FINISTERRAE version 2.3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Duncan1246

Re: FINISTERRAE version 2.3

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi,
The Bridge area huh and 5 4 1 note?
Yes, I made a mistake: you have already explored North of Underwaste (where you have found the book of runes). So your goal in Underwaste is to reach the three doors of the extreme West room (beyond the "1" bridge) and to open them to access further.
The "wizard house" is above the rooms of the King, at the south end of the upper bridge.
So there is more in Sunken to dig?
If you have found the "Life" scroll to the "Death", I think it's all
The map I found ...

Have you visited the small "museum" in Flame River? A secret lies there, with the key of the laboratory and above all the special map.
This button door eludes me as it has letters instead of runic symbols and I tried all the variations
You speak of the door in Crossroads? Have you read something about Aerion Heir Brotherhood? :idea:
You can find a note of a prisoner in the jail of Candles Tower on AHB.
One of the notes from Athanor and the Aerion Grocers notes in book both crash game.

Damned! I have to test this.
This text was in Arcanum: "Deeply connected to Nature, the Fir Bolg associate all important acts with animal figures
During ceremonies , shamans were used to wear bear trophies
They were holding a red orb meant to represent life.
The most important rituals took place at night or in deep caves
"
I have no Ruby Key

It's the key to access the upper dome of the bridge house. Perhaps you haven't noticed, in the Perethian library in Aerion how to open the secret door from within? The same object work also in the throne room in the bridge house, and give you the ruby key.

I think you haven't explored some underground sanctuaries like Fir Bolg Sanctuary (under Rock Cave), Life Tower (under Twisted Forest) or not completed them if you haven't more essences. ALL the maps have underground levels, some have two or three different. Also, finding the essences altars or the essence itself is always the most difficult part of each map, as in Sunken the sqeleton/skull puzzle, the riddles in Life Tower, the Fir Bolg stones rituals, etc...
Duncan
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:12 pm Hi,
The Bridge area huh and 5 4 1 note?
Yes, I made a mistake: you have already explored North of Underwaste (where you have found the book of runes). So your goal in Underwaste is to reach the three doors of the extreme West room (beyond the "1" bridge) and to open them to access further.
The "wizard house" is above the rooms of the King, at the south end of the upper bridge.
So there is more in Sunken to dig?
If you have found the "Life" scroll to the "Death", I think it's all
The map I found ...

Have you visited the small "museum" in Flame River? A secret lies there, with the key of the laboratory and above all the special map.
This button door eludes me as it has letters instead of runic symbols and I tried all the variations
You speak of the door in Crossroads? Have you read something about Aerion Heir Brotherhood? :idea:
You can find a note of a prisoner in the jail of Candles Tower on AHB.
One of the notes from Athanor and the Aerion Grocers notes in book both crash game.

Damned! I have to test this.
This text was in Arcanum: "Deeply connected to Nature, the Fir Bolg associate all important acts with animal figures
During ceremonies , shamans were used to wear bear trophies
They were holding a red orb meant to represent life.
The most important rituals took place at night or in deep caves
"
I have no Ruby Key

It's the key to access the upper dome of the bridge house. Perhaps you haven't noticed, in the Perethian library in Aerion how to open the secret door from within? The same object work also in the throne room in the bridge house, and give you the ruby key.

I think you haven't explored some underground sanctuaries like Fir Bolg Sanctuary (under Rock Cave), Life Tower (under Twisted Forest) or not completed them if you haven't more essences. ALL the maps have underground levels, some have two or three different. Also, finding the essences altars or the essence itself is always the most difficult part of each map, as in Sunken the sqeleton/skull puzzle, the riddles in Life Tower, the Fir Bolg stones rituals, etc...
Duncan
Ok I just ended up stuck in the Arcanum after lowering the force fields completely. Now the force field for entrance is up and I see no way to open it?? Also I figured out everything as far as head riddles up to the point where I had to press buttons. I went through the readme walkthrough to solve that part and it still doesnt make sense.

The secret door from within or make that how to close it and re-open took any item. It took a scroll or the compass on it. I figured it had nothing to do with anything and I would not ever have made the correlation between the throne room in Underwaste and Perethan. I would likely add a clue or riddle to connect that to there and also perhaps check to see about that secret door. I also ran into the same issue with secret found but nothing happening in Cian Mausoleum where you put the runic tiles. Since I knew it was a bug I kept trying more combinations of runic tiles. Eventually I got the exp message and the teleporter activated. This was at the Air Balance one. Seemed like the spirit balance room worked but it maybe because the water teleporter was activated because I got another secret found message in spirit balance runic tile room but never got any exp message. Also if you pull the Loki levers that he releases monsters from after the fight it crashes to desktop.

I just slept at the Stone of Fal for an entire cycle and each hour tested standing at the stone with bear glove and zhandul orb and I have not gotten that cover your head message again nor has anything occurred.

Yes I can get matter essence, earth essence, placed balance in arcanum, got life from riddles in life tower entering from twisted forest, got fire and water, I can craft air and no idea on Death as I found its altar in Octa but 2 doors are still closed there (can I take my skeleton figurine and skulls back from that place with no problem? Not sure why I deactivated those traps there did not seem to be no secret buttons there.

Speaking of secrets I now have 20/23 5/5 treasures...

And doh... I forgot about that note speaking of AHB. I thought it was a unique method for runes since at different angles I can still make out the rune symbols.

Guess I have to console port out of arcanum unless it is intended I exit from mountain of eight

I ended up saving my power gems since I did not know if activating them in a certain order does something so I waited to use balance except the water and fire which seem needed for the area they are in but I have not replaced them on altar yet in wasteland and back in quarry.

What note tells me how to open the forcefield where compass is? From a bookshelf in Perethans house or one in Underwaste?
If it is 5 4 1 I do have 1 down all the way in water, 5 is all the way up and 4 all the way down in water.

In the forge where you use ore the crucible is not open after following.
I entered value in machine at bottom it turns green
I go up put all the ore needed in outlets and pull power levers (there are 3 of them) they all turn green.
Supposedly now the central area should have a ladder to a start up lever and a place to put gold but there is nothing open on top center.
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi sapientCrow,
I have some difficulties to understand what you say...
after lowering the force fields completely. Now the force field for entrance is up and I see no way to open it??
Lowering all the force fields suppose solve the riddles and find the buttons sequences, so I can't understand. Also you have an access by the upper way (the way to the beacon)
...re-open took any item

No, I tested it just now, reopen is only possible with the compass. But if you leave the compass in the bookshelf and add any other object , secret door open too. Without the compass, nothing happens. You have several clues but no direct links: Perethian library, throne room in house bridge and Candles Tower in the upper room show a similar symbol (the dogs in circle) related to the same Lord who signs the scroll in the throne room. And the goal is to find... a cursed compass mentioned in a scroll in the Perethian library. Direct links can only works in a linear mod with no choice: none of the others bookshelves in the game (and they are plenty) use that particular key. The compass is a sort of signature of one man.
Stone of Fal for an entire cycle ... anything occurred
The Zandul Orb is intended to be used by a wizard, so all the ceremonial has to be made by a wizard. I hope you have one? In the other case, the Stone of Fal give only bonuses, so it's not so important.
no idea on Death as I found its altar in Octa but 2 doors are still closed
What doors? the portcullis in the North? Their access is NE corner of Sunken. Have you found in a chest in the center of Sunken a "Message of Life" with a horn? This horn is the key to the Death beacon: "My messengers will employ this instrument,
Born in life and sculpted by death,
To tear you off from your frozen loneliness.
"
can I take my skeleton figurine and skulls back from that place with no problem?
When you have awaken the beacon, you can.
What note tells me how to open the forcefield where compass is? From a bookshelf in Perethans house or one in Underwaste?
As I said, in the bridge house in Underwaste, the signed note.
Question at forge because I do not want to run up and down ladders while enemies respawn
No way, but the respawn lower with time. Two goals in here: first, find the rooms of the Nemedian Lord of this map, second (and optional) crafting armors.
...does that mean 2 in each receptacle or 2 total?...

2 total but: from a text in library of Athanor: "Warning: the athanor will not work if one of the basic elements is missing in one of the chambers, even if it is not directly involved in the product . Follow in this text all explanations to craft using the panel.
The quantities indicated by the panel will be subtracted from the different receptacles and the machine works until some mineral is missing or one chamber lack of one basic elements.
I don't understand (perhaps my bad english) some of your sentences like "Guess I have to...".
Something more: power gems is needed to make the essences (intentionally you can find more of them than necessary). Then essences have to be used on the beacons, the next step is to explore Mountain of the Eight (where they are teleported)
Cheers
Duncan

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:50 pm Hi sapientCrow,
I have some difficulties to understand what you say...
after lowering the force fields completely. Now the force field for entrance is up and I see no way to open it??
Lowering all the force fields suppose solve the riddles and find the buttons sequences, so I can't understand. Also you have an access by the upper way (the way to the beacon)
...re-open took any item

No, I tested it just now, reopen is only possible with the compass. But if you leave the compass in the bookshelf and add any other object , secret door open too. Without the compass, nothing happens. You have several clues but no direct links: Perethian library, throne room in house bridge and Candles Tower in the upper room show a similar symbol (the dogs in circle) related to the same Lord who signs the scroll in the throne room. And the goal is to find... a cursed compass mentioned in a scroll in the Perethian library. Direct links can only works in a linear mod with no choice: none of the others bookshelves in the game (and they are plenty) use that particular key. The compass is a sort of signature of one man.
Stone of Fal for an entire cycle ... anything occurred
The Zandul Orb is intended to be used by a wizard, so all the ceremonial has to be made by a wizard. I hope you have one? In the other case, the Stone of Fal give only bonuses, so it's not so important.
no idea on Death as I found its altar in Octa but 2 doors are still closed
What doors? the portcullis in the North? Their access is NE corner of Sunken. Have you found in a chest in the center of Sunken a "Message of Life" with a horn? This horn is the key to the Death beacon: "My messengers will employ this instrument,
Born in life and sculpted by death,
To tear you off from your frozen loneliness.
"
can I take my skeleton figurine and skulls back from that place with no problem?
When you have awaken the beacon, you can.
As I said, in the bridge house in Underwaste, the signed note.
Question at forge because I do not want to run up and down ladders while enemies respawn
No way, but the respawn lower with time. Two goals in here: first, find the rooms of the Nemedian Lord of this map, second (and optional) crafting armors.
...does that mean 2 in each receptacle or 2 total?...

2 total but: from a text in library of Athanor: "Warning: the athanor will not work if one of the basic elements is missing in one of the chambers, even if it is not directly involved in the product . Follow in this text all explanations to craft using the panel.
The quantities indicated by the panel will be subtracted from the different receptacles and the machine works until some mineral is missing or one chamber lack of one basic elements.
I don't understand (perhaps my bad english) some of your sentences like "Guess I have to...".
Something more: power gems is needed to make the essences (intentionally you can find more of them than necessary). Then essences have to be used on the beacons, the next step is to explore Mountain of the Eight (where they are teleported)
Cheers
Duncan
aha... I had not used the horn I was wondering what that was used for

what note in underwaste who is it signed by? I have so many notes now. And often times the magic tome adds notes as it thinks I already found something and some notes do not get put in. If you are talking about the note about the rune book and the power gems where the wizard was I got that. I used rune book to unlock the cages but the compass is not unlocked along with other force fields. I can not remember what I picked up in that room if there was another note and in the magic book only that draft letter exists from underwaste. I also have not opened the central area in Loki's Cross yet and as per the note that says to cross over as loki does I need to do something in there before compass?

ahh ok now I understand at stone of fal... I had a wizard last time but I restarted because of infinite food with 2 farmers and a barbarian and alchemist so I swapped out wizard. So does the ceremony at stone just give bonuses like the digging up of the horn chest when it says blessed by life?

I used console to teleport out of the arcanum. I could not get force field to go away. I did everything in there and opened all force fields for the snake men and the archers but for some strange reason now there was a force field blocking my exit to the main stairs I entered from. Even after I killed everything.

At the forge I have followed instructions all 3 power stations are lit green and the lower console where I input what I wanted to make is green but where is the activation lever or the place to put gold ore? Edit: I figured it out and found the ladder up to crucible.
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi,
what note in underwaste who is it signed by?
In a bookshelf in the throne room of bridge house : "... So I choose my emblems: movement and direction,
to reveal as much as to hide.
Seathrun
"
... I could not get force field to go away
To deactivate this force field, you have to kill four monsters, two dark acolyte and two medusa released by the 4 central force fields. If one of them stay alive, you can't go out. If you have killed them, it will be a bug, but I don't see any issue in the script even if you have saved the game before killing all of them. Anyway, if you accessed all the rooms and put the essence on the beacon, it's all in Arcanum. If something isn't done, supposing a bug (but I can't reproduce it), return in then use the console again to go out.
the place to put gold ore?
Explanation in the same text in the Athanor library...
Duncan

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:50 pm Hi,
what note in underwaste who is it signed by?
In a bookshelf in the throne room of bridge house : "... So I choose my emblems: movement and direction,
to reveal as much as to hide.
Seathrun
"
... I could not get force field to go away
To deactivate this force field, you have to kill four monsters, two dark acolyte and two medusa released by the 4 central force fields. If one of them stay alive, you can't go out. If you have killed them, it will be a bug, but I don't see any issue in the script even if you have saved the game before killing all of them. Anyway, if you accessed all the rooms and put the essence on the beacon, it's all in Arcanum. If something isn't done, supposing a bug (but I can't reproduce it), return in then use the console again to go out.
the place to put gold ore?
Explanation in the same text in the Athanor library...
Duncan
So since Seathrun is master of Water the fifth and of Wasteland. I face Wasteland and run around that room until I figure out the movement?

Ahh I got it... spin!! hooray
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

So since Seathrun is master of Water the fifth and of Wasteland. I face Wasteland and run around that room until I figure out the movement?

You are warming... but one step more: first the ruby key, the door above and some dance steps :D

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:54 am

You are warming... but one step more: first the ruby key, the door above and some dance steps :D
Yay I got it now. Now in Loki's Cross it seems I missed a ice guardian statue somewhere....
I have awakened all essences but spirit... (do some of the altars not show the orbs and just light up? Also some do not speak either and some seem to give exp and others nothing??) Maybe I messed up in awakening them in a certain order?
2 curtains a crown door in Loki's Cross to open.... I think the Mountain one will need an item from Mountain but the Ice Guardian should I have 2 already? I only have 1.
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi,
Yay I got it now. Now in Loki's Cross it seems I missed a ice guardian statue somewhere....
I have awakened all essences but spirit... (do some of the altars not show the orbs and just light up? Also some do not speak either and some seem to give exp and others nothing??) Maybe I messed up in awakening them in a certain order?
2 curtains a crown door in Loki's Cross to open.... I think the Mountain one will need an item from Mountain but the Ice Guardian should I have 2 already? I only have 1.
The spirit is related to ... Mountain of the Eight, so it's the place to got it (after some fights :mrgreen: ). If you have placed the others essences on the beacons, you see them now on the beacons of the Mountain. No order except for fire and water (if I remember well, water came first). But as you need squeletons, keys or whatsoever to solve some puzzles, an objective order take place without to think about it.
One of the portals in Loki's Cross give direct access to the heart of the Mountain, so you can't use it before you manage to open the access from the Mountain itself. You can find three ice_guardian figurines : 2 in chests in the Mausoleum of the Third, one in a chest in the secret room on upper level of Candles Tower
Seem you have forgotten to pick up some? :lol:
Duncan

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:05 am Hi,
The spirit is related to ... Mountain of the Eight, so it's the place to got it (after some fights :mrgreen: ). If you have placed the others essences on the beacons, you see them now on the beacons of the Mountain. No order except for fire and water (if I remember well, water came first). But as you need squeletons, keys or whatsoever to solve some puzzles, an objective order take place without to think about it.
One of the portals in Loki's Cross give direct access to the heart of the Mountain, so you can't use it before you manage to open the access from the Mountain itself. You can find three ice_guardian figurines : 2 in chests in the Mausoleum of the Third, one in a chest in the secret room on upper level of Candles Tower
Seem you have forgotten to pick up some? :lol:
Duncan
haha... I missed an easy one. Did the tomb key allow me to use the water runes to open other doors or did I just not check that? IN mausoleum of 3rds.

Also I have 5 seals right now 234 and 67. I am missing 1 and 5 and I am guessing these are found on living Heptarchs?
I wonder if I go back to machine in Flame's Quarry now or go into Pyramid first... only thing is I wonder can I pull balance from Arcanum... hmmm

bug: pushing button twice in pyramid crashes game (the button following fire and spirit rune sarcophagus'.
also seems matter and spirit for honoring are switched. the key I got with spirit took matter gem the key I got with matter took spirit gem... and there is a random water rune in fire head room on floor... perhaps that will make sense later?

I am stuck at Pyramid. I placed rune to get downstairs and then took them back. I then opened spear gates with button and lever and went again downstairs. I solved the wall rune buttons and then got tomb keys with runic tiles and then took runic tiles back. I then opened doors with tomb keys and got power gems using method to honor the dead and took gems back. I placed power gems in eyes of face and they shot lightning once and I took gems out of eyes. I did this for both sides but the spear gates at entrance is not open and I see no other pathway forward. I also took the essences from pedestals outside before going in.
Last edited by sapientCrow on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:55 am, edited 3 times in total.