Exellion : Chronicles of the Grim Reaper

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Vandalar

Re: Exellion : Chronicles of the Grim Reaper

Post by Vandalar »

Hi,

This is not a bug and I'm pretty sure I know what happenned 8-).

You probably missed a clue right before the portal to the Realm of the Dead. The "Philosopher", if you meant him, will give you another clue as well.
SpoilerShow
Look for a note on the ground, near a squeletton right before entering the Realm of the Dead. Or use 4 golden key in the water temple to meet the Philosopher. He will give you several clues
If you still have problem, let me know.

Vand
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

a note?? i did,n find the syche nd the skull so the portal is not activated and everywhere i go dead quickly..in the city of the lost souls, the mausoleum and the well..

i am now in the middle part in the underwater temple and i wonder where the fourth gold key are..i talk to the water klady but she says not so much...i see 2 closed dores there 1 door and 1 grate

and i need a lot of pyramid keys for all the locks in the city of lost souls underground
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hi Vandalar and palls,
Beautiful mod but, not as other mods, lags a lot as Grimrock 2. Any idea to improve frame rate ? Also water and air spells, open simple locks too, make the game crash to desktop. Any suggestion ? Thanks in advance.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

how must i defeat the cancellor steward of dead and insanity??
i tried differend spells.. the syche but his healtbar stays maximal... :shock:
Vandalar

Post by Vandalar »

@matuto : I'm aware the frame rate is lower, specially in the garden part of the forest (first part of the game). Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to improve the situation without a huge overhaul of the mod. About the crash to desktop, can you post the log ? Water and air spells shouldn't crash the game, they haven't been modified. Open simple lock is an a new spell, but I will need more info (what did you cast it on, crash/error message, etc.)

@hansbleed : About the land of the dead
SpoilerShow
Do NOT use any form of light source, like torch, light spell, etc.. This summon the undead ! The skull and the Scythe are in their respective mauselum and crypt (Tower of lost Souls). I strongly suggest to get the Nexus Key (optional puzzle in the Academy Tower)
Stewart of Death and Insanity
SpoilerShow
This guy has a shield, so you need to damage it first before you can drop his "life" bar. If you got the searing light spell and the soul weapon (at their top level), it's a huge help. Do not cast regular spell on him, he will absorb them.
Extra tip :
SpoilerShow
If you are having a hard time, did you defeat the optional bosses (2 bosses in the mine, one at the very top of the Academy tower, they drop Souls Weapon, the more you use them, the stronger they get.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

i have the nexus key by a handy tip from philosofer the snail after find 4 gold keys.. i get the skull and the syche.. only the skull is nessesary to open the portal.
in the underwater temple i have some questions about 2 buttons in the wall before you fall down in the pit to the water lady.. i can not reach and push.them. http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239 ... 6-63_1.jpg and a pit you can jump in from a very high wooden plateau. marked with the red x on the map picture. saved whit frapps. http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239 ... -53-70.png the water lady hd not much information
about the 2 bosses.. the canon rattle boss in the mine i got him..the other boss in the mine i must try to find him its not the golems they are friendly and helps you to craft your armour and weapons.. and the other boss on the top of the tower i missed him i am afraid..i must find a way to get to the top of the tower..i think..i found a puzzle with 4 pipes in the wall ans a message that says about different bolts to fire at it.. i teleported to an island with a chest after fire the poison and the coldbolt to all the four pipes
and i saw a pit with a magic barrieer on it in the magic tower with a wall message pit to an hostile ice elemental pocket world do not use with out autorisation..
Vandalar

Post by Vandalar »

Hi Hansbleed,

Aout the button on the wall :
SpoilerShow
It's a trap ! It was made for players who goes underwater without deactivating the "force field" leading to the Lady of Water. You can ignore it, you didn't miss any loot.
About the pit :
SpoilerShow
It's another secret, or to be exact, a "double secret". First, you need to activate the teleporter underwater. Find the lever near the entrance to the Shrine of Water, (it's not in the shrine). A teleporter will appear and teleport you outside, on a platform. You will find a chest. If you check the position of the pit and the platform, you will notice you can drop right in the pit from that platform. This will lead you in a secret room in the Shrine of the Lady of Water, with another chest waiting for you.
About the boss in the Academy Tower :
SpoilerShow
Did you find the room with the pool of water ? There is a clue on the wall about it. So basically, you need to die in the water ! Make sure the underwater spell isn't active.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

the boss on the top of the tower is dead.. he leaves a sword of eons. but i cannot use it now i must get 1 skill point for both light ad heavy weaon skill..i hope i can find a extra skill point book somewhere.
the searing light spell is that the scroll you find afrwe the chest puzzle in the dark soul underground level?
Last edited by hansbleeb on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
hansbleeb

Post by hansbleeb »

the underwater passage is open now. and i get a strange scroll from the stone head.after return from the roof! the multivers of exellions.. ??????? the water lady opens a treasure room for thanks killing the roof boss..
the other boss in the mine?? i found a room with runes on the ground and put some arcanig gems on it to activate the bolt lock with the lever to open the grate who leads to the storage room above.. i see only a plenty of rats and fireballs ad bolts but no boss! snd a big red stone in the middle. o the rune room
Last edited by hansbleeb on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Banaora

Post by Banaora »

I'm stuck. It's really fun playing though now I don't know how to continue. How do you enter the city of dead? Is there a portal somewhere? I have a spare mine key and two spare gold keys in my inventory. Have three soul weapons. 12 levels visited. I've been to the philosopher and seen the lady. What clue did I miss?