[Mod] The Lost Power of Nadric

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Orace

Re: [Mod] The Lost Power of Nadric

Post by Orace »

Khollik wrote:
Orace wrote:Hi Khollik, nice mod indeed! Do you have a little advice for temple part "test your patience"? :D
Hi Orace, glad you're enjoying it ;)
Sorry for the delay, I was on Christmas vacation.
SpoilerShow
You literally have to do as written
SpoilerShow
Wait for 60 seconds and a secret door should open
Cheers
Khollik
Hi Khollik, thanks for reply.
SpoilerShow
I don't understand where i should wait, there is a teleport next to plaque on the wall, if i enter i will be teleported into 7 different rooms, 3 with a button, 3 empty and the final one with a lever, and then back outside. I tried to wait just next to plaque, in front of teleport but nothing happened...
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Orace wrote: Hi Khollik, thanks for reply.
SpoilerShow
I don't understand where i should wait, there is a teleport next to plaque on the wall, if i enter i will be teleported into 7 different rooms, 3 with a button, 3 empty and the final one with a lever, and then back outside. I tried to wait just next to plaque, in front of teleport but nothing happened...
Ouuppps I'm very sorry: I gave you wrong advice. I thought you were speaking of the "chamber or Emptiness" puzzle :oops: :shock:

So :
SpoilerShow
You have to find the right combination before pulling the lever. The way the buttons are sorted should give you a clue
SpoilerShow
The Number of the Lord is the answer. The way the numbers are written reminds the position of the buttons
SpoilerShow
Click each button six times then pull the lever.
The buttons reset only when you pull the lever, so you don't need to click them in a row; but since the teleport timer is very short, you have to remember where they are. Just pull the lever when you're sure to have clicked each one six times
Sorry again :oops:

Cheers and... almost Happy New Year!
Khollik
jubayy

Post by jubayy »

anybody know how to get out of my little problem
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

jubayy wrote:anybody know how to get out of my little problem
Sorry Jubayy to read that your're still stuck in there :?

It should work because I customized the cavein to do so, or at least I tried :lol:

But I'm quite puzzled because it does work on my side, both in the editor and in exported version. Could it be because of your version of Grimrock2? (2.2.4 for me).
Anybody else stumbled on the same bug?

Anyway, I'll try to check that on another computer and/or rewrite the code from scratch.

Meanwhile you can copy/paste that code in the console panel during the game :

Code: Select all

fire_cavein:destroy()
It's not very elegant and you'll miss the "animation" (rumble and sound) but at least you can resume the game, while I'm looking further for the bug.

Cheers
Khollik
jubayy

Post by jubayy »

no kholic don't work at all for me ive tried the console thing don't work have same game version as you :(
Orace

Post by Orace »

Hi Khollik, i think i found a bug, or at least i think it is, I hope my english is not too bad :lol: :
SpoilerShow
In main temple, when you reach the room with "security guard" button, the first time you press it, guards come from the 2 adiacent corridors, 1 single and 1 pair. When you kill the single one, a brass key is dropped.

The problem is that you can press the button infinite times and the single guard always spawns and leave a key once defeated, so you can legally obtain infinite brass keys.
I like this mod so much but there are so many riddles and sequences to follow with too cryptical hints or nothing at all (maybe it was me who didn't find any :oops: ) that i have every single map blocked someway and no more places to roam...

What about a walkthrough? :D

I was also wondering...i played so many dungeons (level 22 party), but i still see no one asking for help on your mod....so, or everyone is a monstrous player except me :lol: or i totally lost my touch, ahahah :mrgreen:

However the mod is really good and enjoyable, so many compliments for a work very well made!

Regards
Orace
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

jubayy wrote:no kholic don't work at all for me ive tried the console thing don't work have same game version as you :(
What the... ???

The code should work to get through the cavein (even if it does not make the cavein disappear).

At least, can you teleport your party out of the cave?

Try this:

Code: Select all

party:setPosition(3,18,1,0,5)
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hi Orace, thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying it.
SpoilerShow
the security guard button is definitely not meant to give you infinite keys! I'll have to check that :lol:
I take note that I might consider that some of the riddles are too cryptic. Since it's my first mod, I found it difficult to set the right amount of mystery and clue to solve them. I looked for a "Myst" series vibe, where you have to find by yourself in the environment how to get through, because that's the kind of games I like. Feel free to ask me if you're stuck somewhere.

No walkthrough in progress until now, but that's a good idea.

As for the story:
SpoilerShow
If you remember the presentation text, you're the king's heir in search of a way to stop Gandolf. Thanks to Toorum's notes found in the prison, you figured out that he's trying to get access to the Archives of the Magic Circle of Andralak to recover the power of Nadric. You are yourself looking to a way to get in there before him. In the Old Forest, you might have collected a note from a skeleton, which explains Gandolf's plans. If you managed to enter the Main Temple, that means that you also have been able to visit the old Temple beneath the slaughtered village. There, you learned that Gandolf is conducting necromantic experiments under the supervision of Stheino, the High Priestess of the cult. You might (or have already!) meet her in the Main Temple, which should give you a clue for the next step...
Orace

Post by Orace »

Ok, these are all the riddles i need to solve or something i wasn't able to understand what happened :lol:

If something is solved later on in the game just don't tell me!!! :D

Ready?!?! GO! :lol:
SpoilerShow
Prison:
i miss a skull key but i guess is something very far in the future
SpoilerShow
Old forest:
I found an altar with a stoneface asking to retrieve a forest gift or child, i don't remember. I used the shaman cloak found inside a secret area: it disappeared with a success chime but dunno what happened :lol:
SpoilerShow
Meadows:
there is a wizard hat near a open pit. I think there is a sequence to close it using the sparking lights on the walls, visible only during night time, but dunno how...
SpoilerShow
Perillous shore:
1) Downstairs, there is a stoneface asking for a spirit of the forest, maybe something in the future?
2) That damn treasure... :lol: :lol: :lol: tried so many combination, even diagonally ones, following the instructions but at 2 in the morning there is no sun, only moon, and the shadow of the hollow tree is diagonal...there is also that passage "turn around" (180°?) and "backtrack" (walk back looking forward?) i don't understand :lol:
SpoilerShow
Mystical mountains:
found a lever in the bottom right corner that releases a blob spell: followed it until it meets a wall...i found also a strange button at the external side of the temple entrance...
SpoilerShow
Dead lake:
1)i miss a...battery? :lol: also tried to energize the receiver with spells, maybe something later on?
2)closed spikes underground, but i see a lever is on the other side, so i should come from the other side too
SpoilerShow
Haunted village:
1)Miss a brass key (i also tried the surplus keys from security guards :mrgreen: ahahah, it didn't work!)
2)Cemetery spikes closed.
3)the riddle underground stating "fountains" "arches" and "tombs": because there are 3 buttons i was thinking to count the items the riddle is asking (so 2 times for 2 fountains, x times for arches and x times for tombs near cemetery) and press the correspondant button x times (like the riddle in prison in Gandolf's chamber). About arches, i tried with and without counting the mine one in the bottom left, and with and without the other 2 arches found in the bottom right part, accessible through meadows.
Nothing... :lol:
4)Meteor...i think it's later on in the game
SpoilerShow
Haunted mines (my favourite one!!! :lol: )
1) I'm your future/your prey riddle: i was thinking about "bones" for "your future" and "animal meat" for "your prey"...
2) In bottom left corner: the floor plates, really dunno what to do...
3) In top right corner, the 3 spirals...i found how to reach the third one with the right sequence, but then, whatever i do, i only hear a "click" or no click and always being teleported back...
And now for your question:
SpoilerShow
Yes i already meet her (and her sisters... :twisted: ) and now i have a tomb key i really don't know where to use and a terror wand. I didn't enter the old temple because i didn't find the combination under the haunted village, maybe it's the reason i don't know what to do with the key....mmmmmm :o
Well that's all! I hope you can help me a little, just give me hints :lol: and then, if i'd be really desperate, i'll ask you the solutions!!! ahahahahah :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot!

Regards
Orace

P.s.
SpoilerShow
Walking dead was great! :lol:
Khollik

Post by Khollik »

Hi Horace

Your priority now is to find a way to explore the cave under the Dead Lake (with the closed spikes underground). Many of your questions are related to what you may find in there.
SpoilerShow
Go inside and take a closer look to the environment
The Old Forest: you should also consider to solve this one, for it might be useful later.
SpoilerShow
The talking statue speaks of treasures (plural). Maybe you missed a couple of them here? Tip: they all are in the Forest
SpoilerShow
You'll need the leafbond bracelet, the shaman cloak and the serpent staff
The Haunted Mines
SpoilerShow
Click is better than no click
SpoilerShow
For the plates, maybe the solution is not under the light
SpoilerShow
You'll need to find the four statuettes to solve the riddle
Haunted Village
SpoilerShow
You almost have it! Maybe the problem is not the Arches but the tombstones. Are you sure to have the right number?
SpoilerShow
Symmetry is the key
SpoilerShow
The answer is: 238
Those are secondary (items, bonuses and secret), but if needed.

Meadows pit
SpoilerShow
You're in a good way. Remember this is the Shrine of Meditation. You need to know how to medidate
SpoilerShow
There's a note in a chest in the NW corner of Mystical Mountains
SpoilerShow
Look closely to the environment inside the Shrine (walls, floor etc.). The note is related to what you can see here
Mystical Mountains
SpoilerShow
The button just activates the ladder to make the climb easier
SpoilerShow
The lever/blob is part of a multi-layer puzzle (my favorite actually). I'll let you think about it a little more :mrgreen: but the talking statues in this area give you hints
Hidden treasure in the Perillous Shore
SpoilerShow
Maybe it's my English that's a little messy (not my native language). You have to walk against the Sun, so two in the day means in the afternoon and not in the night. Start by following the direction pointed by the branch of the hollow tree. Since you have to walk against the Sun afterwards, you have to go North and not South, then walk back (with the Sun in the your back for six tiles). The following should be quite straight.
SpoilerShow
The answer is: go 9 tiles North (the tree is tile 0!). Walk back 6 (without turning around). Turn around, walk 2 tiles North, then 8 East, turn around and 3 West. The chest is beneath your feet (so you'll have to walk just a tile away

Feel free to ask for more hints, if needed!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Cheers
Khollik