[MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Dr.Disaster

Re: [MOD] The One Room Round Robin Part 3

Post by Dr.Disaster »

THOM wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:19 am You can do something with it:
SpoilerShow
It shows a pathway...
Followed it for ages. Does nothing.
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:33 am At the moment i'm puzzled about Andak's room "Enchanted Tower". Beside the fact that you get kicked out when you're running any light .. what is there to do? Beside 64 alcoves and few items in them all there is is this erratic light at the ceiling .. which you can't do anything with.
... and a shiny wall button :)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

AndakRainor wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:37 am
Dr.Disaster wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:33 am At the moment i'm puzzled about Andak's room "Enchanted Tower". Beside the fact that you get kicked out when you're running any light .. what is there to do? Beside 64 alcoves and few items in them all there is is this erratic light at the ceiling .. which you can't do anything with.
... and a shiny wall button :)
Nope, just the buttons to operate dthe door. And the messages besides both sides of the door. Beside these, this erratic light and a shaft leading up at the entance the room is void.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Yeah sorry it's been a long time :D

What to do with the light:
SpoilerShow
Just follow it
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

AndakRainor wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:06 am Yeah sorry it's been a long time :D

SpoilerShow
Just follow it
Just stated above: I did that. Several times. Does nothing.

Now one thing is odd about the path: when it's complete at the far right corner of the room, the light passes thru 4 pillars to get back toi the door. Now since i can't walk thru pillars i can't fully copy that path.
Last edited by Dr.Disaster on Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:09 am

SpoilerShow
Just follow it
Just i stated above: I did that. Several times. Does nothing.
I've just done it twice, to confirm that it works.
It takes a long time, but eventually, the party gets teleported into a new area, with a blue crystal button directly in front of the party.
I recommend staying 2 tiles behind the light, so you can see it without mouselook.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:14 am
Dr.Disaster wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:09 am

SpoilerShow
Just follow it
Just i stated above: I did that. Several times. Does nothing.
I've just done it twice, to confirm that it works.
It takes a long time, but eventually, the party gets teleported into a new area, with a blue crystal button directly in front of the party.
I recommend staying 2 tiles behind the light, so you can see it without mouselook.
Long time means how often down the path?
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

SpoilerShow
The light shows the path to follow once, then goes back to the entrance through pillars as you said. It also goes back there when you leave the right path and are teleported back at the entrance. You can trust us when we say following the light is the right thing to do, it's been done lots of times... The light can also go over one tile more than one time (a few loops...), maybe it is what you didn't get right? To be sure you move correctly in the room, the best thing would be to try it without darkness or invisibility; if you are teleported back at the beginning, you did not take the right steps...
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

AndakRainor wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:45 am
SpoilerShow
The light shows the path to follow once, then goes back to the entrance through pillars as you said. It also goes back there when you leave the right path and are teleported back at the entrance. You can trust us when we say following the light is the right thing to do, it's been done lots of times... The light can also go over one tile more than one time (a few loops...), maybe it is what you didn't get right? To be sure you move correctly in the room, the best thing would be to try it without darkness or invisibility; if you are teleported back at the beginning, you did not take the right steps...
Oh my .. having lights ON is required for this to work .. :shock:
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

SpoilerShow
Yes you have to be "visible" for the light puzzle to start and teleport you, darkness or invisibility are useful to get all items without triggering the puzzle!