[MOD] Journey To Justice v2.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
THOM

Re: [MOD] Journey To Justice v1.3

Post by THOM »

matuto wrote:Dear Thom, it seems that you amuse yourself more than us, poor players, with the mod. Dear Rinpoo is quite more generous.
Oh, sorry. It's not my aim to make you angry. I try to give hints to the puzzles but don't spoil the direct solution. Okay - bad idea - I try to be more specific.
matuto wrote:Map - only store is witch's - saw some herbs and other few items and no map. Once picking something, some curse.
The map is in the hut. Have you looked in every bookshelf? I don't believe...
matuto wrote:Item on altar below the lever - your hint - only geographycal (near) -
Look at the walls nearby - or better: ON the walls.
matuto wrote:candlle, only a challenge
Forget about that - there is nothing you can do (except leaving the items where they are).
matuto wrote:Jones and witch - I gave them the right items and received the special clues. What must I "face" ?
Nothing else. That's it. Sorry to confuse you by fueling expectations.
matuto wrote:I remember the eavesdropping (in the mines ? don't remember where) but they've gone away before I could locate the spot they were at. - ball out.
Sorry - I don't know what you mean.
matuto wrote:Lake Leach. There is still time for more pious tips. Please ... ?
Sorry again - I don't understand what you want from me here, too.
THOM formaly known as tschrage

Post by matuto »

Sorry If I seemed angry, I was not.
- map - thanks - certainly I overlooked one of the shelves;.
- altar below lever in Swamp - ok. I will check the walls. Considering that there already was a lever, I had not look for anything else on the walls, like buttons and so.
- candle and bones - only Voodoo stuff ? In Brazil we call it "macumba" or "despacho", most of time dropped midnight at the crossroads as a gift for the devil ("Exu") (LOL).
- Jones' and witch's special clues - if they gave me the clues (no wig and no green) and there is no other related items to carry in inventory but only the book from the mines, why all the answers available in the dialog box at the courtyard are not enough ?
- eavesdropping - now I remember. First time we reach the lab, the traitor and some partner arrive by one of the teleporters. talk about the heroes and how they have been cheated but notice someone else is there and flee. Perhaps the player should look for them or something they dropped. I just wanted you to confirm.
- Lake Leech - I only told you that am now playing again but v.1.3 and would revisit the place. So there is a lot of time for your "pious" more specific hints to us, the lost and frustrated "beggars" (sorry, LOL).
The most important issue is that apparently I should not be again forwarded to the island. Something is wrong with the available answers/evidences to the judges and I received Jones' and the witch's clues and have the book. Any idea ?
THOM

Post by THOM »

matuto wrote:Sorry If I seemed angry, I was not.
Ah - okay, that's good.
matuto wrote:- candle and bones - only Voodoo stuff ? In Brazil we call it "macumba" or "despacho", most of time dropped midnight at the crossroads as a gift for the devil ("Exu") (LOL).
In fact it WAS Macumba that gave me the inspiration for that. I have a relation to Brazil and saw a few times Macumba donations...
matuto wrote:- Jones' and witch's special clues - if they gave me the clues (no wig and no green) and there is no other related items to carry in inventory but only the book from the mines, why all the answers available in the dialog box at the courtyard are not enough ?
I am really clueless. Can you send me a savegamefile somehow?

Post by matuto »

Hi Thom, send me a private message inside Grimrock.net with your convenient e-mail address and I will send you the savegame. Thanks.
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hey Thom, I'm still awaiting your comments about my savegame and the trial. Anything wrong ? Thanks.
THOM

Re: [MOD] Journey To Justice v1.4

Post by THOM »

Oi matuto.

Sorry for the long delay. I had a bad flew and got distracted by some other things.

As a result of the investigation of your savegame-file I found a really bad bug in the script of the last encounter. I fixed it and uploaded a new version.

Sadly I don't think that this will help you with your game. Using this file will not change anything for you. :(

I wonder why no-one else mentioned that problem before...

Post by matuto »

Hi Thom. Thanks. Sorry for the bug. Does this mean I have to start a new game after downloading v.1.4 or the new version (1.4 ?) is able to let me use my savegames ?
THOM

Post by THOM »

Sadly I think, my changes will not affect your savegame. In my tests they didn't. :(
The savegameimage is a writing of the whole gameinformations. While loading the savegame overwrites a lot of stats of the game-dat-file. This seems to happen in this case...

Post by matuto »

So, it seems, I start the whole thing again in v. 1.4 or will never see the happy ending. Anyway, it is a great job. Congratulations.
THOM

Post by THOM »

Thank you 8-)

Tell it everyone... :mrgreen:

(And maybe you will find at your final runthrough all secrets and hidden features...)