[MOD] Journey To Justice v2.1

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
matuto

Re: [MOD] Journey To Justice v1.3

Post by matuto »

Hi, Thom. Break for lunch in Rio. I must confess that yesterday curiosity made me spend half an hour more before going bed. Frustation. First, just one savegame for the book trouble. It means I have no longer the bomb. Could you kindly provide me with the internal name for spawning ? Second, I had not found out the ground lever effect nor what or where to use the pickaxe on. I even found another gold vein that there was not in your mod. Got rich but still frustrated. Is the fishingpole or stick in the secret spot I can't find ? Impossible to enter the teleporter and leave the mine without the clue in the book about the judges. Please ?
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hi, Thom. Found the rod and got the book. Gave up the lava puzzle. Didn't know which pillars to break and it still was very hot downstairs with so many unfriendly fire monsters pestering. Tried all the near walls and rock rubbles, next to the ground lever, and the pickaxe broke nor the walls. It seems there is just one I've not tried onto. And now, in front of the judges, with the Jones' and witch's clues and the book, none of the seven answers starts a suitable dialog. In fact, none of the seven possibilities can be considered an evidence by itself. Am I missing something ? Is there an eight possibility which only appears on the dialog board if I have (in the inventory) or have done something specific ? I've tried to put the book on the table but no action is possible. Another part of the game that logic doesn't help. Should I keep the bomb to blast the court ? Please ?
Rinpoo

Post by Rinpoo »

matuto wrote:Hi, Thom. Found the rod and got the book. Gave up the lava puzzle. Didn't know which pillars to break and it still was very hot downstairs with so many unfriendly fire monsters pestering. Tried all the near walls and rock rubbles, next to the ground lever, and the pickaxe broke nor the walls. It seems there is just one I've not tried onto. And now, in front of the judges, with the Jones' and witch's clues and the book, none of the seven answers starts a suitable dialog. In fact, none of the seven possibilities can be considered an evidence by itself. Am I missing something ? Is there an eight possibility which only appears on the dialog board if I have (in the inventory) or have done something specific ? I've tried to put the book on the table but no action is possible. Another part of the game that logic doesn't help. Should I keep the bomb to blast the court ? Please ?
SPOILER FOR THE LOWER MINE LAVA DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT IT SPOILED!
SpoilerShow
The lava can also be drained by taking a picaxe to all the rubble sitting IN the lava throughout the lower mine. It is how I drained the mine, in fact I still have the bomb in my inventory because I cleared it by doing this. There should be 3/4 rubble spots sitting in plain sight throughout the lower mine, that are attached to brick holes where it is clear the lava is flowing at. NOTE: When I tried to dig at these rocks, sometimes the game would tell me "you can't dig here" when I used the picaxe. If that happens, just keep trying/reloading until you can.
THOM

Post by THOM »

@matuto

The final discussion at the courtyard can only be won if your party really found the three hints. It is not enough that the player knows them - the party actually must have faced them...
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Rinpoo

Post by Rinpoo »

I still cannot find the work gloves after upgrading to 1.3, where exactly are they, I doubt they would be that well hidden, given that I found the other pieces with relative ease. I am kind of tired of looking over and over again for them, since I spent all weekend looking for them when they were not even on the map before. :(

I entered the code you gave me for the swamp, and it still spawns a poison cloud next to me ever so often, but it has indeed stopped my gear/party swapping, so thank you for that. It makes it much easier to deal with. :lol:
THOM

Post by THOM »

Rinpoo, something is broken with you game. The poison-clouds should only appear if you are in the first part of the swamp (the one with the invisible path).
Do you sometimes use the console to jump somewhere to? In this case it would explain why you missed the "end-the script-device"...

The gloves are at the healing-crystal in the mine. But maybe they do not appear in your game because it's updated.
Rinpoo

Post by Rinpoo »

THOM wrote:Rinpoo, something is broken with you game. The poison-clouds should only appear if you are in the first part of the swamp (the one with the invisible path).
Do you sometimes use the console to jump somewhere to? In this case it would explain why you missed the "end-the script-device"...

The gloves are at the healing-crystal in the mine. But maybe they do not appear in your game because it's updated.
Alright, yes the update did not make them appear. Thank you for letting me know. Do you have a spawn command for the gloves I could use to get them?

Ahhh, that would definitely explain it, I used the console to jump to previous maps, when I was searching for secrets and other things, so for example, if I figured out a secret for the castle later on, and I was in the swamp, I would warp back. This is, of course, until I found out I could return to the laboratory later on from the mine. :lol: I originally kept several save files, but figured using the console would be easier and less tedious, but it was all for nothing since you actually implemented a way to go back, I just didn't know about it until later. Maybe I will just restart the entire thing from 1.3 if I can't fix certain problems. :D
matuto

Post by matuto »

Hi Rinpoo and Thom. Thanks again. Well, I am feeling as Rinpoo and tempted to play again but this time v.1.3. So, in the mine, I will have the chance to try both ways to deal with the lava and become a mason and receive a golden pickaxe. Perhaps a limited lava monsters respawning could be inserted in v.1.4. Sorry but sucks. Thom, superb the mountain climbing. I spent some time smoking a cigarette and looking at the full moon between one shock and another (damn wyverns). I must also confess that didn't get the swamp map (where ?) nor solved the candle matter (is it a puzzle ? put the bones on some special place (huuumm, that altar below the lever ....) ? Without the map, the swamp is stressful. But, what ? Had I to pick up something physical with Jones and the Witch related to the wig and "no green use" ? Yes, I have the book in the inventory, but "face" the evidences ? A clue should also be inserted in v.1.4. I've licked every corner in Jones' room and found nothing. With the witch I had that problem with receiving the items and it appeared very reasonable having just received the special clues. It is tragical being advised only in the epilogue. Worst: no idea about your hint's meaning. Please ... ?
THOM

Post by THOM »

matuto wrote: didn't get the swamp map (where ?)
it is very obviously stored
matuto wrote: nor solved the candle matter (is it a puzzle ?
just a challenge
matuto wrote: put the bones on some special place (huuumm, that altar below the lever ....) ?
Huh - bones? Wrong item. The right one is not far away.
matuto wrote: Without the map, the swamp is stressful. But, what ? Had I to pick up something physical with Jones and the Witch related to the wig and "no green use" ?
Witch and Davy Jones will tell you some clues for the trial. If you did the right with or for them.

Post by matuto »

Dear Thom, it seems that you amuse yourself more than us, poor players, with the mod. Dear Rinpoo is quite more generous.
Map - only store is witch's - saw some herbs and other few items and no map. Once picking something, some curse.
Item on altar below the lever - your hint - only geographycal (near) - candlle, only a challenge - no help.
Jones and witch - I gave them the right items and received the special clues. What must I "face" ? The portraits in the cellar ? Well, I have clicked on them and linked names and persons. Any specific item, letter ?
I remember the eavesdropping (in the mines ? don't remember where) but they've gone away before I could locate the spot they were at. - ball out.
Well, I am playing again, this time v.1.3, and will revisit Lake Leach. There is still time for more pious tips. Please ... ?