[MOD] The Guardians

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Pompidom

Re: [MOD] The Guardians

Post by Pompidom »

I finally found it :)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

The trickster doing his custom animation when you offer him "boring" items is nice!
Can I go somewhere else to get more stuff? I'm on Hard difficulty and it is brutally hard on that difficulty lol. Citadel map after the firetrap is currently too hard for me, I feel like I barely scratched the surface of this mod. as I have unlocked only 4 teleports so far.

Kinda feel dumb that I didn't take firearms up now that I found
SpoilerShow
arquebus +2.
Managed to enchant 1 heavy plate armor from +12 armor to +20 armor.
The puzzle with the "letter letters" still eludes me.
SpoilerShow
I found the "party hat room opened by 3 blue gems?" 8 alcoves that I suppose you have to put in the 8 letters? A hint would be nice. I only managed to find 6 :/
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Pompidom wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:23 pm The trickster doing his custom animation when you offer him "boring" items is nice!
Wish there would be more caracters in LoG2 with such rich animation choise :)
Can I go somewhere else to get more stuff?
Sure you can!
SpoilerShow
Just activate Watcher in the Swamp.

I found the "party hat room opened by 3 blue gems?" 8 alcoves that I suppose you have to put in the 8 letters? A hint would be nice. I only managed to find 6 :/
These letters are not hidden inside secrets, you can find them in different places, scattered around this location.
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

I'm in Grimwood and found a note in the caverns below talking about a
SpoilerShow
dead tree, a lantern and a treasure chest between them. I found the dead tree and there is a lantern to the east but in between is only a tree and I can't dig there. I tried several spots in this area but found nothing. There is a treasure chest in some kind of rock structure to the east. But this chest is not between the lantern and the dead tree on top of the hill.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Banaora wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:56 amI'm in Grimwood and found a note in the caverns below talking about a...
If you'll find the right spot, you will not miss it ;)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Some spots are annoying to no ends. Immobile spore pods raining death with poison in cramped areas and the unavoidable spiketraps in the mines on every crossroad feels artificially placed simply to cause frustration.
SpoilerShow
I feel like the Teacher shop (experience shop) is completely pointless at this time. +2000 experience for the price of a red gem is peanuts :) and feels unbalanced to the other things you can buy/do with gems. Even at +5000 I would still find it a waste of resources. But it would be slighty less crappy. Especially with the way the experience table of log2 works exponentially more experience needed just for 1 level.

Also mining becomes in some cases a net loss. Especially when you gain nothing or simply a stone.
Is mining a fixed charge system or does the pickaxe break by random chance? (not a fan if it's random) I feel like I wasted too many green gems on pickaxes alone and get less in return than I paid for. I feel it could use a slight buff so you can at least mine 1 or 2 times more with it.
SpoilerShow
I have only found 1 secret ratling shop that buys firearms related stuff, is there a secret ratling shop that buys shoes and leather armor and various items like shields?
My strategy on Hard for now was to simply have 2 backrow alchemists multiplying and stockpiling as many herbs as possible, spend every single red gem in herbs and unlock as many windgates as possible, then chug away 100+ rage potions on my barbarian and then use the windgates quickly to dispatch all the bosses/tough encounters with 1 hit kills everywhere in the mod that were impossible to clear with a normal party. It takes more than 2 hours before the strength gain is back to normal levels. That's more than 2 hours time where you can bumrush just about everything with onehit kills.

But definitely a great mod from start to finish especially considering for version 1.0
Many secrets and quests/milestones escaped my grasp when I "finished" the mod.
I think I missed just about everything! :D But I simply ran out of strength and wanted to see the ending :)

Definitely will try and "dig" deeper in your mod to uncover quests and riddles with an updated version.
Last edited by Pompidom on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

@Pompidom
Thanks for your suggestions, I will consider them.
That's more than 2 hours time where you can bumrush just about everything with onehit kills.
If you can make a video of this part, it would be a great show! 8-)
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

SpoilerShow
It gets even better, 1 blue gem equals 1 trollblood potion and 1 rage potion worth of herbs.
1 red gem = 15 blue gems
That's 15 rage potions and 15 trollblood potions for 1 red gem.
So basically +300 strength for each red gem.
That's one of the main reason why other options like the experience shop feel lackluster :)

I'd be happy to brainstorm in pm some balancing in case you consider it :)
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

I'm in the sunken halls right now. Specifically in the Hall of Peace.
SpoilerShow
And I want to restore peace. So I read the hint about putting the torch on the altar and now I'm missing something dead. I tried a skull but it doesn't work. It is the skeleton remains isn't it? If yes, I might have used them somewhere else :?
My second question about the sunken halls is how to
SpoilerShow
please the goddess. The first offering is not clear to me it says she is the goddess of rain and water and she likes plants. So I thought maybe holy water or any plant would do. The other stuff is clear I guess: 1 spice plant, 1 falconshyre, 1 etherweed, 1 torch, 1 wormroot, 1 of these nuts (can't remember what they are called) I got the one secret by offering the falconshyre first. Now do I have to put all of these in a specific order? A hint would be greatly appreciated. :D
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

SpoilerShow
The shrines to please the godess are spread out all over the mod.
It's one specific item for each stone table.
Just make sure to remember what to put down and every time you meet a table that resembles a godess stone table, just try these items.