[MOD] The Guardians

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
hansbleeb

Re: [MOD] The Guardians

Post by hansbleeb »

and the main reactor unit.. what nusy i made from the heads with incomplete letters.. is every dot a letter? i see 3 broken words from 1 was good to see that it livingrock is..
in goldhaven there is a closed mages door how to get in? in the main reactot i think i must put big ore stones in both altars. and not the offers from flesh and power? and no idea what that both can be...in the rnchanting room i can chance 10 rocks for 1 big ore stone but the scroll works only 1 x are there more scrolls. ?
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello there

@Hansbleeb: the reactor unit in your Livingrock is the last thing you want to reactivate at the very end of this mod, otherwise you won't have the resources to get the "good ending". But you'll definitely want to reactivate the other reactor unit elsewhere in this world:
SpoilerShow
try power gems
The flesh and power is for another riddle.

For the Goldhaven mages guild:
SpoilerShow
The frontdoor is not always the unique way to enter a building...
Regarding the heads with incomplete letters, i'm not sure there's something to do here (or isn't???). I took them for sign posts, sort of...

@Andrageron:
The Alchemy practical lessons
SpoilerShow
I've already try to brew the potions in the room (1 each, then 4 each due to the number of altars... Nothing happened. Do I have to position my party at a specific spot? Or is it something else???
"the proper loot" note
SpoilerShow
Hmm, i'll try with the alcoves
Anyway, relaunched a game, this mod is addicting :lol:
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

do i need a rapier in goldhaven by the altar with the statue above with 2 spread arms?? i had my rapier sold to the banker in rattleton
Last edited by hansbleeb on Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

that riddle the alchemy practical lessons .!!!. i read some messages earlier here that the trick is in the name of the chamber.. now i try the mages guild to put the potions there.also the . alchemist guild. but nothing..

and i tried to enter the citadel but that fireball spyke trap corridor are to fast.. the fireball hits me everytime i jump in a side step !! is there a way to put the fireball off? the only trick for me is to have 2 healing chrystals shards and some resurection and healing potions and the fireshield spell (i died forever in the castle with the smokemonsters)
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello

I'm in the same situation with the riddle about the alchemy practical lesson. The answer seems obvious to everyone but us. Is there a soul good enough to give us the solution???

As for the citadel approach, AFAK there is no other way. The timing can be very tricky here but not impossible. Don't forget to buy with your golden keys a couple of items with fire resistance and to cast a fire shield spell before getting in. And as you may already know, you can safely enter a spikes tile after it has been activated and before the animation is finished. It helps gaining half a second...

Cheers,
Khollik
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

is the citadel a sadistical joke ?? first the trap then the snakes and heavy fire beasts !! a trick is jump in the canal along the castle and cast force field spells to avoid the lightning bolts and run to the east side. by the ladder kill the snakes first one by one hit the fire beasts with good blades and rage potions and hit them in the back ! if one of them is dead he leaves a citadel bridge key!! and 2 or 3 party members are already dead. how to open the grate on the west to the garden with the pond?? i hope to see a wind portal to activate a trigger inside the castle? time for horror part 3 (i spent all the potions , out of food again ) the smoke monster!! he cannot killed so activate the levers quick and you are caged a medusa (or that other flying screeming idiot) fried your in the cage coffin closed game over!! how many enemies are waiting for me in that themepark fair ghostcastle further? ??. maybe its better to play the easy way further first but what to do now ??i solves the letter puzzle in the forgotten god shrine.. i played now 63 hours.. and visit 22 levels just 10 to go..
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Adrageron wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:23 am * Warning! Mod can be unstable on "Easy" difficulty setting! Please, choose "Normal" or "Hard".
What does "unstable" mean in this context?
Does it crash?
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

nothing happens on easy i play easy for 60 hours now! i play always every mod and every game on easy.. i am not a fighter and i prefer face to face combat and not squaredancing
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:05 am What does "unstable" mean in this context?
Does it crash?
Some scripted scenes may hang on (and stop the game progress) cause monsters on easy sometimes refuse to follow orders :)
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hello

That's it, I just beat the game in hard mode! Actually, apart from the scavengers corridor in the Pyramid, it was easier than I thought.

I'm still missing 5 secrets though, but I don't have the energy to find them all, for instance:
SpoilerShow
Alchemy practical lesson
I didn't understand how to get to the chest next to the entrance of the gem mine
Also I think I missed one secret in Grimwood, I only found 2 out of 3
Again, well done Adrageron, for you mod very cleverly designed. I had lot of fun playing it (twice).

Cheers,
Khollik