[MOD] - The Butcher of Many + LVL1 Walkthrough

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
matuto

Re: [MOD] - The Butcher of Many - Updated to v1.1!

Post by matuto »

Many thanks Zdnek. I've just slaughtered the Butcher. Perhaps I will replay this excellent mod and mind the chest at the temple. Very good work. I sincerely endorse the mod and hope that you already are planning the next. We, dungeon crawlers, beg for a more linear one where all riddles and puzzles may be solved in the same level/map. And please clearer hints. Congratulations from Rio.
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

matuto wrote:Many thanks Zdnek. I've just slaughtered the Butcher. Perhaps I will replay this excellent mod and mind the chest at the temple. Very good work. I sincerely endorse the mod and hope that you already are planning the next. We, dungeon crawlers, beg for a more linear one where all riddles and puzzles may be solved in the same level/map. And please clearer hints. Congratulations from Rio.
You may play next time with walkthrough I am (slowly) writing to find all the secrets etc.. Good work on killing the Butcher!

I am pleased you like my mod so much, thank you matuto 8-)
matuto

Post by matuto »

We thank you, Sir !
mmatrosov

Re: [MOD] - The Butcher of Many + LVL1 Walkthrough

Post by mmatrosov »

How exactly do I get the water essence? I see the Shrine of Water, but I cannot get past the "Sacred Fountain". There is a closed door behind the statue with a giant toad behind the door, and I don't know how to open the door.
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

Hello mmatrosov,

did you noticed the writing (on the wall close to the fountain) about not to disturb the fountain"s waters? That is exactly you must do, disturb the sacred water by throwing something into it and water guards will emerge from the fountain. After you defeat them all the Green Queen will open it's chamber to protect the shrine and after killing her you are inside :)
mmatrosov

Post by mmatrosov »

Hi, zdenekhoub,

OMG I tried to throw stuff into the fountain like thousand times, but now I see I didn't actually try to drop stuff into it :( Thanks a lot!

Now that you are here could you please answer several more questions? :)
1. I'm stuck at Master's tomb. I obtained Zhandul's orb and Bone Amulet from both of the side corridors, but now I have one way blocked with the forcefield, and another way blocked with some shiny orb, with a touch plate right near it, which seems to be doing nothing. There is a letter and an alcove nearby, but I have no idea what to do with them.
2. After getting the essence of water in the shrine (thanks to your tip) I see the deep pit filled with water. If I jump into it, I am stuck and die underwater. There is an altar nearby and a tablet saying "Feed the green queen! Raw and fresh!". I suppose I have to do something with it to be able to pass through. I unloaded 7 fishes on the altar, but nothing happens. What should I do?
3. In the Northern Keep itself, at the lair of Brotherhood of Rae, there is an altar with balance sign on it and lots of alcoves nearby. With some vague clues. I have no idea what do with them. I was sure I have to put all the essences on the altar, but then I discovered placeholders for them near the entrance to the butcher pit. Could you give some hints on this matter?
4. There is an altar requiring snail and crowern figurines. Where do I find crowern figurine? I found all the others.
5. I see that you updated the extension in Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /796697806) and you are saying "Walkthrough of Level 1 of the MOD added into Steam Walkthroughs." How do I find this walkthrough? And what exactly is "Level 1"?
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

1. I'm stuck at Master's tomb. I obtained Zhandul's orb and Bone Amulet from both of the side corridors, but now I have one way blocked with the forcefield, and another way blocked with some shiny orb, with a touch plate right near it, which seems to be doing nothing. There is a letter and an alcove nearby, but I have no idea what to do with them.
You must put the right figurines into this alcove, the letter you have found is the clue which ones.

2. After getting the essence of water in the shrine (thanks to your tip) I see the deep pit filled with water. If I jump into it, I am stuck and die underwater. There is an altar nearby and a tablet saying "Feed the green queen! Raw and fresh!". I suppose I have to do something with it to be able to pass through. I unloaded 7 fishes on the altar, but nothing happens. What should I do?
The deep pit with water is dead end and your thief says so not to enter it because it seems dangerous. There is nothing to do down under the water. It is just a water corridor which the Green Queen used to get to the surface and back to her Water Shrine. You must give more fresh fish on the Queens altar then 7 :)

3. In the Northern Keep itself, at the lair of Brotherhood of Rae, there is an altar with balance sign on it and lots of alcoves nearby. With some vague clues. I have no idea what do with them. I was sure I have to put all the essences on the altar, but then I discovered placeholders for them near the entrance to the butcher pit. Could you give some hints on this matter?
The clue is about the saying that to give is better then to receive and the colors under this alcove are hint which shards you have to put into the alcove to get a reward. The second clue in this area is about a strong mind and strong body. To enter the Brotherhood of Rae you must use "your wit and strenght" and throw something far enough to activate the pressure plate at end of the corridor behind the statue. Arrow or knife works well.

4. There is an altar requiring snail and crowern figurines. Where do I find crowern figurine? I found all the others.
This figurine is in the Brotherhood of Rae Wyvern Queen guards it.

5. I see that you updated the extension in Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... /796697806) and you are saying "Walkthrough of Level 1 of the MOD added into Steam Walkthroughs." How do I find this walkthrough? And what exactly is "Level 1"?[/quote]
Here is the link to the walkthrough and level 1 is the forest where you start your game: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =939704758
mmatrosov

Post by mmatrosov »

1. You must put the right figurines into this alcove, the letter you have found is the clue which ones.
Oh, right, I missed one figurine, thanks.

2. The deep pit with water is dead end and your thief says so not to enter it because it seems dangerous. There is nothing to do down under the water. It is just a water corridor which the Green Queen used to get to the surface and back to her Water Shrine. You must give more fresh fish on the Queens altar then 7 :)
Seems like the right number is 12. "spawn" was very helpful :)

3. The clue is about the saying that to give is better then to receive and the colors under this alcove are hint which shards you have to put into the alcove to get a reward. The second clue in this area is about a strong mind and strong body. To enter the Brotherhood of Rae you must use "your wit and strenght" and throw something far enough to activate the pressure plate at end of the corridor behind the statue. Arrow or knife works well.
Please note that those colors are displayed only with high quality rendering. Otherwise there is nothing, which might be quite misleading.

I finished playing the mod! This was very fun, thanks! Though quite hard sometimes. Especially when you have to find a secret to continue on the main script. This is quite surprizing, since secrets are usually... well... they are secret. Also, the butcher itself was invisible. Is it a glitch of some kind, or is it by design? Like invisible evil?

Anyway, thanks for the wonderful mod and for quick responses! Looking forward for new modes from you ;)
zdenekhoub

Post by zdenekhoub »

Thanks for the info about low quality rendering not showing the lights.

I am oldschool dungeon player and back then games were much harder overall. Finding hidden place with a key was normal gameplay - but today a secret room is taken just as some non-mandatory bonus :) I like to think about the Keep realistic (when possible) in a way that the Keep guards would keep important key very well hidden out of sight. Like not in alcove you come across in a hall.

The Butcher is invisible on purpose it can be seen only when you wear the amulet of Rae. It was stolen long time ago by the thief you may find (his corpse+story letter) in the sewers in spiders area.

I am glad you liked my mod thank you! And btw you can play sometimes again to find all the secrets with the walkthrough I am sluggishly writing. See you next time ;)
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Thanks for creating this mod. I completed the quest in about 6 hours by using the a couple of fireballs and the Wizard's Virge to defeat the Butcher. I collected 13 Borra and 9 skulls.

After I completed, there were 2 treasure chests that I overlooked
SpoilerShow
A.) In the Cave of Poison, green glowing one behind the gate. I missed the lever by the sign "Upwards Northern Keep"
B.) In the Temple of Earth, the chest that is on the ledge, the lever in front on the stone right around the corner missed that one.
In the Northern Keep the Main Gate that is barred from behind. I can hear fire elemental sounds in different parts of the Norther Keep. I tried a couple of ways to access this area
A.) At the beginning of game there is a stairway to the sewers that is gated.
B.) By the crab there is a walkway that leads up this stairway.
C.) Finally , the Main Gate that is barred.

I looked for secret buttons and ladders etc. No Dice.

The master Key Idea is excellent, the size of the mod is compact/ efficient.

Enhancement - It would be great the include Race when creating/importing a character, not sure if the classes are also limited (Battle Mage vs Wizard)

I really like this mod, it's fun