Daedulus Of Damned Souls Question

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
wagtunes

Daedulus Of Damned Souls Question

Post by wagtunes »

I don't know if anybody has played this mod but if you have, how do you get to level 11? I have completely exhausted all levels 1-10 and see no way of getting to level 11.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.
HypnoToad

Re: Daedulus Of Damned Souls Question

Post by HypnoToad »

Never heard of this game, where does one get it from?
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

HypnoToad wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 am Never heard of this game, where does one get it from?
It's a custom mod somebody made for Legends of Grimrock. You can download it from Steam.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Well, I had to return to this one to express my utter disappointment.

Finally, after exhausting every option I could think of, I hacked the console with a set party command in order to access level 11. No wonder the designer made it near impossible to get there. It's the laziest dungeon design I've ever seen in my life. Essentially the level is two rooms filled with modified scavengers. And when i say filled, I mean FILLED. There is one in every square, which is why it took me so long to find a place to transport to that didn't crash the game.

When you finally get through all these creatures, all you get is a journal with a message "You have reached the end of the dungeon. Here's your code to prove you made it."

No end theme or anything. There is no actual way to finish the dungeon. It was the most unsatisfying ending I have ever seen.

The thing that makes me angry is the designer clearly has the skills to make a complex and intricate dungeon. But he knows nothing about designing a satisfying gaming experience.

If there is anybody still playing LoG 1 (I'm sure there is still somebody out there) and you go to Steam looking for an adventure, stay away from this one. It will leave you nothing but frustrated.

And with that, I'm going to go back to playing either Bloodwych or ORR 2. Now THOSE are well designed dungeons. Kudos to those involved with them.