[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Zo Kath Ra

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:21 pm Right up to this point: boss health bar is gone but he doesn't die. I end the conversation and the boss heads straight into his sanctuary. Then the last thing i did before the game crashed was jumping into that pool nearby. This might be the crash reason; forgot to mention it; sorry.

I'm running the Steam version but i doubt this matters.
https://imgur.com/YGbxhwF
No matter how much I damage X, the boss fight title ("Xszark, Possessor of the Rune of Death") and the health bar are still there.
His health regenerates when I stop attacking him.
There is no crash when I jump into the pool.

Please upload a savegame, created before the health bar disappears.
Steam vs. Nexus: I only asked because you can't use a Steam savegame in the Nexus version and vice versa, so I know which version I need to test your savegame.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:10 pm
Dr.Disaster wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:21 pm Right up to this point: boss health bar is gone but he doesn't die. I end the conversation and the boss heads straight into his sanctuary. Then the last thing i did before the game crashed was jumping into that pool nearby. This might be the crash reason; forgot to mention it; sorry.

I'm running the Steam version but i doubt this matters.
https://imgur.com/YGbxhwF
No matter how much I damage X, the boss fight title ("Xszark, Possessor of the Rune of Death") and the health bar are still there.
His health regenerates when I stop attacking him.
There is no crash when I jump into the pool.

Please upload a savegame, created before the health bar disappears.
Steam vs. Nexus: I only asked because you can't use a Steam savegame in the Nexus version and vice versa, so I know which version I need to test your savegame.
Screenshots:
Here is Xszark with blank life bar: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 43D462393/
and here his life bar is gone: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 175436C2F/

Killing his life bar is actually pretty easy for my Toorum, just dish out a few Elemenal Storms to do it. I also noticed that once his life bar is gone and i continue the fight right away (no pool jumping) his life bar remains gone. Once his shield breaks down (takes a while) and he takes damage again the game crashes.

You can grab my savegame here. It's right before the conversaion. Just step forward and unleash some spells on him.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:21 am Screenshots:
Here is Xszark with blank life bar: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 43D462393/
and here his life bar is gone: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 175436C2F/

Killing his life bar is actually pretty easy for my Toorum, just dish out a few Elemenal Storms to do it. I also noticed that once his life bar is gone and i continue the fight right away (no pool jumping) his life bar remains gone. Once his shield breaks down (takes a while) and he takes damage again the game crashes.

You can grab my savegame here. It's right before the conversaion. Just step forward and unleash some spells on him.
Thanks, now I can reproduce the bug.
It's because of the fire aura.

X has the "CantDie" flag set, so his health should never drop below 1.
But apparently:
If his health is at 1, and you damage him many times in rapid succession
then the game thinks (for a moment) that he's dead, and the boss fight ends.

Also works with fire bombs or poison bombs.

I'll set his "Invulnerable" flag when phase 2 ends, and clear it when phase 4 begins.
This will also prevent the player from dropping X's health to 1 during the conversation, and then killing him with single blow in phase 4.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

in thelonius heritage dungeon i found the horn of summoning and lit a torch that goes out when you walk along. what is the clue there??
THOM

Post by THOM »

Stay in this area and try to blow the horn on different tiles. Mind the writing on the wall...
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by hansbleeb »

THOM wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:27 pm Stay in this area and try to blow the horn on different tiles. Mind the writing on the wall...
SpoilerShow
i blow myself upon the highest platform but there happens nothing
THOM

Post by THOM »

You are almost there.
HintShow
The sign says "jump two times over the fire". If you have reached the highest platform you jumped just once over it...
SolutionShow
You have also to jump down the platforms on the other side. And from the last one you have to blow the horn again ...

Post by hansbleeb »

THOM wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:36 am You are almost there.
HintShow
The sign says "jump two times over the fire". If you have reached the highest platform you jumped just once over it...
SolutionShow
You have also to jump down the platforms on the other side. And from the last one you have to blow the horn again ...
and after that? was are happend to going further?
THOM

Post by THOM »

Well, the door to the next part opens.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

A few minor observations which might be worth adressing:

Some item build-in Special Attacks are free of charge i.e. the Greater Fireball from Zhandul's Orb cost no energie at all.
Was this intended?

A few spells with duration are limited to the character portrait and feature no an on-screen timer icon i.e. Prismatic Shield or Haste.
It would be nice to have such icons too to be able to tell when they expire.

With some specific items it is possible to have a negative load value for one or more characters. Yet they still seem to fall like having a positive weight. Shouldn't those character(s) as least gain Wind River's feather-fall effect or even the ability to float?