[New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Lorial

Re: [New Mod] Falagar - A Journey

Post by Lorial »

hansbleeb wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:55 pm i am in the flowing sands, kill everythig i see there.
whad does this mean???...
There are three isolated boulders. Do like they did in the message, then step on the pressure plate before the entrance to the pyramide. Also, check out that lever a bit NW to the healing crystal, preferably at night. You need the golden key from the Fire Fortress to proceed, though. This is basically endgame content.
hansbleeb wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:55 pm and in the swamp grotto west there is a metal door that i didnt get open.. there is a place with a nice and a door must i lure the green beetles in it?
The one facing east (central position) cannot be opened due to a cave-in, blocking the way to where you fought the spores. The one near the entrance requires a key from the crab in the cage in the center.
hansbleeb wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:55 pm and a sort of bug? after digging a hole in the twigroot east you fall down to the crypt in a small room with a iron door...
Sounds thief-proof, have you tried replacing the 3 items you took out of the alcoves?
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

SpoilerShow
Sounds thief-proof, have you tried replacing the 3 items you took out of the alcoves?
i replace first the items with 3 other items but that was not good, then i replace ithe items with other items with the same weight (make combinations to reach the same weight).. that was also nog good!! and now i gonna try replace the 3 items with 3 items with exactly the same weight, for example the shield is 7 kilo and i gonna search for an item with the same weight (7 kilo,) . and i played only 17 levels from the 37 .. so the end level is far away.
thanks for this nice mindbreaking mod..
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

Since I keep getting requests for fixes in the Steam Workshop, simply use the updated version (1.2) from NexusMods instead.
Even if you own the Steam version, dropping the single dungeon file in the respective custom dungeon folder should be worth the extra minute spent.

I am currently considering an "easy entrance" option, boosting stats and spawning random or predefined helpful loot for starting parties. Perhaps even access to a healing crystal from the get go?! This might make the beginning significantly more easy, though.

If anyone feels like this is urgently needed, feel free to post your thoughts below.
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

The above mentioned "easy mode" will be added with the next update 1.3, uncluding an early healing crystal, some loot and a 100hp boost for the entire party. A new party now starts elsewhere with the option of two teleporters: The "Ordinary" one leaves everything as it is now, the other one for the "Faint of Heart" spawns the items and boosts the party.

Additionally, some helpful text wall advice for the Rutted Moor area will be added as many seemed to got lost in there (as intended ;) ). Amongst other minor changes/fixes/secrets, there will be a Rod of Wisp Summoning which works just like the Summon spell, a small new Catacomb area and a note hinting at the new healing system with common herbs.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Thanks for the advice with the crabs.

I'm playing 1.2 nexus
SpoilerShow
In the flowing sands I defeated the two big guys. Then took care of the Troll in the Crypt. I went back to the flowing sands to hand the sword to the statue the gate went down and I turned and the raptor attacked. I step into the gated area with the armor, After a few hacks i was teleported to the area on the side with the armor. The only way to go was down. So used the rope to get down to tomb entrance hall. I handled one or two mummies and know I am stuck. There is a panel on the floor and the button on the wall I was able to open the first door but not the second one. There is no way out.....
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

RacerX wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:19 pm Thanks for the advice with the crabs...
Just tested it and could leave without any issues, so it is no bug.
SpoilerShow
Did the pressure plate open the door next to it immediately or not...? ;)
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

RacerX wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:19 pm Thanks for the advice with the crabs.

I'm playing 1.2 nexus
SpoilerShow
In the flowing sands I defeated the two big guys. Then took care of the Troll in the Crypt. I went back to the flowing sands to hand the sword to the statue the gate went down and I turned and the raptor attacked. I step into the gated area with the armor, After a few hacks i was teleported to the area on the side with the armor. The only way to go was down. So used the rope to get down to tomb entrance hall. I handled one or two mummies and know I am stuck. There is a panel on the floor and the button on the wall I was able to open the first door but not the second one. There is no way out.....
i had the same.. i came out with the chrystal shard of recalling. . i am now in the highlands and the highlands caveren very apart!, a underground dungeon with snow !!
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

SpoilerShow
Yes the first door is opened next to the pressure plate. I thru a rock on the plate, pushed the button on the wall a couple times but the second door does not open
Lorial

Post by Lorial »

Hm, seems like it needs a little hint in 1.3 then.
SpoilerShow
You need to stay on top of the pressure plate, the doors open in intervalls (10s, 15s, 20s). If you leave the plate early, the timer gets reset. There is also a secret down there which can prove to be quite useful against some undead.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

That worked fine, glad to see it was not a bug......

Thanks