[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
minmay

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by minmay »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:22 amSome item build-in Special Attacks are free of charge i.e. the Greater Fireball from Zhandul's Orb cost no energie at all.
Was this intended?
Yes. The Zhandul's Orb in the standard assets has no energy cost for its fireball, either.
Dr.Disaster wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:22 amWith some specific items it is possible to have a negative load value for one or more characters. Yet they still seem to fall like having a positive weight.
A character with an empty inventory has a load of 0 kg, but they still have the mass of their own body. I think it's a safe bet that adult humans/minotaurs/ratlings/insectoids/lizardfolk will weigh significantly more than 20 kg.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

minmay wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:02 am
Dr.Disaster wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:22 amWith some specific items it is possible to have a negative load value for one or more characters. Yet they still seem to fall like having a positive weight.
A character with an empty inventory has a load of 0 kg, but they still have the mass of their own body. I think it's a safe bet that adult humans/minotaurs/ratlings/insectoids/lizardfolk will weigh significantly more than 20 kg.
You missed the "some specific items" part so my Wizard gal insisted on this selfie.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:15 amYou missed the "some specific items" part
No, I don't think I did. The lowest possible load value in this mod is -20.0 kg, from carrying the Sylph Cage and no items with positive weight. Therefore, if the human/minotaur/ratling/insectoid/lizardfolk weighs more than 20.0 kg, it makes perfect sense that they would still fall down.

(It admittedly doesn't make sense that the Sylph Cage itself falls down, though.)
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

THOM wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:24 am Well, the door to the next part opens.
i try every jump that was possible. begin at the south side. i jump also on the floor, then the first plateau, the plateau higher are not above the fire.. must i drop all heave things from my inventory?? i see no door opens
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

hansbleeb wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:45 am
THOM wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:24 am Well, the door to the next part opens.
i try every jump that was possible. begin at the south side. i jump also on the floor, then the first plateau, the plateau higher are not above the fire.. must i drop all heave things from my inventory?? i see no door opens
SpoilerShow
Watch where you jumped - from and to. You'll notice the floor plates will light up eventually.
SpoilerShow
Figure out a route to light all floor plates you jumped on.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Q1: is the Arena endless?

Q2: in my second playthru i somehow missed the gear necklace. I have a chest full of pendants but this one is missing. I recall from my first playthru that i got it somewhere between the east village and the twisted forrest but i can't locate it again. A hint to it's resting place would be nice.

Q3: what are the exact conditions for the "Mage of Knownledge" achievement?
I ask because Toorum got this achievement once he found the last missing spell scroll in a newly discovered secret. He did not even need to cast that spell, he just had to pick it up. Now my current mage also has all spell scrolls but the achievement was not given to her.

Q4: can the bartender be calmed down by any action? His panting is really strong./loud.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:20 am Q1: is the Arena endless?

Q2: in my second playthru i somehow missed the gear necklace. I have a chest full of pendants but this one is missing. I recall from my first playthru that i got it somewhere between the east village and the twisted forrest but i can't locate it again. A hint to it's resting place would be nice.

Q3: what are the exact conditions for the "Mage of Knownledge" achievement?
I ask because Toorum got this achievement once he found the last missing spell scroll in a newly discovered secret. He did not even need to cast that spell, he just had to pick it up. Now my current mage also has all spell scrolls but the achievement was not given to her.

Q4: can the bartender be calmed down by any action? His panting is really strong./loud.
A2:
SpoilerShow
TheCube's Room
Twisted Forest / Forest Underground
In an alcove, after destroying both counterweights
A3:
You need to find the scrolls for all 55 spells.

Console:
or3_manager.script.statistics["or3_spells"].value

= number of spells found so far
THOM

Post by THOM »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:20 am Q1: is the Arena endless?
SpoilerShow
There is no end to reach. So you can go as far as you get...
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:20 am Q2: in my second playthru i somehow missed the gear necklace. I have a chest full of pendants but this one is missing. I recall from my first playthru that i got it somewhere between the east village and the twisted forrest but i can't locate it again. A hint to it's resting place would be nice.
SpoilerShow
A Gear Necklace can be obtained at one of the many possible ends in The Cube's room. But not from every end.
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:20 am Q3: what are the exact conditions for the "Mage of Knownledge" achievement?
SpoilerShow
You get the achievement by finding (picking up) all spellscrolls in the game. Since there is no distinction between certain champions I presume you have not picked up all scrolls?
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:20 am Q4: can the bartender be calmed down by any action? His panting is really strong./loud.
No.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

THOM wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:58 am
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:20 am Q3: what are the exact conditions for the "Mage of Knownledge" achievement?
SpoilerShow
You get the achievement by finding (picking up) all spellscrolls in the game. Since there is no distinction between certain champions I presume you have not picked up all scrolls?
Both spellbooks of Toorum and my solo mage show exactly 54 spells. Yet only Tooum has got the achievement while my mage didn't.

@Zo Kath Ra: for both Toorum and solo mage the or3_manager.script.statistics["or3_spells"].value is 54. I don't think there are 55 spells, otherwise Toorum would not have received the achievement.
EDIT: the error was on my end, checked the wrong save game. Issue got resolved.

Now what i noticed while playing is that a new spell gets written to the spellbook even without touching it's scroll. This happens when a new spell scrolll is found inside a movable container i.e. a chest. Opening the container is enough to have it written to the book; there is no need to touch the scroll itself.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:20 amQ1: is the Arena endless?
Oh god, seems there's an extremely big bug with the arena: it doesn't set the level of single monsters, only MonsterGroupComponents, so it only spawns level 1 monsters for the most part, meaning that rounds past the first 7 or so are much easier than they should be. I designed it to become near impossible by round 20, instead it's easy to get to round 100 :oops: Really sorry about that!
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources