mod called "Falagar" ???

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
spartacus55

mod called "Falagar" ???

Post by spartacus55 »

hi everyone :D
on youtube I found a playlist of videos on a german mod called "Falagar" :|
but I can not find it neither on nexus nor on the Steam Workshop :cry:
does any of you know it and know where I can download it ?
thanks in advance :mrgreen:

p.s.
sorry for my bad english
I'm Italian
Banaora

Re: mod called "Falagar" ???

Post by Banaora »

I also found it on youtube. From what I understand the playlist is from the author, so you could write him and ask. As far as I know there is no download available yet.
arskaxx

Post by arskaxx »

Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

Please add to nexus for all non steam users

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

So far I have 3 hours invested in the mod.

I have a bunch of good things to say about the mod. It's a pleasant experience so far, so I keep playing it for now.
I also have a bunch of annoyances to complain about.

It's a clutter frenzy of useless inferior custom items not worth picking up or dragging along.

Most custom classes/races don't make any sense and are super weak compared to others combined with not knowing what to expect or know in advance if certain strategies are viable or not.

The safest and surest bet was just to create 2 Warrior Trolls with Troll armor and Troll regeneration and 2 Alchemist Trolls skilled as casters with wands. Massive HP / Energy with massive HP and Energy regeneration.
My Troll warriors are only level 5 and already have 200 HP and can cast Shield for high armor values. In the starter dungeon you will find 2 Tower shields that are basically a weapon and +11 protection in 1 with super short cooldowns making any other weapon useless.

Playing on Hard yet the mod is far too easy. Too many Herbs / potions lying around. you can simply facetank much everything.

The biggest annoyance so far is that bandages are required to fix any broken limbs. Healing potions don't fix limbs. So for the past 2 hours my front row is running around with broken legs as there is a serious shortage on bandages. So far I had to console spawn over 30 bandages. As they have a very small chance to actually "treat" your injuries.

For now I have only seen 1 healing crystal, but it's locked behind a gate.

For now I'm just gonna give people a heads up.
If you come across buttons (any kind) secret button or not. Just keep clicking them. The mod is full with buttons that need to be clicked multiple times, even buttons that have openend certain doors, will open more doors if you just keep clicking them.
This makes no sense at all. therefor, be warned.
Long story short, press every button at least 7 times, just make sure you always click them for an uneven amount of times for obvious reasons.

Also placing stones behind gratings. Just do it even on spots where it doesn't make sense to place something behind it. There are invisible pressure plates/invisible teleports for items behind them sometimes.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Thanks for the review, I'm an non steam user so I agree it would be nice to see it on

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2

Looking forward to trying it out.....
arskaxx

Post by arskaxx »

RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Hi

That link works fine, I can see a many new classes. I'll test it out...

Thanks
Pompidom

Post by Pompidom »

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1574086606

I'm now 8 hours in, the mod is exactly like the author said it was.

Don't expect a story, just many "default" maps.

It certainly looks like a lot of time has been spent making this mod. A lot of time spent creating on default looking maps.

It contains bugs like triggers not connected to anything error messages. Error messages from certain monsters brain or movement and the combat system errors. And lots of missing visuals from assets placed on the wrong side.
So it's hard to say if it is the author's fault or the player's fault when you're genuinely stuck with no way out. Some "magic_bridge" console cheat spawning certainly proved useful to become unstuck in 2 areas already. In the desert I fell down a small dungeon with no way out whatsoever as well.

It's enjoyable at most. As long you don't mind "helping" yourself with the console. But i'm not sure I will finish it till the end.
It's basically more of the same like the default campaign.
A long campaign of many maps of default placement of default assets with some monsters, buttons and doors thrown in.

Combined with custom classes/races/traits and custom items/spells/potions.

It's just that the addition of all the custom stuff doesn't really make a difference or make any sense. It feels forced.
Fevers, diseases and getting poisoned all the time feels more obnoxious than a solid gameplay mechanic.

Creating 2 tank characters as frontrow and 2 magic users backrow is a solid strategy from the very start.
Fireburst, frostburst (custom skill) and shockburst will have maximum efficiency from level 1.

Being 8 hours in and considering everything I came across so far, I'm glad with the choices of race and classes I picked. 4 Trolls.
2 Warrior Trolls maxxing on Vitality and Strength and 2 Alchemist trolls used as magic casters. Throw in some bear form potions with rage potions for the tougher enemies. Bonus stats + resistances basically the lack of valid items you find for all the other classes/traits (for example 8 hours in with only 2 skulls found and 1 trinket)
The alchemists can easily be replaced by battle mages.

My frontrow is indestructable armed with a shield in each hand while the backrow conjures firewalls and air and frost spells obliterating everything it comes across.

Custom classes like monks and pirates will probably just add frustration. They can't tank and it will take ages before you find a decent weapon for them. Taking a Dark wizard class makes no sense either, no HP means instant death every time you're hit by some aoe which happens more often than it should.

Basically most classes and races are probably there for the few people that like to "roleplay" and gimp themselves.
Which probably explains why the game is so easy so that the weaker classes/races don't get butchered.

Secret areas contain too much overpowered stuff compared to the garbage you find normally. Missing these secrets means you miss out on a lot of valuable equipment. For example I decided to use my shovel randomly on a spot that felt like "digworthy" and digging revealed a secret pitfall with a secret dungeon containing skillpoint tome, crystal flower and a shitload of herbs.

I was afraid that the custom skillpoint potion that you can craft with herbs would break the balance entirely, but it turns out you need 3 crystal flowers for 1 skillpoint so I'm pleased about that. Even with my 2 alchemists I will never overpower myself with a bunch of free skillpoints.

It could have been a great mod if the author wasn't limiting himself by the 100 MB steam mod workshop limit.
Some custom music and some more custom assets with variable WorldPosition placements would have solved the "default" looks.
Mal85

Post by Mal85 »

It has been on my steam workshop for a couple days now. I have not yet gave it the runthrough.