The Door of Essence

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Xardas

The Door of Essence

Post by Xardas »

I thought you guys might want to see some Pictures of the dungeon i am working on.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uh5z6qfqizai ... u72ra?dl=0
Most maps are done now. I want to add like 3 or 4 more.
Also i still have to check and optimize some Things, so I can´t really say when it´s ready. It might take a while.

PS: I just realized i dind´t cut the whole border of the photos. Sorry for that.
In order to get to the other side of the pit you have to get hit by the fireball and die....
Yep.....moving on!
Slayer82

Re: The Door of Essence

Post by Slayer82 »

The mod looks good. I look forward to trying it out.

Will you release it on Nexus Mods?
Last edited by Slayer82 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mods - Isle of the Deranged & The Allure of Nightfall
http://grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9513
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14762
Xardas

Post by Xardas »

Yep i will only put it on Nexus mods.
In order to get to the other side of the pit you have to get hit by the fireball and die....
Yep.....moving on!
Xardas

Post by Xardas »

A little news update
Good News: The Dungeon is finished
Bad News: The Size is insane. :lol: I have to figure something out there, otherwise i can't even export it.
Yep.....moving on!
minmay

Post by minmay »

Set your Texture Resolution to Low in the game options. This will free up a lot of memory for exporting the dungeon (and won't affect the exported file).

If you still can't export after that, PM me.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Look forward to trying it!
Xardas

Post by Xardas »

Exporting works sometimes when all Settings are at low.
I really like custom assets, but now they are like a bad curse.
Still have some bugs to fix now and then i might share a first Testversion. I hardly have Time for testing it out for the next weeks, but i'll try to test it through as fast as i can. Might take a while though, because the dungeon has a few levels.
I can't recommend playing the Dungeon until i release a hard tested version of it, so don't expect that the first version is bug free. It's a version for voluntary Testers and if you play it you might have crashes. :)
Yep.....moving on!
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Xardas wrote:Exporting works sometimes when all Settings are at low.
I really like custom assets, but now they are like a bad curse.
Optimization of the assets can help.
  • Trim down excessive geometry, and replace fine details with baked normals
  • Reduce custom texture sizes; IE. specular, diffuse, and normal maps need not all (nor always) be of equal size
  • Increase custom texture compressibility (In the Dat; via color consolidation; but not for normal maps)
  • Make use of default textures & sounds for new object materials & audio effects; (no need to include or upload default assets)
  • Reduce length of custom audio through efficient scripted use
  • Increase custom audio compressibility (In the Dat; via simplification, and/or scripted use)
Last edited by Isaac on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Isaac wrote:Increase custom texture compressibility (In the Dat; via color consolidation; but not for normal maps)
For the love of God don't do this, it has no effect on texture filesize or memory use whatsoever. If you do it to a ridiculous extent (like reducing to 8 colors) you can very very slightly reduce the size of the .dat, but that still won't help with memory usage at all and it will look like crap. I explained this to you before; the .dat filesize savings from color reduction are utterly negligible.
Last edited by minmay on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

minmay wrote:
Isaac wrote:Increase custom texture compressibility (In the Dat; via color consolidation; but not for normal maps)
For the love of God don't do this, it has no effect on texture filesize or memory use whatsoever.
How many times are we going to have this conversation? The last time... you successfully proved it for me by testing it. You don't use (more) image or audio compression in the file; you make sure that it's (more) compressible, for when the editor packs it into the dat.