The Island of Korus

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
sapientCrow

Re: The Island of Korus

Post by sapientCrow »

hey there....
I am curious once I finally got the slime to open the area with Rogue set there is a lever...
I pull it and it seems to do nothing. There is a crystal flower on the ground inside and I figured the lever would open for me to get it...
Do I never go inside that area? I am still missing Rogue hood.
Dartaen

Post by Dartaen »

Hello,
I just finished the mod, yet I still miss some content and just cannot find it.

I am currently at 9/10 secrets and 3/6 treasures (10/17 epic items).

1. Secrets found (by map):
SpoilerShow
NW Old Shrine: 1
N Garden Vaults: 5
NE The Ruins: 1
Lost Dungeon: 1
The Depths: 1
2. Treasures found (by map):
SpoilerShow
NW Beach Depot: 1
SW Zarchton Lakes: 1
NE The Ruins: 1
3. Other things I wondered about:
SpoilerShow
a. I found a note in the Ruins ("Hammy" and "Ratty") about some loot. Is this about a treasure?
b. There is a small island in the SW area of the Castle Grounds which I cannot reach. It seems to have loot on it.
c. Is the "Undead armoury" in the Lost Dungeons a puzzle or there just for fun?
Would be thankful for any hints from anyone. Thanks!
edensgreen1

Post by edensgreen1 »

HI I just finished Isle of korus. I found 9/10 secrets, 9/17 epic and 3/6 treasures. I have the note saying thanks for playing
after defeating boss but anyone know where I go for finale?
Also I am wondering what the "cowboy film" note was all about?
Anyway I thought it was a great mod. Many tks to author. Do you have any others?
edensgreen1

Post by edensgreen1 »

Also wondering what was I supposed to do with the statuettes? I have 5 at the end.
Dartaen

Post by Dartaen »

Hello ian363, still with us? I am still stumped about all those missing secrets and treasures.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

I just passed the mod without any help on the internet in hard mode. Total playing time: 12 hours 05 minutes. 9/10 secrets. 3/6 treasures. 9/17 epic items.

I found it excellent in both puzzles, combats and history, I give it a 9 out of 10 score. The reason for not reaching the 10 is the slime puzzle and the labyrinth, that "made me bitter" and I spent about 1 or 2 hours trying things and getting desperate :D. On the other hand the "club puzzle", that I looked at the solution after passing the game, I think it is impossible to discover because there is no sign that gives you a clue that what you are trying is going the right way (a sound or something would have sufficed). Also to get the rogue's hat in that same level (this if I discovered it) is difficult for being a time puzzle (press the lever behind the walls of the slime puzzle and go quickly to the southwest island before the magic bridge disappears).

I wonder what secret and what 3 treasures I still have to discover, it would be nice if the creator made a guide of secrets and treasures, even if it was in a schematic way. Maybe in some time I will decide to play it again from scratch to try to discover everything and read all the notes I find in detail.

Thank you very much for creating this! Greetings from Spain.
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

Second gameplay starting from the beginning (always on Hard) and with a new group, already knowing the puzzles and trying to discover all the secrets and treasures. This is what I found:

9/10 secrets.
17/17 epic items.
6/6 treasures.
Playing time: 10 hours 5 minutes.

I missed a secret and I give up.

If anyone knows which one I'm missing I'd appreciate if you could tell me. I expose the location of the secrets and treasures that I discovered:
SpoilerShow

SECRETS:

1 in SW Old Shrine
5 in N Garden Vaults
1 in Lost Dungeons
1 in NE The Ruins
1 in The Depths

TREASURES:

1 in NW Beach Depot
1 in NE The Ruins
1 in SW Zarchton Lakes
1 in SE Beach
2 in The Maze

The complete Crystal armor is in a single treasure and near that treasure in crystal shield (6 epic items together).

I don't know what the note found in "The Maze" that says "The Dead End at 1926" means, I guess it has to do with one of the treasures, that I found it just by digging in all the dead ends (but not because I read it in the note but because I always do it). I don't understand where the number 1926 comes in.

I also don't know what the lever with the "One Teleport Off" plaque is for.

What is the use of the "flute" you find at the beginning of the game?

Greetings!
Belboz

Post by Belboz »

Apologies if this isn't posted where it's meant to be but this is my first post. MODS - please move/amend where required.

I've played both 1 and 2 and just finished MasterQuest. I am now looking for other mods to play.

This one interests me but I cannot find it on Steam.

Am I to understand that some mods are available on Steam and some just on Nexus?

Thanks to all in advance.

Belboz
DonEmilio

Post by DonEmilio »

That's right, some that are on steam are not on nexus and the other way around. I download them from Nexus, does Steam have any advantage?
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

The Steam version offers the U-Mod beta. This allows for the use of U-mods; mods that have access to previously inaccessible features and script functions.

*I don't have the Steam version myself, so this is second-hand experience.