FINISTERRAE version 2.3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Duncan1246

Re: FINISTERRAE version 2.3

Post by Duncan1246 »

You get it!
The Blue Monastery (LOG1)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/399/?

Finisterrae(LOG2)
download at:http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/61/?
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 pm You get it!
Ok I am going nuts with the snake respawn. Does the altar require something I will get a clue for later?
SpoilerShow
I have tried snail, skeleton, crowern skull scope, pendants chuch and tait, dagda hammer, nuad sword, lyft sceptre, and both last sets of runic tiles earth air balance and spirit matter balance. also tried the flask of water
sometimes i get 2 snakes sometimes 1 but they respawn it seems when I place an item and take it off...

can you give me a hint?
SpoilerShow
also went back to where I put the fire air water in alcoves and tried the remaining 2 combinations as per the rune note
Oh and something else
SpoilerShow
picked up a note upstairs in candle tower... I placed it back in alcove and it said secret found. it was the same note I picked up though?
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi,
The mausoleum of the Third is a very simple place: each time a tomb, a key to open the funeral chamber (and snakes gards when you pick it), the sarcophagus of the king and some important things to loot. No more to do with the altars, but each time you profane them, each time the snakes spawn to punish the intruders.
BUT one thing is VERRYYYY important: in the third tomb, no key, the portcullis of the funeral chamber is open, you have seen a curious templum in the funeral chamber with an orned tile on the ground, no sarcophagus and, as you have found, a secret passage to Candles Tower.
What does it means????
You can't understand it for now, but keep it in mind and go on in Candles Tower. Some parts of this mystery can be revealed during your exploration (but not all...) but it's only the beginning of a challenge...
I don't know where you have found the note, so I can't says anything about it, but it's probably a clue related to Candles Tower itself and the specific place where you found it.

NB: In this mod, I tried to avoid creating puzzles and secrets for nothing, as here, a tomb is only what it seems to be and it's protected as some were protected in the real world, a shop is a shop, and so on. When some things are hidden or protected, when monsters respawn, when some puzzle is more difficult than another one, it's for a reason directly linked to the story
Duncan

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:22 pm Hi,
The mausoleum of the Third is a very simple place: each time a tomb, a key to open the funeral chamber (and snakes gards when you pick it), the sarcophagus of the king and some important things to loot. No more to do with the altars, but each time you profane them, each time the snakes spawn to punish the intruders.
BUT one thing is VERRYYYY important: in the third tomb, no key, the portcullis of the funeral chamber is open, you have seen a curious templum in the funeral chamber with an orned tile on the ground, no sarcophagus and, as you have found, a secret passage to Candles Tower.
What does it means????
You can't understand it for now, but keep it in mind and go on in Candles Tower. Some parts of this mystery can be revealed during your exploration (but not all...) but it's only the beginning of a challenge...
I don't know where you have found the note, so I can't says anything about it, but it's probably a clue related to Candles Tower itself and the specific place where you found it.

NB: In this mod, I tried to avoid creating puzzles and secrets for nothing, as here, a tomb is only what it seems to be and it's protected as some were protected in the real world, a shop is a shop, and so on. When some things are hidden or protected, when monsters respawn, when some puzzle is more difficult than another one, it's for a reason directly linked to the story
Duncan
aha... ok I ended up in Candle again and realized I should try what I did in the tomb.
SpoilerShow
I found the tomb key and returned to the head in tomb but it did nothing when I used it. so far that tomb has been empty for items. even the altar where the snakes respawn only show up after I place and remove something. and the note was upstairs in candle but for some strange reason it gives me a secret sound and exp when I place it back down in the place I found it.
edit: the note itself talks of a failure of dairbrach (likely not spelled correctly) and near it is a button. it is on the top floor above 4 pedestals with note about who is lord of which domain.
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Have you explored all Candle Tower? If it's done, you must have found some strange altars associated to different maps, and also some secret rooms...
Anyway, don't worry, you can return later. I suggest you explore completely others maps before, Edenia for example (and under it). It's a most easy place to find informations and missions to perform (see the "missions" page of the Magic Book: click on the life tree)
EDIT: unfortunately, you pointed an error, secret sound in the alcove must happens only with a specific object, sorry for the confusion.
SpoilerShow
You have already this object in your backpack, if you think about who is the Lord of this specific castle, you can find easily what to put in this alcove.
Second: you have in the "maps-rooms" pedestals with a specific function, they work also with an object you have, related to the maps.
D

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:03 am Have you explored all Candle Tower? If it's done, you must have found some strange altars associated to different maps, and also some secret rooms...
Anyway, don't worry, you can return later. I suggest you explore completely others maps before, Edenia for example (and under it). It's a most easy place to find informations and missions to perform (see the "missions" page of the Magic Book: click on the life tree)
EDIT: unfortunately, you pointed an error, secret sound in the alcove must happens only with a specific object, sorry for the confusion.
SpoilerShow
You have already this object in your backpack, if you think about who is the Lord of this specific castle, you can find easily what to put in this alcove.
Second: you have in the "maps-rooms" pedestals with a specific function, they work also with an object you have, related to the maps.
D
SpoilerShow
I managed to open all the portals with the runes. Who exactly owned Candle Tower? If I placed the wrong item there and got the secret sound does whatever secret open or does it require the right item and the secret sound was a bug? Also I am reading about this compass which is supposed to be dropped by first visit of trickster... unfortunately He never showed up in Aerion but I did fight him in Octa. Also the snake guy in Aerion town. He wants the book but all he gave is a mirror of dawn so I reloaded and killed him and came in the back entrance to read all the notes. I already got a mIrror from teleport from candle tower. and I saved the round key for candle tower and came in back way so I could use round key to open that door where I found activation place for the machine in Flame Quarry. That door does not open from inside and I had to jump off.
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi,
Wow! You go fast, indeed. Have you found the missions page in the book? It can be a way to a better exchange, like "for the mission xx, I don't know what to do next, etc..."
Anyway, you say:
Who exactly owned Candle Tower?
Nine map, nine realms, nine lords. The question is: what is the realm where Candle Tower is built?
does it require the right item and the secret sound was a bug?
Yes
unfortunately He never showed up in Aerion but I did fight him in Octa.
He dropped the compass in Aerion only if you manage to kill him here, but the compass can be found elsewhere.
Also the snake guy in Aerion town. He wants the book but all he gave is a mirror of dawn so I reloaded and killed him and came in the back entrance to read all the notes.
It's the better choice, the book is also a key somewhere... but if you make the deal with him, another end take place.
I already got a mIrror from teleport from candle tower
Have you found where to use it? It isn't only in Candle Tower
I saved the round key for candle tower and came in back way so I could use round key to open that door where I found activation place for the machine in Flame Quarry. That door does not open from inside and I had to jump off.
I am not sure to understand... but have you found one of the teleport systems?
One more time: try to precise your questions to got precise answers :?
Cheers
Duncan

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:16 pm Hi,
Wow! You go fast, indeed. Have you found the missions page in the book? It can be a way to a better exchange, like "for the mission xx, I don't know what to do next, etc..."
Anyway, you say:
Who exactly owned Candle Tower?
Nine map, nine realms, nine lords. The question is: what is the realm where Candle Tower is built?
does it require the right item and the secret sound was a bug?
Yes
unfortunately He never showed up in Aerion but I did fight him in Octa.
He dropped the compass in Aerion only if you manage to kill him here, but the compass can be found elsewhere.
Also the snake guy in Aerion town. He wants the book but all he gave is a mirror of dawn so I reloaded and killed him and came in the back entrance to read all the notes.
It's the better choice, the book is also a key somewhere... but if you make the deal with him, another end take place.
I already got a mIrror from teleport from candle tower
Have you found where to use it? It isn't only in Candle Tower
I saved the round key for candle tower and came in back way so I could use round key to open that door where I found activation place for the machine in Flame Quarry. That door does not open from inside and I had to jump off.
I am not sure to understand... but have you found one of the teleport systems?
One more time: try to precise your questions to got precise answers :?
Cheers
Duncan
OK good. I figured it is better to keep the book.
SpoilerShow
I did use the mirror elsewhere. I opened the teleports from Sunken City the 2 in Edenia Woods Rock Cove and Wasteland and Wreck Cape. I have uncovered a good portion of Loki's Cross but I still do not understand why opening things requires a skeleton and a skull. Those 2 tables have clear rune symbols on either side of the poles which made me think some kind of variation of runic tiles to place there. I now have 3 entire sets of those as well. Speaking of Wreck Cape. The stone of Fal. At one point I stood under it and it said cover your head. I have not been able to re-create this. I figured I needed to eventually get the bear helm and glove as well as Zhandul and do some ceremony at the stone? As per notes about rituals Also the torches in Sunken City above trees at night. Do they mean something later on. I have dug the entire place and only found a chest by life symbol on tree and the one as per the map picture by the mirror teleporter and the one from the fairy ring.
Oh to be more clear on that ...
SpoilerShow
I opened up the telporter to Flames Quarry from Candle Tower using rune tiles. It places me inside a room that leads upstairs to altars with runic symbols and also has the mirror in it and a note about activation of the device. I am not able to open the door from inside and it has a key outside a round one I think or perhaps this is where I use the gold key I found on the corpse in Twisted forest.
As far as Trickster he must have activated while I was across the river running away from the elemental. I never even saw him appear.

Oh and now that the secret sound chimed will it be obvious if I put the right item in that alcove?

Oh and yes I have looked at missions part. Interestingly after killing snake face I have find compass in there.
SpoilerShow
It says explore underwaste done, find ruby key done, find compass which is not done. I am assuming the ruby key is the Symal I picked up and had no idea what it was or is it the gold key I found a while back....
Oh one last thing... in underwaste where I pull levers for platforms is a key hole and sound of rats and you also mentioned secrets there. Do I get the key for that door in underwaste or elsewhere. I think I only found the secret in the bar area across the way.

And another...
SpoilerShow
managed to find the secret under Aerion and found the panel with letters instead of runes. I have used my spell book layout of runes and the impressions on buttons to key in a code (life, spirit, death) which I found after killing Rat lord. Tried a lot of the mediators plus rune symbols and now I am tired of pressing buttons. Do we get a clue somewhere for that door?
Duncan1246

Post by Duncan1246 »

Hi sapientCrow,
You have made plenty of things, but perhaps one thing lack: have you found some essences? Have you find some beacons? Do you understand who is your foe and your friend (in Loki's Cross the symbols on the curtains, some tiles everywhere, some signs on rocks or walls are clues to give you some feeling on them)?
why opening things requires a skeleton and a skull
Obvious symbols of... In others words, each portal in Loki's cross is linked to one of the Nemedians Lords.
a good portion of Loki's Cross
I am not sure: have you found the central cave with all the portals and piedestals?
Those 2 tables have clear rune symbols on either side of the poles which made me think some kind of variation of runic tiles to place there
The runes are the basic set of symbols, but as always in symbolism, the masters use more complicated signs and symbols (the triskele, the chaos cross, the circle of dogs...). You have found texts to understand all (I suppose you have found the Arcanum under Edenia Woods). Have you opened the locked rooms under Aerion?
I figured I needed to eventually get the bear helm and glove as well as Zhandul and do some ceremony at the stone
All right, if you choose the good hour to do so. All the ceremony is described in a text you can found in two places (one in Arcanum)
I have dug the entire place and only found a chest by life symbol on tree
Much more to find: one place to dig (as another in Twisted Forest), one place to climb and find a power gem, the two in East part of Sunken
I am not able to open the door from inside
Normal, because the teleporter belong to the owner of the key... but this key can be found in a secret place of a room in Flame River's Quarry with also a special map.
will it be obvious if I put the right item in that alcove?
As I said before, it's a single item you own
find ruby key done, find compass which is not done
Have you used the ruby key on the top of bridge house? Find the little dome with the force field in it ? Here you have a strange tile on the ground . One more thing to do: deactivate the force field. The scroll in the bookshelf in the house explains ( :lol: ) how.

You have to explore also the armory on the south side of the same house and explore the upper level North of Underwaste
I think I only found the secret in the bar area across the way
Have you meet the King of Underwaste (and killed him)? Have you explored the wizard house? Have you find how to pick the power gems under the domes?
So many questions, he :lol:
Duncan

Finisterrae(LOG2)
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

Duncan1246 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:18 am Hi sapientCrow,
You have made plenty of things, but perhaps one thing lack: have you found some essences? Have you find some beacons? Do you understand who is your foe and your friend (in Loki's Cross the symbols on the curtains, some tiles everywhere, some signs on rocks or walls are clues to give you some feeling on them)?
why opening things requires a skeleton and a skull
Obvious symbols of... In others words, each portal in Loki's cross is linked to one of the Nemedians Lords.
a good portion of Loki's Cross
I am not sure: have you found the central cave with all the portals and piedestals?
Those 2 tables have clear rune symbols on either side of the poles which made me think some kind of variation of runic tiles to place there
The runes are the basic set of symbols, but as always in symbolism, the masters use more complicated signs and symbols (the triskele, the chaos cross, the circle of dogs...). You have found texts to understand all (I suppose you have found the Arcanum under Edenia Woods). Have you opened the locked rooms under Aerion?
I figured I needed to eventually get the bear helm and glove as well as Zhandul and do some ceremony at the stone
All right, if you choose the good hour to do so. All the ceremony is described in a text you can found in two places (one in Arcanum)
I have dug the entire place and only found a chest by life symbol on tree
Much more to find: one place to dig (as another in Twisted Forest), one place to climb and find a power gem, the two in East part of Sunken
I am not able to open the door from inside
Normal, because the teleporter belong to the owner of the key... but this key can be found in a secret place of a room in Flame River's Quarry with also a special map.
will it be obvious if I put the right item in that alcove?
As I said before, it's a single item you own
find ruby key done, find compass which is not done
Have you used the ruby key on the top of bridge house? Find the little dome with the force field in it ? Here you have a strange tile on the ground . One more thing to do: deactivate the force field. The scroll in the bookshelf in the house explains ( :lol: ) how.

You have to explore also the armory on the south side of the same house and explore the upper level North of Underwaste
I think I only found the secret in the bar area across the way
Have you meet the King of Underwaste (and killed him)? Have you explored the wizard house? Have you find how to pick the power gems under the domes?
So many questions, he :lol:
Duncan
Not yet for Loki's Cross as I imagine somehow I must be able to teleport further in once I find other portals or compass. I found the door with complex symbols on it in Loki's Cross

The Bridge area huh and 5 4 1 note?
I killed king of Underwaste and used rune book to get all gems in that area. I see the forcefield above the armory but it looks like I need to go through that door to get in there... the one with lock. I have fire and water essence 2 seals (Tait and Dair) and 18 power gems in my bags. So there is more in Sunken to dig? I only found the thing at the ring of stone and the life symbol as well as by the mirror portal which is referenced in a picture I believe I found in Loki's Cross. I also pushed the stone and got the gem here. I guess pulling the lever at lookout turns stone on? Because beyond that I can not figure out what that lever does.

The map I found perhaps a special map in Flame Quarry has an X and the words like it is here pay more. That map really resembles the same map of wastelands I have from Candle so I thought I would find it later. I have skull key but have not entered Cian and killed almost everything and uncovered most of Octa but did not solve the puzzle whioch seems to be placing skeletons and skulls as this deactivated the ice floor. This button door eludes me as it has letters instead of runic symbols and I tried all the variations I think fo 3 runes ignoring the letters and imaging that the buttons had runes.

One of the notes from Athanor and the Aerion Grocers notes in book both crash game.

It says I found Ruby Key too but I have no Ruby Key on me.