Need Script Help With In Game Console

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
wagtunes

Need Script Help With In Game Console

Post by wagtunes »

Well, I've tried to do this on my own but I'm out of ideas.

I'm playing Akroma's "Labyrinth Of Lies" and have encountered a serious bug. One of the timers on level 13 did not shut off when I left level 13. In fact, it has run wild. It has spawned, what appears to be nearly an infinite number of creatures. Possibly every square has one. I don't know because I am trapped in a very strange part of the level. It leaves me almost immune to their attacks which is great for staying alive but only as long as I stay on this one square.

The only reason I have returned to this level is because after leaving, with the timer running wild, every second another message pops up. I don't mind the messages so much, annoying as they are, but the sound that plays with each message gets nerve wracking after a while.

So ideally, I need two scripts to be able to copy and paste into the console.

Script 1 - A script that will completely clear out the level of creatures. I think now that I have returned, the timer has stopped and the creatures have stopped spawning. I need to clear them out so I can find the remaining nests and destroy them to stop the respawning once and for all.

If I can't get a destroy all monster script, I'll settle for one that destroys the monster directly in front of me. It will at least speed up the process of clearing out the level. Ideally, if there is a way to activate the "K" key (that we have in the editor to kill monsters for testing) that would be even better.

Script 2 - If there is no way to kill the monsters quickly then a script that will stop these messages from popping up. I gather I would need the exact timer number in order to do this. Akroma hasn't returned to the thread here since December 1 so it's doubtful I will get this info from him.

Ironically, I no longer really need to be on level 13. I got the ancient weapon and whatever else I needed from the level. I only returned to try to stop these annoying messages.

Is there anybody who can help me? I know we have some expert coders here. Certainly somebody can think of something.

Thanks in advance.
THOM

Re: Need Script Help With In Game Console

Post by THOM »

Why don't you ask akroma222 himself? Maybe he can identify the timer and can tell you how to stop It?
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by wagtunes »

THOM wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 pm Why don't you ask akroma222 himself? Maybe he can identify the timer and can tell you how to stop It?
As I pointed out above, I posted about this problem at the beginning of the month and he hasn't returned to the forum since. That is why I am opening this thread as a last resort.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:32 pm Script 1 - A script that will completely clear out the level of creatures. I think now that I have returned, the timer has stopped and the creatures have stopped spawning. I need to clear them out so I can find the remaining nests and destroy them to stop the respawning once and for all.
Removes all monsters on the current level

Code: Select all

for entity in allEntities(party.level) do 
	if entity.class == "Monster" then 
		entity:destroy() 
	end 
end 
If you only want to remove one type of monster

if (entity.class == "Monster") and (entity.name == "crowern") then 
	end 
end 
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:13 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:32 pm Script 1 - A script that will completely clear out the level of creatures. I think now that I have returned, the timer has stopped and the creatures have stopped spawning. I need to clear them out so I can find the remaining nests and destroy them to stop the respawning once and for all.
Removes all monsters on the current level

if entity.class == "Monster" then 
	end 
end 
If you only want to remove one type of monster

if (entity.class == "Monster") and (entity.name == "crowern") then 
	end 
end 
Thank you very much. I'll give this a shot and see if it works. Will report back either way.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Okay, that did it. I managed to destroy the last egg nest and the messages have stopped after leaving the level.

The rest, I'm going to have to wait for his return. The Gnome Globe that he uses in the video posted does not behave the way it does in the current version of the game and I can't get it to work. So I'm going to need for him to explain to me what the difference is between his version and the one I'm running. I did post this in the Labyrinth of Lies main thread so hopefully he'll return eventually.

Thank you again for your help. At least now I can continue without those messages popping up every second.
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

You'll just have to wait for him to pop in. I know he is active still as I have seen him post recently.