[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
THOM

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by THOM »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:12 am Both spellbooks of Toorum and my solo mage show exactly 54 spells. Yet only Tooum has got the achievement while my mage didn't.
You will definitly have to find 55 spells. Absolutely sure that both spellbooks have identical content? Can you post screenshots?
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:12 am Now what i noticed while playing is that a new spell gets written to the spellbook even without touching it's scroll. This happens when a new spell scrolll is found inside a movable container i.e. a chest. Opening the container is enough to have it written to the book; there is no need to touch the scroll itself.
That's true. Do you think it matters?
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by minmay »

That container behaviour is intended.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

THOM wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:09 am
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:12 am Both spellbooks of Toorum and my solo mage show exactly 54 spells. Yet only Tooum has got the achievement while my mage didn't.
You will definitly have to find 55 spells. Absolutely sure that both spellbooks have identical content? Can you post screenshots?
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:12 am Now what i noticed while playing is that a new spell gets written to the spellbook even without touching it's scroll. This happens when a new spell scrolll is found inside a movable container i.e. a chest. Opening the container is enough to have it written to the book; there is no need to touch the scroll itself.
That's true. Do you think it matters?
Oh my ... sorry, error on my end!

While taking screenshots i noticed that i somehow lost my Toorum save where he had all spells and i was actually checking out a slightly earlier version. After re-completing Toorum's spellbook i now know which spell my wizard is/was missing and could fix that too.

Case closed!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

minmay wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:59 am
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:20 amQ1: is the Arena endless?
Oh god, seems there's an extremely big bug with the arena: it doesn't set the level of single monsters, only MonsterGroupComponents, so it only spawns level 1 monsters for the most part, meaning that rounds past the first 7 or so are much easier than they should be. I designed it to become near impossible by round 20, instead it's easy to get to round 100 :oops: Really sorry about that!
Ah! That explains why the monsters don't get tougher. Feel free to fix it; becoming demigods running the Arena is most likely not intended.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Last day of the year, the last secret of ORRR3 teases me to be collected. Yet the tough part is: how to open this??
minmay

Post by minmay »

SpoilerShow
You have to put a poignant potion in the alcove that spawns a poison cloud when you step on its square.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

minmay wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:11 pm
SpoilerShow
You have to put a poignant potion in the alcove that spawns a poison cloud when you step on its square.
Ah! Finally a real use for it!

And now some fun with Xszark. Those 150 rounds of Arena fights should pay off, right?
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dartaen

Post by Dartaen »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:42 pm
hansbleeb wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:39 pm what to do in the asylum dungeon potion lab ?
i made the 5 potions but where must i place them??
AFAIR
SpoilerShow
on the "beds" with their "results"
btw: the lab tech note didn't say to make them.
I just cannot find the right combination for some reason. According to my notes, the required potions should be
SpoilerShow
Healing, Poignant, Antivenom, Antidote and Resurrection, right? But which on goes where?
I thought I tried all combinations by now.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Dartaen wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:35 pm I just cannot find the right combination for some reason. According to my notes, the required potions should be
SpoilerShow
Healing, Poignant, Antivenom, Antidote and Resurrection, right? But which on goes where?
I thought I tried all combinations by now.
Hint:
SpoilerShow
You have to put the notes (= recipes) on the beds (= altars), not the potions.
I couldn't figure this out by myself, either.
I suggested giving the player a better hint, but the others on the ORRR3 team thought it wasn't necessary.
Solution:
SpoilerShow
Symptoms:
Pain, No Bleeding
Results:
Potion had no effect
= cure_disease

Symptoms:
Bleeding
Results:
Potion cured bleeding
= healing

Symptoms:
Already Dead
Results:
= resurrection

Symptoms:
Fever, Nausea
Results:
Potion had no effect
= cure_poison

He used the wrong potions on the poisoned and diseased patients.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Well, that's the puzzle:
SpoilerShow
The signs tells the patient's symptoms and what happened after he consumed a certain potion. You have to find the combination, which potion leads with which symptom to the mentioned result. And then put the appropriate recepie to the patient. AFAIK there is only one combination possible, using all recepies.
THOM formaly known as tschrage