The Allure of Nightfall - Version 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Banaora

Re: The Allure of Nightfall - Version 1.0

Post by Banaora »

I'm also stuck. I tried a lightning bolt, the lightning wand and a lightning bomb at prove your air mastery without effect.

Then in the dungeon there is a brass key I can't get
SpoilerShow
because I don't have a death sphere or something similar. Maybe it's for later
In the wanderer heights there is a statue blocking the way and waiting for an item but I have no idea what to put there. I probably missed a hint. There is also a pedestal beside a closed gate with a sign "copseville". What do I need to put there? Tried a skull as I thought it maybe should read corpseville. Or it could be that I'm just missing an invitation letter for it.

I explored the western plantation: TThere is one donation chest where I tried to
SpoilerShow
put the jewelled pendant from the treasury to no effect. I thought I have to offer something valueable.
In the aged ambient woods I'm missing two orbs for the temple I think. I have the elemental stuff.

There is one puzzle where you have to put certain items into alcoves in the crypt of eternal slumber. I spoil what I tried
SpoilerShow
yellow: falconskyre, spotted: blooddrop cap, crusty: crystal flower, rooted: crummock root, mudwort. I'm doing something wrong there as I couldn't solve the puzzle
Also in the crypt there is a force field blocking my way where I got the elemental symbols and I have no idea how to remove it.

There was other stuff but this is what I can remember right now. Thanks for a hint or two 8-)
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Marten.

The issues you raised have now been fixed.

As it is open-world, there are two things I noticed when playing the mod:
1. The player is searching for keys wandering the various levels; or
2. The player has several keys and is looking for locks to use them.
SpoilerShow
Prove your mastery of air = the ethereal blade. It's cryptic on purpose, because that area below is a bonus
You need to search the world as it is not linear. Swim, climb high, and look closely at the vegetation, especially in Wanderer Heights.
Keep an eye OFF the prize as the weapons, armour, and other bonuses sometimes disguise what you should be doing, or where you should be going.
I don't mean waste your time analyse every tree or area, but search generally.
SpoilerShow
Wanderer Heights and Artak's Dungeon are where you'll open the mod to explore more.
SpoilerShow
You'll need to acquire the green gem to enter Copseville too.
SpoilerShow
Check the Wanderer Heights Burial Ground to acquire the quest item.
I'm sorry that you're finding it frustrating.
I do not like mods that make the player stuck, which is why I changed both my mods to prevent this.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Banaora.

Read the previous reply for the item required to enter the Meditation Chamber.
SpoilerShow
The Cursed Skull is required. You must solved the three button puzzle where the chest is, right near the timeless visage is (pink skeleton trooper). It takes speed and skill, rather than simple logic.
SpoilerShow
Copse is a tree/shrub. To acquire the item, you must visit the ogre. I strongly recommend using the ornate key to visit it.
Once there, take the Crude Bat and use it on both the beach puzzle statue near the ornate lock, and in the north part of Wander Heights.
SpoilerShow
The offer in the Western Plantation is another bonus, so there are not any clues. Only a single item is needed.
Here is the list:
* rhinestone lavalliere
* crystal flower
* blackmoss
* boomerang
* blueberry pie
* shuriken
* shock bomb
* poison bomb
* fire bomb
SpoilerShow
Regarding the crypt puzzle you mentioned, you were very close.
Remove the mudwort, and place some bread in the 'Crusty' alcove.
So, blooddrop cap, falconskyre, bread, and crummock root.
SpoilerShow
The force field you mentioned requires the essence of balance and then the item on the southern altar.
Play around a bit in both the Aged Woods and the Crypt of Eternal Slumber to solve it, but visit the Caliginous Below first (the level is located beneath Copseville.
Alright, no more clues for a bit :lol:
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

Thanks for all these hints. :D In conclusion what really got me stuck was that I didn't know how to get to
SpoilerShow
copseville. I would never have guessed it's the green gem as I didn't know the word copse :roll: With copseville open several other places open up nicely. So thanks again.
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

thx for the hints from me too !
finally I got the cursed skull and the brass key, that puzzle was really bad
not sure if that really helps me but I ll see
edit : still got that ornate key and no lock where it seems to fit in ...
edit 2 : still caught in wandering heights, where is that green gem ? and how am I supposed to disable the forcefield around the lever in the norteast, still carrying around that big bomb but it does not seem to do what it s description says
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

You're welcome, Banaora.

If you do not understand words or phrases, then I suggest looking them up.
There are other hints that are in languages other than English, designed benefit bi-lingual/multi-lingual players.

The hints are rarely cryptic. Players must spend time searching Wander Heights.
Look in the river, dig holes, kill enemies, pull switches, push buttons, look at buildings etc.

Marten,
finally I got the cursed skull and the brass key, that puzzle was really bad.
Why was the puzzle bad? I can't make puzzles any easier, because the mod wouldn't be a challenge.
My clues and puzzles are relatively simple in comparison to the main campaign or other mods.
SpoilerShow
Go swimming.
You really need to explore more. The lever for the force field in the north-east is three steps away from it (submerged in the river). Once you've done that, head to the western tree fort, get the key, open the Earthen Sanctuary, and get the Green Gem.
SpoilerShow
You use the one of the Ornate Keys in Copseville, and one in the Western Plantation.
marten_1992

Post by marten_1992 »

thx very much !!!
that did the job, I was just stupid enough not to see that underwater section
that really helped me :)
mortar/pestle and rope can also be grabbed through the grate
bregdan anweald gafeluec ...
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

I think I need a hint how to enter Fali, the safe haven. There are bars blocking my way and I'm guessing the last essence I need could be there. I have explored the forgotten sepulchre but have not found a way to open the gate to the teleporter. Maybe someone could tell me where to go looking to get access to the haven.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Banaora.
Read the note found in the treasure chest in Fali Safe Haven.
SpoilerShow
Head to the small buried building near the healing crystal and dig.
SpoilerShow
The essences are not necessary for game completion.
Instead, they reward the player once they all are collected.
SpoilerShow
The teleporter in the Forgotten Sepulchre is to get to a secret place. It is not necessary to complete the game, so no hints, yet.
:D
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

I must say, this map is very well done. Play it~ I'm loving it.
Regards,

RMariano