[MOD] Eternal Recurrence 1.3

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
RacerX

Re: [MOD] Eternal Recurrence - preview (W.I.P.)

Post by RacerX »

1280x1024

RacerX

Post by RacerX »

1280x960

RacerX

Post by RacerX »

1152x864

RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Last One

1024x768

AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

New build available!

https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimr ... ?tab=files > Miscellaneous files > Eternal Recurrence

Changes for this week:
- Fixed a crash on reloading apparently due to spawning more than 3 items inside a chest!
- Changed the rain particle texture to the one shared by Zimberzimber.
- Fixed the flooded stairs with a new system to generate water tiles and heightmap material (true heightmap elevation variations coming "soon").
- Generalized water tiles to most outdoors maps, with some added decorations, etherweed and a few monsters (be careful!).
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Thanks for the update, please let me know if you need any more assistance with the scaling issue...
Slayer82

Post by Slayer82 »

Hey, Andak.

I'm sure you're busy with your mod, but I have a few issues you might want to know about.

Firstly, the new update has only partially fixed the crashing issue. https://imgur.com/a/tEl89
This crash occurs in the tomb, which was my fifth generated stage. I cannot

Secondly, the forest level displayed an error during play stating an issue with co-ordinates (22,1) and (31,4).
These are rough numbers because I was too busy playing the mod to care at the time. Sorry :(

If I may make a suggestion, add the mod to Nexus Mods as a standalone mod. It's great on its own :)

Oh, and I tried that 4GB patch thing you suggested, but it's definitely an issue with your mod.

The mod is really fun to play because it's always different, plus it's challenging, but not unfair.
Good work!
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
AndakRainor

Post by AndakRainor »

Hello!
Slayer82 wrote:the new update has only partially fixed the crashing issue. https://imgur.com/a/tEl89
This crash occurs in the tomb, which was my fifth generated stage. I cannot
I know, I have seen this second bug myself once, but did not understand what was going on exactly yet. The best way to help me find the solution would be to send me the save game files that trigger this crash (egraynn@hotmail.com), so I can look into the file and find the object with this id. The error message is not really helping because it gives an object id that is automatically generated by the engine, so it could be anything. If I can find the object, maybe I can find a solution.
Slayer82 wrote:the forest level displayed an error during play stating an issue with co-ordinates (22,1) and (31,4).
These are rough numbers because I was too busy playing the mod to care at the time. Sorry :(
Could have been useful to get the exact message :). Even better see the in game map of the problem. Getting this message means the path finder did not find any way to link 2 rooms together, and that can be very dangerous! (It could be the boss room for example then you could not get the key to the next level!)
Slayer82 wrote:If I may make a suggestion, add the mod to Nexus Mods as a standalone mod. It's great on its own :)
That's the plan, but I think it's still too early, I'd like to fix the worst technical issues first :)
Slayer82 wrote:The mod is really fun to play because it's always different, plus it's challenging, but not unfair.
Good work!
Thank you, I guess difficulty balance will need some work too at some point, it could be after the first public release though . Mostly boss fights... If anyone has cools ideas about fun boss fights, feel free to share them :)
zimberzimber

Post by zimberzimber »

To make life easier for you in the future, I'd suggest spawning the objects with and ID given by you.
Keep track of how many objects of that kind were placed before, and just set the objects ID to "[objectname]_[amount placed+1]"
At least you'll know what object exactly was being an ass
My asset pack [v1.10]
Features a bit of everything! :D