MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Komag

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by Komag »

IIRC, you have to go all the way to the right and left sides since I made it three wide.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Black Snow

Post by Black Snow »

I tried a lot of sequences on 5-4-40 .... I don't seem too find my way to the truth . :(
Komag

Post by Komag »

You can never get them all at the same time, but take turns setting some closed and walking over them. Also, don't forget about tossing or shooting items to hit buttons or land on pressure plates.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Hi Komag.

First off, LOVED your walkthrough of ORR2 on Youtube. You're very entertaining to watch.

Anyway...
SpoilerShow
Killed the cube. So now working on finding my way out. Problem? I can't make potions fast enough to keep up with the constant earthquakes. Eventually, my guys will all be dead. I honestly don't know how anybody gets beyond this point. So I'm gonna just stop here unless there is some hidden secret to stopping the earthquakes, which I haven't found yet. I did go back up to the level above (sealed entrance is now unsealed) and back down to 11 (the area that looks like it's from the Bloodwych mod) but that's as far as I've gotten. In the meantime, these, what appears to be 10 second timed quakes, are just murder.
Otherwise, great job on the mod of the original game. Really enjoyed it. Well, up to here anyway, LOL.

Thanks for all the work you did on this.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Thanks for your words. Not sure what's going on with the quakes, I don't recall them being so often (although they are supposed to get more frequent the lower you go until finally they stop). Maybe you could enable the console and do some cheat heals just so you can see the final room which is the coolest in the entire dungeon! Anyway, glad you enjoyed it! :)
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Komag wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:56 am Thanks for your words. Not sure what's going on with the quakes, I don't recall them being so often (although they are supposed to get more frequent the lower you go until finally they stop). Maybe you could enable the console and do some cheat heals just so you can see the final room which is the coolest in the entire dungeon! Anyway, glad you enjoyed it! :)
Yeah, the quakes are REALLY out of control. lol. But still enjoyed this much. You're a great modder.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:39 am
Komag wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:56 am Thanks for your words. Not sure what's going on with the quakes, I don't recall them being so often (although they are supposed to get more frequent the lower you go until finally they stop). Maybe you could enable the console and do some cheat heals just so you can see the final room which is the coolest in the entire dungeon! Anyway, glad you enjoyed it! :)
Yeah, the quakes are REALLY out of control. lol. But still enjoyed this much. You're a great modder.
Don't dally and the quakes are no problem.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Okay, this is what I did.
SpoilerShow
I reloaded the game to just after I killed the cube. I then went through the portal on the level where you find all the parts for the cube (forget the number) and went back up to the level where the cube was. Found the entrance was now open again, went up the stairs, found the stairs to the level above that was blocked off, went to the right and discovered a hole where the wall used to be and went through that. I then continued down each stairs (had to hack console a couple of times to do this) until I made it to level 13 where the dragon statue appears to be blocking another stairway down but can't be sure. It appears that what I have to do is somehow get that dragon statue out of the way in order to get down to level 14. That's where I'm stuck. I see no buttons on the walls (similar to ORR2) to move statues around. So I have no idea how to get that statue out of the way, if that's even what I need to do. Just guessing here.
That's where I am. In the meantime, I can't seem to find the hack code for healing the whole party. I've tried a couple of things but nothing worked.

Any assistance (at least a hint) on the above will be greatly appreciated.

I'm determined not to give up. LOL
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:37 pm I can't seem to find the hack code for healing the whole party.
There is none. Never was.

The puzzle you are at is a variant of others you already did. Just recall switches are not always buttons.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Dr.Disaster wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:11 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:37 pm I can't seem to find the hack code for healing the whole party.
There is none. Never was.

The puzzle you are at is a variant of others you already did. Just recall switches are not always buttons.
Yeah, I see that there are also pressure plates all over. I'll give those a shot but there's only so long I'm going to wrack my brains over this.