The Allure of Nightfall - Version 1.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Isaac

Re: The Allure of Nightfall - Version 1.0

Post by Isaac »

I have not played the mod [yet], but AFAIK the camera object/ orientation cannot be saved conventionally (and complains)... but it's probably not really a problem either. If this is just Console Spam, then you can probably ignore it; it might even be a known/accepted issue.
Torst

Post by Torst »

Of course it's not a problem.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hey, Torst.

Yes, the error message that occurs is annoying, but does not affect gameplay.
I have asked for solutions to remedy it, but no one knows how to by-pass it.

It is related to the Zimber assets' scope that he/she implemented.
The scope isn't used in this mod, however, removing the scope caused crashes.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the mod. :)
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

@Slayer82

Have you grep/searched the mod scripts for defined cameras; and for those object names being called from hooks and user scripts? You might be able to remove the component—if not the object itself, if you are not actively using it.
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hi, Issac.

Yeah, I tried to do that. I need to look more deeply into it, because I only attempted to remove the components from Zimber's assets after I implemented so many of the their assets.

I kept getting different crashes.

I will try and resolve these issues in an update.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Finding and removing it is best, but if you cannot find all of the called references...you might try an experiment; change the camera component class to "Null", and assign it: name = "camera". So long as you are not using it for anything, the simple fact that it's no longer a camera component might remove the console spam.

*Be certain to examine the camera component for any defined hooks.
minmay

Post by minmay »

CameraComponent saves/loads fine. The warning message is a bogus warning caused by the way CameraComponent is implemented internally, and doesn't indicate any actual problem.
The only way to get rid of it, sadly, is to use Console.setSuppressWarnings(true) to get rid of all warning messages.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Well this is nice to know. 8-)

It's a shame there is no way to filter messages, or to inspect the console output, and over-print if the word "camera" is found.

Still... a timer on the party could clear the console every minute or so... That at least would erase it while not preventing console messages; or screenshots of them.
minmay

Post by minmay »

If you really want to prevent the warning, I think it would also work to put your CameraComponent on a minimalSaveState object, but of course then you need to manually store all the data about the object and manually re-apply it when the game is loaded. And this also means you can't use it on the same object as Components that require non-minimalSaveState like ItemComponent, PortalComponent, etc.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

minmay wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:05 am...but of course then you need to manually store all the data about the object and manually re-apply it when the game is loaded.
This is what I had meant by [non-] conventional means of saving.