Dirt Cave

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bongobeat

Re: Dirt Cave

Post by bongobeat »

Minmay has done a floor pudlle in the dm conversion, called dm_floor_puddle, maybe you can look at this one to see how it has been done.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

A very quick tryout I started today....
Cyclopean Hallway startup design I am working on. Will be used in my mod
(will tweak it for more variation, the floors are to clean ...for instance..need more beams and fallen stones, etc)

QUESTION: I am using the dungeon wall/ceiling/floor --- occluders , so far I think that is correct.. or should I design new ones for this setup? ... for the ceiling I am using the catacomb occluder

Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Instead of designing new stuff, just experiment with other people's assets. And stack multiple stuff on the same floortile/walltile :)

I have made some good looking stuff by simply combining stuff together.
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Pompidom :) ... I like designing stuff.

I just cant seem to get this to work. Its a cube in blender. I have put it into a game matrix / rootnode ...
When I flip the normals the texture appears on the outside of the cube but the lightning is wrong... and when I invert it it's on the inside with the lightning correct...
It's prolly simple, but I cant get my head around what I am missing here?

minmay

Post by minmay »

Look at the "What to do when this happens" section of this post: http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14226
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

YES YES YES !
Thanks minmay. Your info helped me out !
got it working
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

kelly1111 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:40 pm Pompidom :) ... I like designing stuff.
When I look at your screenshots, I just wanna fill up those walls, floors and ceilings with all sorts of stuff :p
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Pompidom wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:26 am
kelly1111 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:40 pm Pompidom :) ... I like designing stuff.
When I look at your screenshots, I just wanna fill up those walls, floors and ceilings with all sorts of stuff :p
We would make a good team. I create the emptyness and you enrich the space between

:D :D
ratman

Post by ratman »

Was this project ever completed? And if so, was it published? I can't find it on these forums or on nexus. This looks really good from the screenshots, and I would love to have it in my mod, or play the mod that they were intended for. Thanks!
kelly1111

Post by kelly1111 »

Hello Ratman,

It's been awhile since I last posted some of my work in progress. I am still working on a mod with these assets in them. And have made some new ones. I will post some of the work here when I get home from work

I need some time to gather all the models and textures I used and bunble them in some kind of format so that I can share them. At the moment they are all kind of everywhere and not in a structural way. Lot's of doubles and models I am not using that are bloating up the folders, etc