Dungeon Master II The Circle of Black Magi

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
LordGarth

Dungeon Master II The Circle of Black Magi

Post by LordGarth »

Hello all,

My mod Dungeon Master II The Circle of Black Magi is ready to download.

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimr ... ?tab=files

Opening Cinematic Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erb8l9RRekA&t=

Thanks,

LordGarth
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
RacerX

Re: Dungeon Master II The Circle of Black Magi

Post by RacerX »

The size of the mod is really compact, not having to carry a bunch of items has advantages. With that said here is what I found from exploring.

When a saved game is opened it takes very long for the game to appear (2 minutes). It plays the whole Grimrock theme song and then a black screen appears (45 seconds). When the game is saved at the cube in the Tavern it also tardy for the mod to respond (15 seconds). Moreover, purchase some extra blueberry pies to then and click the cube in the Tavern and crash (it doesn't generate a bug report, it says "Grimrock has stopped working" then closes...

This mod is really different for the others thanks for taking the time to create it.
Last edited by RacerX on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

I'm running LoG2 version 2.2.4 under Wine 3.0 under Linux Mint 18.3

When I start your mod, I always get this error:
Unhandled exception: unimplemented function usp10.dll.ScriptBreak called in 32-bit code (0x7b43c6dc).

Plus the helpful tip:
If this problem does not occur under Windows, and if it hasn't been reported yet, you can save detailed information and leave a bug report.

So I (probably) need to ask the Wine team to implement this function.
But I've never had this problem with any other LoG2 mods in Wine, so I'm wondering what might cause it.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

This mod has memory usage and therefore performance issues very similar to "Eye of the Atlantis" in it's early days. Just starting up the mod and checking out the entry room consumes 1.8(!) gigs of RAM, bringing up the menu by pressing ESC takes several seconds and the save game is pretty large with 2.25MB at mod start inside the entry room. I stopped when memory usage hit 2 gigs while simply exploring the town.

The only reason i can see this is because my LoG2 is 4gb-patched. An unmodified LoG2.exe would not get that far and very likely crash during mod startup. It might be a good idea to check out how Drakkan improved his mod and do the same here.
Torst

Post by Torst »

Mod won't start on Win 10 x64.

Get a message "not enough memory"
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Torst wrote:Mod won't start on Win 10 x64.

Get a message "not enough memory"
This should fix it:
http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
Torst

Post by Torst »

Zo Kath Ra wrote: This should fix it:
http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
Fixed,thx for!
LordGarth

Post by LordGarth »

May have to lower graphic settings to. High, Medium, Low. or High Low and Low.

LordGarth
Dungeon Master and DOOM will live forever.
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hi, LordGarth. I was very enthusiastic when started playing your mod. Well, 9 level dungeons with the same appearance and monsters, desolated hills and forests crowded by zombies and few chests and items, apparently no secrets, better armors and weapons, herbs and potions to purchase but far and depending on colleting coins from slashed monsters made me disappointed. I followed the map and went first to the second boss. So many equal levels down to reach him and so hard to beat him and his minions ... Now I am at the first (from the list) magi's tower and unmotivated to go forward. Any chance of having amusing and softer chalenges ahead ? Really sorry to say this but gamers need motivation and are moved by curiosity. Anyway many thanks for your work and time.
zerodaunholy

Post by zerodaunholy »

hmm.. what is this mod about? is this actually something from dungeon master 2 or something new?