[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
THOM

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by THOM »

Aha - I pesumed, that the epic item thing is connected to some definition stuff.
Dr.Disaster wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:51 pm Xszark's health bar starts to increase right after the second phase ends, even before riding the elevators down or being teleported.
That's the intended behaviour.
Dr.Disaster wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:51 pm However.. his health bar can also be further decreased during the last talk with him. Just hack away at him with the comm panel still on screen and you'll see.
That's probably possible but not intended...
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by minmay »

The puzzle for the Death's March item is implemented in a weird way that increments the "Epic Items Found" and "Items Found" statistics whenever you try to pick them up, even if picking them up fails. It was first reported by Dr. Disaster here and is already fixed for the next version.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

THOM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 pm Hi bongobeat - thanks for your detailed feedback. And congrats for finishing ORRR3!

It astonishes me that you have found 22 of 19 epic items. Can you send a savegame (if you like by PM)? I would like to investigate this.

It is normal ATM that you've just visited 23 of 24 levels. You can't do it better. This is a bug which will be fixed with the forthcoming update.
ok!
As for the save game, yes no problem, just give me a little time please
THOM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 pm About your comments:

I already realized that we have to make more clear, that there is a collection of hints in this forum. I'm sure it could have helped you sometimes (in Diarmuid's room).

Cheating in a game like ORRR3 which is complex as hell, is never a good idea. With only one move to an unreachable spot you can easily break several mechanics (inside a room and global). So a crash is very likely. Asking for help is a better plan...
Well, it's not like if the hint are bad spelled or something, it is just because of me, I sometime got difficulty to understand english as a non native english people.
About Diarmuid's room, I've seen some hint on the thread, but I simply couldn't make it with this puzzle. I understand that some plate must have lights and other no. But I let it go.

That's what I've though about cheating, so I've always make a savegame before teleporting the party, I supposed it can go wrong with or without completion of the trigger/script/puzzle. Also when I found a solution on the forum I reloaded and give it a try.
THOM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 pm The Arena has no end. But ATM it has the bug that it gets not harder by every round (or not hard enough). You should barely survive round 8 or higher... Will be fixed.
ah ok, well I survived in the arena a long time before cheating, but I got an imported party, and the mod is on easy difficulty, so it was quite simple, specially with the force field spell which is realy usefull there, and the haste spell to recast another force field rapidetly.
THOM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 pm Which light puzzle was the one you couldn't finish?

The Lithic Changer (you have called it the treasure room under the town's temple) can be operated with extra main items you've found at the end of the rooms...
For the light puzzle, well I'm not sure now, I remember there was water around, but where I don't remember. The puzzle did work, I just had enought of those light lol

As for the lithic changer, I reloaded my savegame after I've posted the thread and finally found some of the item to be replaced (I had them on the inventory), like a meteorite ore, or a "spirit" remain. I didn't understand the signification of the wall text at first time.
bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 pm - what does mean the trap rune on the floor, in the temple?
It doesnt do anything whene passing or staying on.
Yes - that's what it does... :mrgreen:
bongobeat wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 pm Is that normal that the boss fight bar increase, when you get in the teleport, after the pnj talked to you?
Does he recover it's life?
Yes - Xszark heals himself before the last act. You should have got informed about that...
THOM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 pm Thanks for your interesting and helpful feedback.
Ah yes, now this talks to me, the pnj did tell something about that, right?
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
Comminges

Post by Comminges »

The scroll "Towering it stands, You have to dig, When after noon dawns" alludes to the big tower surrounded by water in "Twisted Forest - Halo in Reverse".
There's something in the N-W of Asylum Groungs. To get there do I have to go through "Asylum Dungeon - Disoriented light" or "Potion labs"?

Le scroll "Towering it stands, You have to dig, When after noon dawns" fait-il allusion à la grande tour, entourée d'eau à "Twisted Forest - Halo in Reverse".
Il y a quelque chose au N-W de "Asylum Groungs". Pour y accèder dois-je passer par "Asylum Dungeon - Disoriented light" or "Potion labs " ?
Comminges

Post by Comminges »

Read "There's something in the N-E of Asylum Groungs" and not "There's something in the N-W of Asylum Groungs.
Sorry
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Comminges wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:42 pmThe scroll "Towering it stands, You have to dig, When after noon dawns" alludes to the big tower surrounded by water in "Twisted Forest - Halo in Reverse".
Sorry, but this hint does not refer to Halo in Reverse. There is no treasure in this room.
Comminges wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:42 pmThere's something in the N-W of Asylum Groungs. To get there do I have to go through "Asylum Dungeon - Disoriented light" or "Potion labs"?
It's a secret location not accessible from the Asylum maps. Locate the teleport connected to it elsewhere.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

After about half a dozen runs it occures to me that some items are not always there to find, as if placed at random. The most notably one is a floating Earth symbol in the Ayslum Backyard that grants +1 Earth skill. I know there is a Water symbel in Twisted Forest adding +1 Water skill which seems to always be around, but yet i have not see matching Air or Fire symbols. Can they be found at all?
minmay

Post by minmay »

The earth symbol disappears if one of your party members has 3 or more earth magic skill, so you should avoid training earth magic past 2 until you've gotten it.
There are no other symbols, just the earth and water ones.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
ratman

Post by ratman »

this may seem like a dumb question, but how do you move the crowns on the floor in the hall of queens?
THOM

Post by THOM »

You have to pass the lower part of this room first.
THOM formaly known as tschrage