Within & Beyond: Prologue

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
lostsol

Re: Within & Beyond: Prologue

Post by lostsol »

Thanks for the input and suggestions.
SpoilerShow
I'm kicking myself right now because of all my navigational themes and puzzles, I failed to realize I placed the 9 button compass panel on a Western wall.... I should move it to the Northern wall to improve it.

I like the portrait layout you suggest, it does help it to better connect the dots.

I'll have to think on the Mysterious Directions. I like the item placement so I'm leaning towards changing up the images of the note and buttons to arrows.

The item particle was inspired by your current project, so my hats off to you on that one.

Thanks again.
Last edited by lostsol on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Badgert

Post by Badgert »

Tell me how to find the last 2 figures in the library?
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Hi Badgert,

Figurine location:
SpoilerShow
In the Library 2F you will see a picture with the title "We dwell under red suns". This is exactly like the NEW RULER puzzle, you will have to enter the coordinates in the compass plates below in Library 1F.
(W - E - S - W - E - W -W - N - N - S - E -E - E -E - S - S - N -N -S)

This will open a secret door back by the picture.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i am very stuck by the wooden shapes
SpoilerShow
Replace the wooden sphere with the Sphere of Spring. but if i get the sphere of spring again the doors to the wooden shapes are locked again
Last edited by hansbleeb on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Have you checked out the puzzle guide at the beginning of this thread? You may find what you are looking for there. Also if you don't mind, I would greatly appreciate it if you used 'spoiler tags' when discussing puzzle details. Thanks
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

SpoilerShow
in see in the guide; replace he cube by the wooden box (empty pellets) and the wooden sphere by the sphere of spring but the sphere of spring must be on his place to open the green doors and a green door leads to the toy attic i try to kill the poison plant in the spider garden but he takes no damage. i also try to put the sphere of spring under the blue mask in the puzzle but that is not good the last thing that i can try is put the monkey figurines somewhere.
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Ok, I understand your predicament.

As Eryn:
SpoilerShow
Eryn needs to find an item in the room by the sun and moon buttons. The item will allow her to get around the green walls.
As Myles:
SpoilerShow
Myles needs to find an item in the Estate 1F, East side of map, in the room with the fire pit.
The item will allow him to get around the green walls
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

SpoilerShow
a thanks i know that i must do something with the poison plant.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

stuck in the garden glyph puzzle
SpoilerShow
i am always come to a dead end or in a cycle is north the same as north (spring) in the part of the garden where the spheres are (as the north on the map ? )? and the symbols on the note is sometimes in opposite of the symbol on the plates i understand earlier here that the mysterious directions note is for another puzzle the compass is dead can i reincalibrate it ?
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Courtyard Glyphs:
SpoilerShow
Yes, each season is associated with a direction,
Spring = North
Summer = South
Autumn = West
Winter = East

You will not have to be "walking" in the correct direction to deactivate a plate, you just need to be "facing" the correct direction.
You can backstep and sidestep unto plates and they will deactivate as long as you are facing the correct direction.