[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
THOM

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by THOM »

Khollik wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:39 pm
SpoilerShow
Obviously I first tried to light the campfire with a torch, then I took the pellet box.
How were you able to do that??? You are not supposed to and it should be impossible...

In the Tomb of Ancient Knights:
The reward arrow - well - just plays a tune...

Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:33 am Ohoh .. encountered a crash bug during the boss fight!
SpoilerShow
After Phase 2 there is a dialog when Xszark wants you to follow into his sanctuary. Now while the dialog is on screen you can kill him with spells! His health bar first gets empty and then vanishes completely. Once the dialog is confirmed, he still flees but the game does crash then.
We have to check why this was possible. Do you remember what spells you used?

hansbleeb wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:10 am in the halo of reverse room i have the first slot unlocked
SpoilerShow
upper, light lower dark and i can go to the lowest and upper ring but i can not unlock it i try above dark and lower light and reverse, nothing happend
You have solved the first step of the puzzle. The next step has a differet task. See the instructions...
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

THOM wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:29 am
Dr.Disaster wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:33 am Ohoh .. encountered a crash bug during the boss fight!
SpoilerShow
After Phase 2 there is a dialog when Xszark wants you to follow into his sanctuary. Now while the dialog is on screen you can kill him with spells! His health bar first gets empty and then vanishes completely. Once the dialog is confirmed, he still flees but the game does crash then.
We have to check why this was possible. Do you remember what spells you used?
At first it was Fire Aura and Earthquake. Then on a second attempt i went down the book: Fireburst, Shock, Poison Cloud, Arcane Storm . i could pummel him with pretty much anything.

btw: running Toorum aka single character party, usually in a backrow spot.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i try to understand the discription for the halo in reverse room must the first puzzle stay in position?
i have another point in thelonius hermitage.. the giant cave crab wil not dead.. i sneak toward him to grab the figurine.. and i have no weapon to defeat the air elementals or a dispel spell. on the other side there is a door and a button that doing nothing.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

THOM wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:48 pm [
HintShow
The goromorg must be moved. Doing this is connected with the floor in front of the room and the direction you choose...
i meet the goromorg also but he was going away with the sphere in the alcove asylum dungeon 2 and give me some items is this ok?? and there is another room with the stone tile plates i wonder what to do there.
minmay

Post by minmay »

SpoilerShow
Obviously I first tried to light the campfire with a torch, then I took the pellet box.
How were you able to do that??? You are not supposed to and it should be impossible...
Probably by placing a pellet box of their own close to it, then picking up that pellet box; since pellet boxes are stackable, this grabs your pellet box as well.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
THOM

Post by THOM »

hansbleeb wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:05 pm i meet the goromorg also but he was going away with the sphere in the alcove asylum dungeon 2 and give me some items is this ok??
AnswerShow
You are talking about a different goromorg...
hansbleeb wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:05 pm and there is another room with the stone tile plates i wonder what to do there.
Hint 1Show
Do you understand what's painted on the slabs?
Hint 2Show
The stone slabs represents parts of a map. Which is it?
SolutionShow
It's the gameworld of ORRR3 what is meant. You have to arrange the slabs beside the lines of bricks that they show the actual game map.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

minmay wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:56 pm
SpoilerShow
Probably by placing a pellet box of their own close to it, then picking up that pellet box; since pellet boxes are stackable, this grabs your pellet box as well.
;)

Yes that's exactly how I did that.

I misunderstood the hint
SpoilerShow
I thought I had to put a pellet box closer to the fire so I put one from my inventory. Since it didn't work I took it back, meanwhile the pellet box were stacked.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

THOM wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:53 pm
hansbleeb wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:05 pm and there is another room with the stone tile plates i wonder what to do there.
Hint 1Show
Do you understand what's painted on the slabs?
Hint 2Show
The stone slabs represents parts of a map. Which is it?
SolutionShow
It's the gameworld of ORRR3 what is meant. You have to arrange the slabs beside the lines of bricks that they show the actual game map.
SpoilerShow
HELP!i have 6 stone tiles (one is stuck on the floor) and i see houses a tower and a obelisk on it the obelisk tile is by the cemetry i must look for more maps as the city, the forest and more! is one tile correspond to one map part? ? and must i place the tiles upon the brick rows? or on the place where i hear a click? ......and the halo reverse again !!. i look for instructions but i can only found a note that says light the corners in the shadow below i figure out how to come there i see no shadows and a torch on the wall it means that i must light the 4 corner plates? i did that and i light the plates in the upper ring in opposite mode , nothing happend .
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

SpoilerShow
Here's the log:
=== Software Failure ===

#script_entity_61.script:6: attempt to index global 'boss_fight_bardwell' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#script_entity_61.script:6: in function <#script_entity_61.script:1>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "Timer.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
I can't reproduce this bug.
The party can injure X with spells and with their weapons, but X doesn't die, because his "cantDie" flag is still set at this point.
When I end the conversation, the game doesn't crash.

I hope this isn't asking too much, but can you make a video?
It should start when you enter Xszark's chambers, and end with the crash.
This way, I can see exactly what you're doing to cause the crash.

Or you could upload a savegame.
Are you playing the Steam or Nexus version?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:44 pm
SpoilerShow
Here's the log:
=== Software Failure ===

#script_entity_61.script:6: attempt to index global 'boss_fight_bardwell' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
#script_entity_61.script:6: in function <#script_entity_61.script:1>
[string "Script.lua"]: in function 'sendMessage'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'triggerConnectors'
[string "Component.lua"]: in function 'callHook'
[string "Timer.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateComponents'
[string "Map.lua"]: in function 'updateEntities'
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'updateLevels'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
I can't reproduce this bug.
The party can injure X with spells and with their weapons, but X doesn't die, because his "cantDie" flag is still set at this point.
When I end the conversation, the game doesn't crash.
Right up to this point: boss health bar is gone but he doesn't die. I end the conversation and the boss heads straight into his sanctuary. Then the last thing i did before the game crashed was jumping into that pool nearby. This might be the crash reason; forgot to mention it; sorry.

I'm running the Steam version but i doubt this matters.