Welcome!

Announcements and discussion regarding the forums.
sermounstis

Re: Welcome!

Post by sermounstis »

Loved Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder when I was young.
Loving Grimrock now.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

sermounstis wrote:Loved Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder when I was young.
Loving Grimrock now.
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for posting! ;)

What are some of your favorite things about either Grimrock / Dungeon Master / Eye of the Beholder (they're all very similar, obviously). :lol:
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
edensgreen1

Post by edensgreen1 »

hi there no i am not a spambot, just a grandmother who ADORES the grimrock games which my son gave me for xmas last year. my hubby loves them too. unfortunately i just broke my hand so cannot play for a while. i left a message for darkatton because i inadvertantly placed the green gem on the swamp shrine in bacodars realm, but i cannot get it off. i have to place the essence on the same shrine, but it wont go on cause the gem is there. i was hoping for a way to continue the game without having to start all over again. i am just about to enter the second library door but cannot. what can be done? cheers edensgreen1
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

edensgreen1 wrote:hi there no i am not a spambot, just a grandmother who ADORES the grimrock games which my son gave me for xmas last year. my hubby loves them too. unfortunately i just broke my hand so cannot play for a while. i left a message for darkatton because i inadvertantly placed the green gem on the swamp shrine in bacodars realm, but i cannot get it off. i have to place the essence on the same shrine, but it wont go on cause the gem is there. i was hoping for a way to continue the game without having to start all over again. i am just about to enter the second library door but cannot. what can be done? cheers edensgreen1
First and foremost, welcome to the forums! Darkatton has a thread for the very adventure you're speaking of - on the forums Bacodar's Realm. It might even be beneficial to post in the thread there (as someone may have made the same mistake you did, and may know how to undo it). The reason I say that is, looking at his profile - it shows he was last active: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:22 am. Even their Steam Account shows their last activity as 2015. Hopefully he (I keep saying he, which I just assume) has email notifications turned on - so that when he gets a private message on here, it shoots him an email to let him know. Otherwise, someone in that thread may be able to potentially help. Looking at other threads on other forums, he's not been too responsive after 2015. :(
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Sir Tawmis wrote:
edensgreen1 wrote:It might even be beneficial to post in the thread there (as someone may have made the same mistake you did, and may know how to undo it). The reason I say that is, looking at his profile - it shows he was last active: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:22 am. Even their Steam Account shows their last activity as 2015.
If there is no solution in the thread, and no answer, it might be possible to work out a console script to remove the gem.
treaftis

Post by treaftis »

new to forum. was young man when DM came out on apple IIgs. old fart now still love this style of game. :D
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

treaftis wrote:new to forum. was young man when DM came out on apple IIgs. old fart now still love this style of game. :D
Welcome to the rest of (what I am guessing, is majority older fan base) :D
Zivot

Post by Zivot »

Hi to all, also new here. I'm from Croatia and I hope a great time. Sorry for bad English. Thank you
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Zivot wrote:Hi to all, also new here. I'm from Croatia and I hope a great time. Sorry for bad English. Thank you
Hey Zivot - what's your favorite thing about Legend of Grimrock (I or II)?
proddvault

Post by proddvault »

Hello to everyone! Back in business to finish my few years ago started project!