[New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Slayer82

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Slayer82 »

Marten.

I have the same issue with the armour.

It happens with the Barbarian armour bits, and oddly, with the peasant's cap.
I messaged Lorial about it, but they are not online to deal with the issue.
I'm sure the next time they are online it'll be fixed.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

exactly so, also with rogue armor, esp the cap and also with the normal leather cap, that s really annoying and makes playing a little difficult, also had one crash when hitting some mosquitos, seems they tried to spawn poison darts and that was not successful
let s hope a fix will be available soon
thx for that feedback, I am quite relieved now :)
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Yeah, I also had a crash when fighting two different mosquito enemies in the swamp.
Additionally, I had a non-crash error when I killed a twigroot enemy, because a sound hook was missing.

I'm sure they'll be fixed soon.
Unfortunate, because it's a well thought out mod.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

the whole weight/load system seems to be buggy
the max weight of one of my characters was reduced by a fever and never went back to the original value
to make it worse, unequiping a so far normally working piece of armor further reduced it
this mod is - at least in this condition - not playable
I really like the new area modifications and sets but i will have to wait for a fix
its too frustrating this way ...
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

Hey there,

thanks for your reports and PM. Been kinda busy recently and layed the mod aside, especially after the German translation for "Falagar - Eine Reise" which was way more tedious than I had anticipated in the first place.

It kind of seems like you were using a version of 1.34 before I added a hotfix a month ago or so it seems. The sets had already been adressed, but for some reason the peasant set managed to slip through somehow...
Anyway, I have been looking into the issues again and fixed the following:

-Peasant set lowering stats permanently fixed
-All mossy types trying to drop "veMON darts" fixed (to hell with you, copy&paste)
-Final endboss issues fixed

Checked the Barbarian and Rogue set and also the leather cap, values seem to work as intended and do not lower stats permanently.
Checked all the fevers and could not confirm permanent stat loss, guess it came from unequipping peasant clothes.
In hindsight I probably should never have implemented that armor set feature. Then again, it does add a new layer of exploration of sorts and that can hardly be a bad thing, right?

Well then, off to a new run, I guess. ;)
Sorry for the inconvenciences with the annoying bugs and the lengthy break.
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

after 2 hours of playing everything seems to be ok, no more problems with armor
thx for your ongoing support of this great mod :D

the crown of breeze can be grabbed from behind through the force field
Resu

Post by Resu »

how many stages?
fatrem

Post by fatrem »

Hi
I'm stuck in the rutted moor.
I've pressed all the underwater plates etc. but I can't solve the "Only dark reveal the blue..." puzzle.
I shoot a dark bolt with the dark wand on the flame beside a teleporter which is above a pressure plate and nothing happens.
(I've read this solution on the page https://www.moddb.com/mods/falagar-a-jo ... utted-moor )
Is it the wrong flame ? Help please !
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

Resu wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:00 amhow many stages?
Ehm... this is not a Grimrock 1 dungeon that keeps descending further down. I would assume the mod offers... 20ish areas?!
fatrem wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:46 am Hi
I'm stuck in the rutted moor.
I've pressed all the underwater plates etc. but I can't solve the "Only dark reveal the blue..." puzzle.
I shoot a dark bolt with the dark wand on the flame beside a teleporter which is above a pressure plate and nothing happens.
(I've read this solution on the page https://www.moddb.com/mods/falagar-a-jo ... utted-moor )
Is it the wrong flame ? Help please !
The "blue" the hint refers to is merely the blue shimmer of the (dormant) healing crystal in the center of the map. The flame you are supposed to blow out is the one in the east. In addition to this, the appearing bridge also makes moving from N to S a bit easier.
Once all submerged pressure plates are activated, see whether you can reach the sealed off area to the NW of the center ("walk under water before you can walk over water" or something along these lines). The pressure plate to the west of the center (across the river where the small herder is/was) should no longer teleport projectiles back, opening a way to cross and proceed.
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

Version 1.35 has been released, including the German version.
Just a minor update but fixes a trap caused by a missing ladder below the Rutted Dunes area preventing access to an activator.