Khollik
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Hey there...

Oh the Garden is the one that transitions after taking the skeleton? Or before hand?
SpoilerShow
And for pure fire I mean I am at the last gateway home but need to cure myself. There is an altar I can place things on and pull a lever. Not sure what to put there...
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hey, so close to the end!

I give you the recipe for the cure, one bottle each :mrgreen:
SpoilerShow
fungus ; essence of fire ; potion of will power ; calcite
In case you're wandering how you're supposed to know that, there were a few clues during your journey into nightmare.
SpoilerShow
In the Catacombs, there is a note talking about life and death and how to create a vaccine with the virus basis. If you read the note found in the acolyte's backroom, you should at the end of your travel be able to guess that the strange fungus is the basis.
If you manage to turn off the Foundry, the pure fire should be obvious.
In the first room of the Library, there is a letter debriefing an experiment, and talking about strenghtening will power to get patients resistant to the virus.
And lastly the calcite can be found as an "emergency supply" in the pit area. At this point, I thought players would just guess its use... but maybe not :shock: Maybe I should add a hint in a further version.
Also, yes, the Gardens of Madness is the first garden area east from the Haunted Rooms. It's the one with the red flies, the pond etc.

Cheers
Khollik
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

I don't know how to get to the chapel, or to identify it if I get there. I saw your post about enchanting the ceremonial sword, but have not identified the pentacle. The white wraiths I have seen, and even have one locked up behind the two gates that lead to an altar. I would expect that the floor with the design should be somewhere here, since the wraiths don't leave the area, but I have not found it. Help?
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello Gylippos

It's easy (if you don't play old school mode): it's an outdoor level named "The Old Chapel". From what you tell, I think you reached it. Look closely at the floor, they are tiles which form a large pentacle. At the center, some of the tiles are different. This is where you should perform the first step of the ritual.

Have fun with the following ;)

Cheers
Khollik
gylippos

Post by gylippos »

No. I'm afraid that the only surface areas I've found have been the maze of it and the gardens of madness that led there. I have not found the way to the old chapel.
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Ah OK then you should check the "Laboratories" level upstairs from the Cells. North part of the map, there is a room with four altars. You have to collect different items here to open the door.

Solution
SpoilerShow
skeleton figurine (Acolyte's room) ; hat of the Leprechaun (Asylum) ; ice guardian figurine (fire experimentation room) ; meteorite (storage room)
Cheers
Khollik
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

Hey guys,
I'm in the "Garden of It" and opened the gate. There is an empty pedestal there and nothing else it seems.
Do I need to put something special on the pedestal? I tried to put several items there but it doesn't work.
Or do I have to destroy the pedestal somehow?
Cheers,
Banaora
[Edit] Solved it.
SpoilerShow
Where did the teleporter come from?
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello Banaora, well done it seems that my message is coming too late to be useful ;)

The teleporter is activated as soon as you enter the right combination with the levers.

Cheers
Khollik
billb52

Post by billb52 »

Hi Khollik Am enjoying your mod and I am stuck in a few places:
1. Level Trapped, I cannot find the ornate key to open door north of the map
2. Do not know what to do to access the Armoury
3. Cannot find the gold key for the door to the east of the map
4. In the Library - I have found 3 of the green gems needed stuck on the fourth, and I have also found the strange egg
but have not a clue what to do with it, I think it has something to do with the dragon statues , I have tried to put it on the altar and pulled the chain to no avail cannot fathom out the dragons by the note i found please help!
5. do not know how to close the trapdoor leading from the block puzzle, have done the blobs to both receptors and opened the door and access to the tome of knowledge but still the trapdoor not closing?
Hope you can help with the above questions so I can carry on with your amazing mod.