[MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Drakkan

Re: [MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Post by Drakkan »

trancelistic wrote:Hey, Loving to so far. But I've acidently clicked a note on the automap( without text) and cancelled it right away.

But I've saved the game. Am I in trouble now? I can't resume? I seem to be stuck too perhaps cuz of the note?.
It maybe my mistake?
nope. But do not place any note on the automap - it could cause some dialogues to not appear if you make them. Solution for this was already mentioned somewhere,unfortunately I did not have time to update the dungeon and as time goes seems I have lost the source.... nevermind I did not planned update it anyway.
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hy everybody mainly Drakkan,
Mod will not run.
Error log

[string "Grimrock.lua"]:0: D3DError - CreateTexture failed: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'defineMaterial'
mod_assets/ring_actuator/materials.lua:5: in main chunk
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'import'
mod_assets/scripts/init.lua:47: in main chunk
[string "Dungeon.lua"]: in function 'loadInitFile'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'loadDungeon'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'newGame'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'completionFunc'
[string "CinematicMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

OS Version 5.1

OEM ID: 0
Number of processors: 2
Page size: 4096
Processor type: 586

Total memory: 3067 MB
Free memory: 2169 MB

Display device 0:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAY1
Device string: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
State flags: 08000005

Display device 1:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV1
Device string: NetMeeting driver
State flags: 00000008

Display device 2:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV2
Device string: RDPDD Chained DD
State flags: 00000008

Any suggestion ?
Thanks in advance.
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

matuto wrote:[string "Grimrock.lua"]:0: D3DError - CreateTexture failed: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
Same thing happened to me, here's the solution:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4708&p=96007#p96007
matuto

Post by matuto »

Thank you so much Zo.
Running smoothly.
Already stuck (special equipment to open a lock in the barracks and "hungry" to open another door.
I will peruse through the forum.
agamon42

Post by agamon42 »

Hi all,i need your help.I m stuck on the level 20"High tower 3-hungry doors" and there is several doors which gotta be opened there, well at last door is written
"Color of the trees".I can not remember what it means.
Thanks
Resu

Post by Resu »

Hey Everybody :)

I played this mod until the Rainbow and the other Gem Riddle.. the "hints" make no sence at all for me and i have no idea how to solve that stupid puzzles. This is exactly the reason so many mods suck, because puzzles like these. I dont want to waste my time by trying every fu**ing combination with the gems and I dont even wanna know how to do it because I have seen enough to speak a fazit. I only would like to know how many % of the Mod ive seen right now.

Fazit:
This Mod is surely one of the better ones. Music, Graphics and Level Design are great. The Food Management you need in this mod is also very nice^^ The fight-szenarios are good too, but i remember some fights are much harder then the others.. maybe a little balancing would be good.. My main Contra about this Mod is it has too many puzzles and instant death traps (especially this time-wasting gem puzzle - i really hate it) it just eats too much time. Another Contra are the Secrets ( I found like 15 Secrets and everything i found was just shit, besides food) I also would like to have more fights and free discovering in it. Drakkan said there are 40 Levels in it, but doesnt feel like it somehow.. so i would like the mod beeing bigger :) The items (loot) are ok.. but not too great in my opinion.. So overall a decent Mod you can have fun with.
Ryo

Post by Ryo »

Hi and thanks for this great mod.

Like agamon42 in July 2016, I'm actually stuck at the "Color of the trees" door. It does not seem very difficult, however I cannot find what to put in the deamon's mouth.
I tried anything green, red or brown I could find, but with no success.
May somebody help me please ? :roll:

Personal note : I hope it does not lead to a secret, else I would not know where else to go. :?

Thank you.
lisior

Re: [MOD] Eye of the Dragon - version 5

Post by lisior »

Hi, generaly you need go trough all four ways to have all gems you need (you need 18 specific gems)
Left puzzle
SpoilerShow
there is scroll saying in which slot you need insert which color. Always three sentences for one gem row (from left to right). You can use hints if you are not sure about correct color (for example sky is blue, grass is green etc...), then you need find gem of correct shape to fit in the slot.
Right puzzle
SpoilerShow
Rainbow has three basic color. Thats what you need to insert (three same colors and same shape for each row)
My apologies, but could you PM me the solution? I've been stuck at these two puzzles forever... appreciate your assistance! I went with the following:
SpoilerShow
For the puzzle on the left:

yellow blue green
black blue green
white yellow red

For the Rainbow:

red red red
yellow yellow yellow
green green green
Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be a valid combination...
TRANG

Post by TRANG »

The End
Finish
Great mod, thanks for sharing.
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

Wow, this would be worthy of a standalone game, probably the most fun since I played the original Dungeon Master, outstanding work and something to be proud of, can't thank you enough.
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription