Resident Grimrock

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
lostsol

Resident Grimrock

Post by lostsol »

Download here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/105

You may have heard the tale before. That old accursed Keep, standing tall upon the crescent hill.
Long has it been abandoned since the fall of the Lergane family. But now, something again stirs
within its walls. Some new horror, or an old one awakened.

Down below, in the busy streets of Stoneway, the denizens despair. Stories of inhuman creatures
stalking the forests, unnatural darkness and townsfolk disappearing in the night.

Stoneway calls for aid. Letters have been sent to all nearby settlements. A call for a champion
to bravely step into the darkness, and put an end to the terror that is: Resident Grimrock.

**EDIT:
After looking over some things I found I forgot to add some information to the readme regarding lock picks:
Lock picks can be used to open locked chests as well as certain locks for doors. This will help with any early
game supply issues. My apologies for forgetting about this.

Full details of gameplay can be found in the readme, but there are few things I should address here.
This mod is a bit different from the standard Grimrock campaign, the reference in the title should
give you a good idea of what to expect:

There is no character creation. Instead, you will choose one of two playable Champions, each with
slightly different playthroughs.

There is no food or hunger system, no experience points or leveling up. There are skills and attributes,
but these are increased by finding and using certain items in the game.

There is a good amount of backtracking. You will have to read documents and item descriptions for
clues. You may find yourself in a bad spot, wounded, low on supplies and with no remedy in sight.

If this is not your thing, you may want to avoid this mod. Otherwise, I thank you for your interest
and I hope you enjoy Resident Grimrock.

Any and all feedback and suggestions would be most welcome !

Thanks
Last edited by lostsol on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RacerX

Re: Resident Grimrock

Post by RacerX »

Sounds interesting, looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

thank you for the support .. I'll give it a go.
Regards,

RMariano
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

For a fan like me of the first episodes (and the last one), that seems a must-try!!

Is playing hard difficulty OK or do you recommand normal?

Cheers
Khollik
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Hi Khollik,

I would recommend normal mode. But then again, I was never one to be counted amongst the brave.
Hard difficulty is doable, but probably more interesting after you have a lay of the land.

I do have plans to manually implement a hard mode, but that is on hold until I hear some feedback.
At this point I have no idea if I've created something fun and enjoyable, or a complete flop !
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Lostol.

You haven't created a flop. The mod is very well made with a clean level layout and tight scripting.

I'm trying to find time top play it whilst creating my mod. I'm still stuck in the first castle area <lol>.

Anyway, the mod is well made; there's no need to worry about that.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
zimberzimber

Post by zimberzimber »

Played a bit, backtracking sure is a thing, but seems mostly redundant and just bores me to death
Got a melee weapon, but it requiring energy and energy not regenerating makes it very limited, which makes all of your combat options limited, whether you threw your only knife and its stuck in some monster, ran out of bullets, or energy. You *can* beat them with your fists if you don't get cornered or surrounded, but thats not fun considering its going to take a lot of time to kill just one of them.

Aesthetically things are nice to look at though
My asset pack [v1.10]
Features a bit of everything! :D
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Hi Slayer82,

Thank you for the input and reassurance. Its a hard thing to gauge sometimes. Living in the editor for months on end, looking at and testing the same stuff over and over tends to make me second guess everything.

Hi, zimber,

Thanks for the input. Sorry to hear that you found it boring, perhaps the focus is a bit much on firearm combat. But if you do decide to continue on, and if I may suggest, consider avoiding combat when possible, maybe lure monsters into empty rooms and shut the doors. Then return to them once supplies are in better shape. Also, try giving the other Champion a go.

Thanks
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

So far the mod is really stable/polished I have not seen any bugs. Kinda missing my team having to do it alone with just the wizard though.

Slayer82

{quote]I'm still stuck in the first castle area.[/quote]
SpoilerShow
(Pay Special Attention to the to the Blood Orbs they will open your way)
SpoilerShow
I took care of Malomon
but I'm having trouble getting the triple button combination to open the door...
lostsol

Post by lostsol »

Added additional information to the original post:

**EDIT:
After looking over some things I found I forgot to add some information to the readme regarding lock picks:
Lock picks can be used to open locked chests as well as certain locks for doors. This will help with any early
game supply issues. My apologies for forgetting about this.

I'm having trouble getting the triple button combination to open the door...
Hi RaxerX,
SpoilerShow
If you have just defeated Malomon, and you are referring to the 3 buttons on the Client Housing level (east side of map), then at this point in the game you will not have the required items to open that door. Hope that helps.